I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – it’s amazing what you can pick up these days for next to nothing. The Jolege Hoverboard being a prime example, which currently retails for around $120 or so. Yet somehow, delivers the kinds of specs you’d have paid $250 for just a couple of years ago.
Marketed as the perfect machine for kids and adults alike, the Jolege Hoverboard certainly looks the part. Maybe a bit too elaborately presented to be taken seriously by adults, but an instant hit with kids. What’s more, the manufacturer states clearly that this low-cost board has been designed with newcomers in mind. In fact, they reckon kids of all ages can master riding it in just 5 minutes.
Personally, I was interested in finding out just how good the Jolege electric scooter is for its super-low price. Does it really have the strength and power to carry heavier adults? Or is it just a well-presented kids’ toy with a limited grunt under the hood?
Check out the rest of my Jolege Hoverboard review to find out more.
Jolege Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Features of Jolege Hoverboard
1) The board has dual 300W motors and translating to a top speed of 7.5mph.
2) According to the manufacturer, the maximum rider weight limit the board can carry is 180lbs.
3) The latest self-balancing technology provides a safe, stable, and smooth ride for new and experienced riders alike.
4) Charging times average around 3 hours, after which the Jolege Hoverboard has a maximum range of 7 miles approximately.
5) Full UL 2272 certified and 2271 safety certification provides total peace of mind and reassurance for parents.
6) The board is fitted with an array of ultra-bright LED lights for enhanced visibility during darker riding conditions.
7) Various color options are available, along with models with and without Bluetooth speakers as preferred.
8) Every board ships with an extensive warranty from the manufacturer, along with the promise of dedicated after-sales support.
My Experience with Jolege Hoverboard
My first impressions of the Jolege self-balancing scooter were way better than I expected. From the quality of the materials and the craftsmanship of the whole thing, you wouldn’t realize this was an ultra-low-cost board. It had a feeling of quality you’d normally expect with something more premium, which came as a pleasant surprise.
With the manufacturer specifying a 180lbs maximum weight limit, I’d be pushing it to its limits with my review. Then again, that was exactly my intention! To my surprise, once again, it wasn’t nearly as flimsy as I feared it might be. Mounting it for the first time, there was no indication it was struggling to hold my weight. It all felt surprisingly solid and stable – again, impressive for such a low price.
Once out and about well, I personally didn’t get close to that 7.5mph top speed. Nor did I get anything like 7 miles out of it from a single charge. Not that this was unexpected – push any board to its maximum weight limit, and you’d expect the same.
Nevertheless, I have to say that the way the scooter performed given its super-low-price was no less than remarkable. It was enjoyable to ride, stable underfoot, and had decent battery life to boot. A charging time of 3 hours isn’t bad at all, nor is the quality of the Bluetooth speaker in the deck I tested.
The layout of the LEDs is also suitably eye-catching – always a winner with kids. To be honest, I’d have loved to have let my daughter loose on this thing to get her perspective on it. Sadly, I only had it with me for one afternoon, so it wasn’t an option.
Nevertheless, I genuinely think she’d have loved it. Reduce the rider weight, and the board becomes faster, nippier, more maneuverable, and capable of running for longer. With all four of these things tweaked just slightly and in the right direction, the Jolege Hoverboard would be an absolute steal at its current price.
- Quality materials and manufacturing
- Surprisingly powerful performance
- Stable, sturdy and safe to ride
- Reasonable top speed of 7.5mph
- Decent enough charging time
- Quality Bluetooth speaker built in
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- An outstanding hoverboard for kids
- Multiple colours and designs available
- Exceptional value for money
- Not recommended for adults
The way I see it, it’s all a case of perspective from this thing. As an all-round transporter for a full-sized adult, I probably wouldn’t recommend the Jolege Hoverboard. As an enjoyable toy for kids that adults can also play with from time to time, it’s more or less as good as it gets.
You have to remember that you’re looking at something that retails for around $120. For this price, the fact that it could even hold my weight is borderline mind-blowing. If looking for a kids’ gift, you can also borrow when the mood takes you, make a beeline for the bargain-priced Jolege Hoverboard.
If still, you’re checklist not ticked, then consider the best hoverboards for beginners.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.