Does the Sweetbuy 6.5 inch Hoverboard live up to its name? In a word, yes and then some! This is another example of a self-balancing scooter that delivers almost impossibly good value for money. Despite being comprehensively safe and outperforming any number of hoverboards in its class, this hoverboard is currently on sale at its lowest price to date.
As you’d expect from a quality self-balancing scooter, this hoverboard is safety UL2272 certified for total peace of mind. It is also Bluetooth enabled and features an inbuilt speaker, so you can listen to your favorite tunes as you ride. Packed with the latest self-balancing technology under the hood, the Sweetbuy Hoverboard excels with impressive top speed, a very solid range, and a decent charging time.
At this point, you may be wondering – what’s the catch? What’s the deal with the Sweetbuy Hoverboard, and why is it so cheap? These are just two of the questions we’ll be looking at in more detail in the review below, along with the pros and cons of this seriously cost-effective board.
Sneak preview: there are far more pros and cons read on for more!
SWEETBUY Hoverboard Package Contents
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- User Manual.
- Carry Bag.
Features of SWEETBUY Hoverboard
1) The manufacturer claims that the SWEETBUY 6.5 inch Hoverboard is ideal for kids and newcomers alike. Designed with maximum stability in mind, it’s an easy board to mount and ride with confidence.
2) Having undergone rigorous safety checks and received full UL 2272 certification, this 6.5″ hoverboard is seriously safe. Advanced fire protection technology brings total peace of mind into the deal.
3) It’s also available in a variety of eye-catching colours to suit all tastes and preferences. This two-wheel self balancing scooter also features an array of bright LED lights for maximum visual appeal. It’s the kind of the board you’d see coming from a mile away in darker conditions, further adding to its safety.
4) Boasting a pretty impressive charging time of as little as 2 hours, this 6.5-inch scooter has a maximum weight limit of 264lbs and can deal with inclines as steep as 15°.
5) The powerful twin-200W motors under the hood deliver plenty of reliable performance, cruising over uneven terrain with no loss of power – even when ridden by heavier adults.
6) With a top speed of 10mph and a maximum range of 8 miles, the SWEETBUY hoverboard outperforms some of its closest competitors by a significant margin.
7) Though not the lightest scooter on the market, this SWEETBUY self balancing scooter is both durable and perfectly portable.
My Experience With SWEETBUY Hoverboard
As mentioned a little earlier, it’s impossible not to be impressed by the looks of the SWEETBUY 6.5″ hoverboard right out of the box. We went for the basic black version, which looks particularly amazing when the LEDs are doing their thing in darker conditions.
There’s been no expense spared on the quality of the materials or overall assembly of the thing, which are both as good as I’ve come across so far. The SWEETBUY self balancing scooter charged fully in just over 2 hours, which is about 50 percent quicker than the last board I tried out.
More Than You’d Expect from a Budget Board
After which, it was time to head outside and put it through its paces. Immediately, the stability of the SWEETBUY 6.5″ hoverboard stood out as a huge improvement over many boards I’ve reviewed. I totally recommend it for anyone looking for a super-easy board to get started with, or for younger kids.
Once up and running, that maximum speed of 10mph feels pretty nippy. The maneuverability of this hoverboard is outstanding, and the way it deals with uneven surfaces is amazing. It’s not designed to handle the toughest off-road conditions but isn’t going to cause you any problems on grass, hard dirt, and so on. There’s virtually no loss of power or performance on gentle inclines, either.
We got about 7.5 miles out of the SWEETBUY 6.5 inch self balancing scooter before it needed to be charged, after which it was once again ready to go in about 2 hours. There’s a real feeling of quality about the way this thing performs – even when carrying a 100kg frame like mine. The Bluetooth speaker is as good as you’d expect for this kind of money – great for additional entertainment while riding, but hardly an all-in-one disco!
I read a few comments suggesting the SWEETBUY 6.5″ self balancing scooter is rather on the heavy side, though I didn’t find it too weighty at all. In any case, boards like these need a bit of weight behind them to get the job done, and the SWEETBUY 6.5 inches hoverboard certainly does that!
- Excellent build-quality and beautifully presented
- Super-bright LEDs
- Maximum rider capacity of 264lbs
- Fully charges in as little as 2 hours
- Extremely easy to mount and well balanced
- Deals with inclines of up to 15 degrees
- Superb value for money
- Not fully waterproof so unsuitable for wet weather
- Bluetooth speaker not particularly loud
On paper, the SWEETBUY hoverboard adds up to a pretty appealing proposition. Put to the test; it’s even more impressive. But it’s when you consider the ultra-affordable purchase price of the thing that you can’t help but want one. There are currently hundreds of scooters available in the $100 to $150 price range, but most are fundamentally flawed.
Just a handful deliver everything you’d expect from a top-shelf scooter at a seriously rock-bottom price. The SWEETBUY 6.5″ hoverboard is one of them – a brilliant piece of engineering that caters to the needs of adults and kids of all ages.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.