Shopping for a hoverboards for teenager and unsure where to start? Looking to find the best hoverboard for teenagers at a price you can afford? There’s no shortage of options available, but which features and selling-points should be prioritised?
5 Best Hoverboards for Teenager
- Best for Beginners : Hoverstar HS2.0 Hoverboard
“Bluetooth speakers, UL2272 Cretified, Cutting-Edge Technology”
- Best for Smooth Ride : SISIGAD Hoverboard
“Ideal for kids and Adults, Best Battery life, Value for Money”
- Best Bluetooth Hoverboard : TOMOLOO Hoverboard
“Advanced Technology, Rugged Wheels, Premium Quality”
- Best for Sophostication : Hover-1 Horizon Hoverboard
“Dynamic, Maximum Weight Capcity, Sophisticated”
- Best for kids and Adults : Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard
“2.0 Model, Advanced LG battery, Value for Money”
Best Hoverboards for Teenager – A Brief Buyer’s Guide
Here’s the good news – quality standards have evolved practically beyond recognition over the past couple of years. Today, even the most affordable hoverboards for teenagers are packed with cutting-edge technology. Bluetooth speakers, LED lights, lithium ion batteries, powerful motors and countless safety features.
More importantly, it’s becoming increasingly rare to come across any board that isn’t UL 2272 certified. Multiple riding modes, superb battery life, generous maximum speeds – all up for grabs at rock bottom prices. Hence, it’s simply a case of choosing a top-rated electric scooter from a brand you can trust.
Detailed below, you’ll find a brief an overview of five of the best hoverboards for teenagers available right now. All top-sellers in the segment and backed by thousands of positive customer reviews:
First up, the HOVERSTAR HS2.0 Hoverboard has been setting impossibly high standards for some time now. Bluetooth enabled and UL 2272 certified, it also boasts an impressive top speed and rugged all terrain rubber tires. Suitable for kids, teenagers and adults alike, its maximum weight capacity is 165lbs.
Boards from HOVERSTAR are renowned for maintaining the highest possible safety standards and for their smooth riding. Perfect for newcomers and experienced riders alike, hitting up to 10mph in ideal riding conditions.
Features and Benefits
- The HOVERSTAR HS2.0 Hoverboard boasts a seriously impressive top speed of 10mph.
- Perfect for teenagers and adults, with a maximum weight capacity of 165lbs.
- The deck features a high-quality Bluetooth speaker for added entertainment on the go.
- LED lights increase the visual appeal of the board while boosting visibility in darker conditions.
- A single charge is good for a range of up to 10 miles – way better than most comparable boards.
- Charging times vary from 2 to 3 hours, meaning you’re never waiting long to get back out and about.
- The all-terrain tires have been designed with rougher surfaces in mind for a consistently smooth and enjoyable ride.
- All boards from the brand are fully UL 2272 safety certified for total peace of mind.
- Comes backed by an extensive warranty and comprehensive aftersales support.
Read Full Review: HOVERSTAR HS2.0 Hoverboard Review
The long and short of it with the HOVERSTAR HS2.0 Hoverboard is relatively simple. For a price that seems almost too good to be true, this thing ticks all the right boxes in a big way. It’s fast, safe and enjoyable to ride, with an excellent range and a quick charging time.
It may pack an entry-level price, but it’s firmly positioned within the mid-reaches of the segment. Perfect for teenagers, though just as suitable for experienced adult riders who refuse to compromise on quality.
- Excellent top speed of 10mph
- Maximum range in excess of 10 miles
- Extremely safe and stable to ride
- Charges in less than 3 hours
- Impressive exterior styling
- High-quality Bluetooth speaker
- Remarkable overall value for money
- Rider weight limit of 165lbs
This is another undeniable veteran on the scene, designed primarily with kids and newcomers in mind. The SISIGAD Hoverboard self-balancing scooter takes just minutes to master – even with no prior experience whatsoever. 3 to 5 hours of charging is good for battery life of up to 40 minutes, with a top speed of around 6mph.
Safety and simplicity have been prioritised with the SISIGAD Hoverboard, making it an ideal entry-level scooter. One that ships with a decent 90-day money back guarantee, just in case something goes wrong along the way.
Features and Benefits
- The pedigree and reputation of the SISIGAD are world renowned – a trusted leader in hoverboard design.
- Every SISIGAD Hoverboard is UL 2272 safety certified and extensively tested before shipping.
- The manufacturer lists the board’s top speed as 6mph and an optimum range of 5 miles.
- The latest self-balancing technology makes for an extremely stable and responsive ride on most everyday surfaces.
- LEDs are installed in the wheels and elsewhere on the board for exceptional visual appeal.
- Though designed for kids, the SISIGAD Hoverboard can comfortably carry up to 200lbs.
- All sales are covered by the seller’s 24/7 dedicated aftercare service as an added bonus.
Read Full Review: SISIGAD Hoverboard Review
Simple yet effective – three words that encapsulate what the SISIGAD Hoverboard is all about. It’s not the fastest or most powerful board on the market, but that’s not what it was designed to be. Instead, it’s a super smooth, stable and safe board for newcomers – ideal for kids and teenagers.
As far as entry-level boards at rock-bottom prices go, this thing continues to represent outstanding value for money.
- Perfect for kids and teenagers
- Weight capacity of 200lbs
- Dedicated 24/7 customer support
- Loaded with bright LED lights
- Exceptionally safe unstable
- Available in multiple colours
- Superb value for money
- Takes up to 5 hours to charge
The unique styling alone of the TOMOLOO Hoverboard makes it an almost irresistible prospect. That said, it’s far more than a case of style without substance with this thing. After just 2 to 3 hours of charging, the TOMOLOO Hoverboard can operate for up to three hours. With a top speed of around 9mph, this translates to a range in excess of 12 miles.
It’s also fitted with a premium-quality stereo Bluetooth speaker and rugged 6.5 inch wheels. There’s even a free hoverboard bag up for grabs upon request when placing your order. All of which is pretty remarkable, when you consider the rock-bottom price of the TOMOLOO Hoverboard.
Features and Benefits
- The TOMOLOO Hoverboard has an impressive top speed of approximately 9mph in ideal riding conditions.
- Up to three hours of battery life translates to an epic range – often in excess of 12 miles.
- All TOMOLOO Hoverboards are fully UL 2272 certified and extensively tested for total peace of mind.
- The unique wheels are loaded with a whole bunch of LEDs that flash randomly while the board is in use.
- Advanced stabilisation technology provides a smooth, safe and stable riding experience.
- Perfect for kids and teenagers, with a maximum weight capacity of 165lbs.
- Simply contact the seller when purchasing your hoverboard to qualify for a free carry bag as an added bonus.
Read Full Review: TOMOLOO Hoverboard Review
The visual appeal of the TOMOLOO Hoverboard is undeniable. Nevertheless, it’s not until you put it to the test that you get a feel for what it’s capable of. Fast, powerful and with a massive range – all for an impossibly low price.
In fact, you have to dig pretty deep to find anything negative to say about it. Just as long as you’re within its 165lbs weight limit, you won’t do better for this kind of cash.
- Absolutely stunning exterior design
- Unique LED light configurations
- Robust and durable construction
- Suitable for kids and teenagers
- Impressive 9mph top speed
- Battery life of up to 3 hours
- Free carry bag available on request
- Outstanding value for money
- Limited weight capacity of 165lbs
A more serious piece of kit designed with experience riders in mind, the Hover-1 Horizon Hoverboard takes no prisoners. At least, in the sense that it’s quick, powerful and far from a generic kids’ toy. Something you get a feel for with its unique styling, which is more sophisticated than most comparable electric scooters.
Recommended for riders aged 15+ with at least some experience, it’s a dynamic and enjoyable ride from start to finish. Battery life, range, Bluetooth speaker, maximum weight capacity – all well above average. Though again, up for grabs at an entry-level price that’s hard to resist.
Features and Benefits
- Hover-1 Horizon Hoverboard cruises along at a top speed of 7.5mph in ideal riding conditions.
- It has a maximum weight capacity of 220lbs – ideal for older teenagers and experienced adults.
- The board’s controls are exceptionally dynamic and responsive, making for a seriously enjoyable ride.
- The deck features a much higher quality Bluetooth speaker than many comparable boards.
- Choose from three different riding modes to suit the preferences and experience levels of all riders.
- All Hover-1 Horizon Hoverboards are fully UL 2272 safety certified and extensively tested before shipping.
- The accompanying Bluetooth app is great for monitoring performance and tracking the board with GPS.
- Custom LEDs in various positions make for a seriously impressive visual effect.
Just as long as you have at least some riding experience, the Hover-1 Horizon Hoverboard comes highly recommended. That said, the switchable riding modes make it a perfectly viable option for newcomers. The manufacturer rates it as suitable for riders aged 15 and over, making it just the thing for teenagers.
Powerful, nippy and sophisticated in its design, it’s another fantastic board at a rock-bottom price. Not to mention, a stylish personal transporter that guarantees you’ll stand out from the crowd and turn heads.
- A unique and sophisticated design
- Excellent top speed of 7.5mph
- Impressive battery life and range
- Useful mobile application
- Premium quality Bluetooth speaker
- Maximum rider weight of 220lbs
- Great for riders aged 15+
- Outstanding overall value for money
- Not suitable for younger riders
Last in our list comes the iconic Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard, which takes technological sophistication to extremes. This is a state-of-the-art hoverboard self-balancing smart scooter for those who refuse to compromise on quality.
New features with the 2.0 model include two LED light bars, fender bumpers, and an LED battery-life monitor. Not to mention, super quiet 350W motors and advanced LG branded battery technology. Coupled with a weight limit of 220lbs, the Razor Hovertrax DLX 2.0 is in a league entirely of its own. All currently up for grabs at its best price to date – well worth checking out while stocks last.
Features and Benefits
- Rated by many as the world’s smartest self-balancing scooter from a noted and trusted market leader.
- Extensively safety tested and fully UL 2272 certified for total peace of mind.
- Capable of carrying riders up to 220lbs at a cruising speed of more than 8mph on most smooth surfaces.
- The sophisticated LG battery charges quickly and is good for up to 60 minutes of riding from a single charge.
- Advanced self-balancing technology provides a smooth and stable ride for kids as young as eight.
- Enhanced exterior design and new LED light bar for a seriously sophisticated look.
- Backed by an extensive warranty from the manufacturer and dedicated aftersales support.
Read Full Review : Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Review
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is a slightly more expensive option, but nonetheless justifies every penny. If you’re happy to pay little more, what you get in return is something quite extraordinary. Inside and out, this thing is loaded with the most sophisticated technology on the market by far.
It’s also a fantastic family-friendly board – suitable for kids as young as eight and adults of all ages. Don’t be put off by the initial purchase price – the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 represents awesome value for money.
- Exquisitely designed inside and out
- The most sophisticated hoverboard technology
- Maximum rider weight of 220lbs
- Suitable for kids as young as eight
- Advanced LG battery for improved performance
- Top speed of up to 8mph
- Huge range from a single charge
- Fantastic value for money
- Priced slightly higher than some hoverboards for teenagers
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our Guide page.
Best Hoverboards for Teenager – Buying Guide
When shopping for a hoverboard for teenagers, there are several key factors that should be prioritised. Alongside the personal preferences of the rider, these are the things to focus on before placing your order:
First and foremost, it’s worth establishing your budget ahead of time. Whether looking to spend a $150, $250 or $400+, there’s no shortage of options to choose from. Nevertheless, you don’t need to spend a fortune these days to take home a good hoverboard for a teenager. Don’t read too much into initial purchase prices – concentrate more on long-term value for money.
Size and Weight
The vast majority of hoverboards these days are a fairly similar size. They tend to follow the same basic design standards, so there’s rarely much between them. However, overall device weight can vary significantly from one board to the next. Anything from 15kg to around 30kg in some instances. As you’ll inevitably find yourself carrying the board around from time to time, weight is worth taking into account.
Irrespective of age, nothing matters more than rider safety. Always look for a board that features UL 2272 safety certification and has been extensively tested. If it lacks UL 2272 certification, you’ll be taking a chance charging it or even bringing it into your home. Check carefully what the manufacturer states about safety and consider UL 2272 certification mandatory.
Hoverboards for teenagers need to have a fairly decent maximum weight capacity. 165lbs is about the minimum weight capacity to be looking for, though some can accommodate 220lbs+. It all depends on the weight of the rider who’s going to be using the board on a day to day basis. If looking to pick up a board the whole family can enjoy, go for something with a higher weight capacity.
The size of the tyres will determine what types of terrain the board can traverse. Standard 6.5-inch tyres are great for smooth everyday surfaces, though aren’t suitable for off-road riding. If planning on tackling tougher terrain, consider something with 8.5-inch or 10.5-inch wheels. In most instances, off-road boards with oversized wheels are more expensive than their 6.5-inch counterparts, though not always.
Two things to take into account with a hoverboard’s battery – the first of which being charging times. Depending on the board you buy, you could be waiting from 1 to 5 hours for it to charge. In addition, battery life is a key factor to consider. This translates to the maximum range of the board – how far it can travel before needing to be charged. With low-cost boards, range varies from 5 miles to 12 miles or more – something to check before buying.
Last up, it’s entirely up to you as to how many additional features and functionalities you want or need. Examples of which include GPS, Bluetooth speakers, carry bags, LED lights and more. All of which are technically optional, but can add enjoyment to the experience.
Final Thought: Are Hoverboards Safe Now?
In years gone by, the safety of hoverboards was questionable to say the least. This was due to the fact that incidents of boards catching fire or exploding when charging were quite commonplace.
Today, UL 2272 safety certification exists to address this exact issue. Where a board is UL 2272 certified, it has been proven as safe and poses no fire risk. Just as long as it’s used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, you’ve nothing to worry about.
The answer is therefore yes – all hoverboards that carry UL 2272 certification are safe to charge and ride.