I live in an area, which remains densely covered with vehicles in rush hours. This makes my traveling to an office a headache and so I was looking for an alternative that is swift and miniature. That is when I came across Swagway X1 Hoverboard.
It is only appropriate that this remarkable piece of engineering should have the word “swag” in its name as the word is associated with things that are stylish, functional and have an edge over the competition. I found all the above-mentioned qualities in my Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board that I recently bought.
It was this immense satisfaction that made me sit and write a review about this high quality product. To start with, my package came with the following contents:
Swagway X1 Package Contents:
- 1 Segway Main Unit,
- 1 (100-240v AC) Charger Chord,
- 1 User Manual In English.
Features of Swagway X1
- It is sturdy in its built, which makes it strong enough to carry a heavy person.
- The alloy wheels not only add to the charm of the automobile but also make the wheels durable.
- The dual action motors provide more balance to the structure of the scooter.
- It is self-balancing and so requires very little effort from the person riding it.
- The gyroscopes and the position sensors work in tandem, giving an appropriate incline to the scooter every time there is a shift in weight.
- Its foot pads are pressure sensitive.
- It has a universal power supply of 100-240v which makes it capable of working anywhere in the world.
Specifications Of Swagway X1 Hoverboard:
- It weighs 26.5 pounds, which makes it possible to carry the scooter around.
- The wheel thickness of this scooter is 6.5 inches, which gives an easy lift over uneven surfaces.
- The voltage capacity is 100-240v and works on all power systems.
- It works on universal frequency of 50-60Hz.
- A complex series of sensors and gyroscopes enables it to make smooth turns.
- It is designed for a maximum of 222lbs/100kgs only. Do not exceed this weight limit as it may result in an increased wear and tear of the scooter.
- There are two 350 watts motors, each independently controlled.
- A single horizontal axle built increases the longevity of the structure.
- The Samsung Lithium ion battery with a power range of 201-350 W is very reliable for long distances.
- The Battery capacity is around 4.4A in an ideal condition.
- It is up and ready for riding after an hour of charging. That is the longest I have ever had to charge it.
- The LED display is a very useful indicator of battery life, telling you when it’s time to put it on charging.
- It can climb an elevation of 15 degrees.
- The wear and tear resistant ABS +PC plastic has been used in the fabrication of its outer cover.
- It has a maximum speed of 8mph and can navigate up to 10miles.
Using Swagway X1 Hoverboard:
My pet peeve is getting stuck in traffic jams but with Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board, I do not have to endure it anymore. I can easily sway through the little space available between any two cars. Though the segway is self-balancing, it took me around an hour to ride it with perfect balance.
I like the great maneuverability it offers. The noise-free operation goes to show what a masterpiece it is. I have been using it only to go to work but the kids in my area use it to perform tricks like jumps and fakies, so it is quite versatile an object.
The universal voltage and frequency range allow me to take this scooter along abroad. But let me warn you against using it in rains. I was disappointed to learn that it is not waterproof.
The Swagway X1 Self Balancing Scooter should not be immersed in water but then it is a scooter and not a submarine and I am no diver myself! The battery port especially should remain dry. I always make sure to clean the port with a cotton swab before charging it if I have crossed a puddle on the way. It is perfect for moderately coarse roads like the ones we have in cities.
Swagway X1 Framework:
- It has an outer covering that mine has in black.
- There are two pressure sensitive footboards.
- Two Independently controlled motors.
- A light indicator.
- A battery.
- A charging port.
- Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart hoverboard has solid rubber tires. Therefore, zero worries of flats and bursts.
- The wheel grip is good for both slippery tiled roads and for those that are rough. So you can sail indoors for fun or take it outside for more productive purposes.
- Its solid outer casing is alluring in design.
- The foot pads are big enough to accommodate large feet.
- It can take sudden turns without jerks.
- The battery does not deplete easily even if you are riding at maximum speed.
- It does not cause pollution.
- Very robust in frame but delicate to look at.
- Cheaper than the other products in this category but is better in quality.
- It has a stable battery backup, which increases the reliability of this product.
- The charging point is not waterproof and can get damaged if immersed in water.
- I feel the top speed could have been more than the present 8mph.
- The scratches started appearing within hours of usage.
- It has no wireless connectivity like bluetooth.
All in all, Swagway X1 is a wonderful investment to make. I would recommend this self balancing scooter for everyone except those who cannot balance properly. Also, it is not for you if you are heavier than 250 pounds.
You can use this balancing scooter to go everywhere. It really is that convenient. Keep it fully charged but do not charge for more than two hours as that can damage the battery. So don’t hesitate and buy it now. Maybe it’s time to respond to the inner skateboarder in you!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.