I’ve made no secret of my feelings about the latest scooters on the market from Segway. Despite typically attaching pretty elevated price tags, you can’t deny the quality or performance of this scooter’s latest lineup. Hence, when I was allowed to put the Segway Ninebot ES2 Electric Scooter to the test, I jumped at it!
Not literally, but you get the idea. On the one hand, I could understand how some would be put off by paying this kind of price for a scooter. Nevertheless, this Electric Scooter really isn’t like any other scooter on the market right now.
There are hundreds of kick scooters that look the part and claim to deliver the goods, but this thing is on another level. In terms of build quality, performance, durability, and enjoyment, it’s about as good as it gets right now. I can see how the price is off-putting for some, but this isn’t simply a ‘toy’ for having a bit of fun on.
Instead, it’s a fully functional and relentlessly reliable form of transportation you’ll come to depend on. To be honest, if it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t absolutely need one right now, I’d be placing my order for a Segway Ninebot ES2 KickScooter today. Seriously – one ride of this thing, and you’ll see where all that extra money goes. Read the below review to know more about this electric scooter.
Segway Ninebot ES2 Package Contents
- Segway Ninebot ES2
- Instruction Manual
Segway Ninebot ES2 Features
1) The Segway Electric Kick scooters has been fitted with a significantly more powerful motor than any of its predecessors, making it good for a top speed of 15 mph and an impressive range of approximately 15 miles. It also has a good maximum load capacity of 220lbs, making it great for adults of all shapes and sizes.
2) Manufactured from lightweight, durable materials, the scooter weighs just over 27lbs and folds away with a single click. All of which makes it extremely easy to carry and transport when out and about.
3) Both the front and rear wheels are fitted with high-quality shock absorbers, which in conjunction with large solid tires, adds up to a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
4) The Ninebot ES2 KickScooter features a dual mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system. It enables the scooter to be brought to a halt from its maximum speed in just over 13 feet.
5) Additional technologies and features fitted to the scooter include cruise control, Bluetooth capabilities, customizable ambient light colors, an LED display, mobile app connectivity for additional security and firmware updates, and more.
6) The superb LED display provides a clear indication of current speed, battery level, power mode, Bluetooth connection status, and more.
My Experience with Segway Ninebot ES2 Scooter
I know what scooters from Segway are all about, so I tend to have pretty high expectations. Luckily, I can’t think of a single device that has disappointed to date.
In the case of the Ninebot ES2 KickScooter, it’s another familiar tale of a seriously impressive piece of engineering that towers over the competition. While I usually use the boards and scooters I test for leisurely riding around the neighborhood, I’ve been using this thing to commute to work for around a month now.
I’ve clocked up at least 300 miles on it, and to say I’m impressed would be an understatement.I’ve been through dozens of scooters from major brands over the years and I can honestly say that the Segway Ninebot ES2 Electric Kick Scooter outperforms all of them by a considerable margin.
I get a decent average speed of around 12 mph out of it, which never falters where gentle inclines are concerned. Rough terrain is generally best-avoided, but the dual shock absorbers make a difference when things get tricky.
Charging times come in at around 3 hours, which considering the range of approximately 13 miles (in my experience), is pretty fantastic. I also love how easy it is to fold away when not in use – it’s perfectly compact and lightweight for carrying on public transportation.
Last up, and I can definitely confirm Segway’s promise of a seriously powerful and capable braking system, which brings the scooter to a complete standstill quicker than you’d believe. I didn’t measure the exact braking distance (I’m not quite so thorough), but I can assure you this thing really does stop on a dime.
- Unbeatable power and performance
- Exceptional materials and build quality
- Superb battery life and range
- Fantastic LED screen
- One of the best braking systems out there
- Dual shock absorbers for a comfortable ride
- Not a cheap scooter to buy
The way I see it, the Segway Ninebot ES2 is open to interpretation. If you’re simply on the market for a generic toy to ride around for fun, and this thing could be way too expensive.
However, if you plan on using it as a reliable and enjoyable mode of transportation, it’s by far one of the best scooters on the market right now. I also think it represents outstanding value for money. The thing is, you’re never going to get a Bonafide Segway scooter for a bargain price.
Nevertheless, you really need to think about what it is you’re getting for your money. This is the electric scooter that sets the standard for most others. Hence, if the price isn’t an issue, this is the scooter to set sights on.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.