There’s no shortage of sub-$200 self-balancing scooters on the market right now, which can make it difficult to know where to start. However, some top-selling machines – like the Hoverheart 6.5 Inch Hoverboard – continue to outperform the competition by a significant margin.
If you’re looking for a low-cost electric hoverboard that doesn’t compromise on quality, the Hoverheart is borderline unbeatable. Despite being up for grabs at an impossibly low price, this is a cutting-edge hoverboard that features Bluetooth speaker connectivity, UL2272 safety certified hoverboard, and the latest self-balancing technology.
It’s also backed by thousands of positive reviews from satisfied customers worldwide, along with independent critics who know quality when they see it. Designed primarily for use on smooth and even surfaces, the Hoverheart is the perfect choice for everyday enjoyment and daily commutes to the office. From top to bottom, it provides an impressive illustration of just how much you can take home for less than $200 right now.
Hoverheart 6.5 Inch Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Hoverheart Hoverboard
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Instruction Manual
Hoverheart 6.5 Inch Hoverboard Features
1) First and foremost, you don’t have to worry about safety with the Hoverheart 6.5 Inch Self balancing scooter. It’s been subjected to the usual 159 tests to earn full UL 2272 certification. So when it comes to battery safety, you know you’re covered.
2) The 6.5-inch allow wheels are coated in solid rubber tires, meaning no problems with punctures or tire pressures along the way. Far from limited to smooth surfaces only, the manufacturer sings the praises of the balancing electric Scooter on a variety of surfaces – on and off-road.
3) Most of the varieties on the market right now come in serious, impressive chrome finishes – blue, gold, rose gold, and more. This thing seriously stands out from the crowd.
4) Unlike a fair few scooters in the same price range, the Hoverheart Self Balancing Scooter features a high-quality Bluetooth for taking your tunes on the go.
5) Twin 200-W motors deliver plenty of power to the wheels while charging times come in at an average two to three hours max.
6) According to the manufacturer, the Hoverheart Self Balancing Scooter is good for speeds of 6mph to 10mph tops, along with a maximum range of around 12km.
7) Great for use in darker conditions, it also has a whole bunch of extra LEDs that go all the way up to the top of the wheels. Great for safety, great for looking good!
8) And as would be expected, the maximum weight limit for the Hoverheart Self Balancing Scooter is the usual 220lbs.
My Experience with Hoverheart 6.5 Inch Hoverboard
So now onto the guts of the thing – how did the Hoverheart 6.5 Inch scooter perform when put to the test? More importantly, should you go out and buy one right now?
Well, right out of the box, there’s no denying how impressive the thing looks. That chrome paint job is eye-popping and gives the board a real premium feel. Likewise, it’s nice and heavy, though not excessively so – far from flimsy in any case.
In my experience, the three-hour end of the charging time estimate is the most accurate – I never filled it in anything close to two hours, anyway! Still, three hours later, it was ready for me to put it through its paces. Typically, scooters with a 220lbs limit feel a bit labored under my 200lbs frame.
With the Hoverheart Self Balancing Scooter, this wasn’t the case at all. It honestly felt as if I could have stepped on it with my wife on my shoulders, and it’d still have done the business! Not that I would, but still – very impressive build quality and power.
Once you get moving, it’s the stability and responsiveness of this hoverboard that stand out as most impressive. Though it’s not mind-blowingly fast, it nonetheless has the kind of smooth ride and power that are so much more important than speed.
Decent Speed, Excellent Range
It cruises at around 6mph on most smooth surfaces, which is enough for most purposes. Taken off-road, grass and hard dirt are no problems for the Hoverheart. I didn’t test it on snow or sand and nor would I advise doing so, to be honest!
The range was also solid enough – 10km to 12km, depending on the surfaces and inclines. Speaking of which, uphill stretches were dealt with as easily as flats, which is pretty impressive for such an affordable board. Plus, the Bluetooth speaker is way more powerful and capable than I expect for this price range.
As for the downsides, the chrome finish isn’t going to last long with heavy use. Quite simply, it peels and scratches off at the first knock! Aside from this, the only real bugbear is the lack of waterproofing. Which means that once it starts raining, you’ll need to pack your Hoverheart away and find another way of getting home!
- Excellent power and performance in general
- Good battery life and range
- It looks amazing out of the box
- The extra LED lights and Bluetooth speaker are great
- Full battery protection for peace of mind
- Good build quality
- Paint scratches off way too easily
- Could maybe do with being a little faster
- No waterproofing so cannot be used in the rain
- Not suitable for rougher terrain
Referring back to what I said right back at the beginning, buying an entry-level scooter will always mean sacrificing some things for the things you really want.
In the case of the Hoverheart 6.5 Inch Hoverboard, you get a great Bluetooth speaker, brilliant LED lights, and solid power. What you don’t get is waterproofing, fast-charging, or paint that stays in place for the duration!
Still, it all adds up to outstanding value for money. If not, the kind of $200 board that’s no less than a bargain. Whether looking for a toy for the kids or a reliable transporter, this thing has you covered.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.