LAMBORGHINI 6.5 Self Balancing Scooter
|Product Name:||LAMBORGHINI Hoverboard,6.5"|
|Wheel Size:||6.5 Inches|
|Features:||UL 2272 safety certification, LEDs, 200-W Motors, Total power output of 400W|
If you’ve checked out any of my previous hoverboard reviews, you’ll know I’m not one to buy into gimmicks. Nor do I believe that a big brand name automatically indicates a superior-quality board. Nevertheless, even I was powerless to resist the allure of a board endorsed by the world’s most iconic supercar manufacturer.
Ladies and gentlemen – introducing the official Lamborghini 6.5 Hoverboard. Just to get one thing straight, this is no rip-off or imitation of any kind. The board you’re looking at in this Lamborghini 6.5 review is indeed 100% certified and endorsed by the Italian carmaker itself.
Boasting the most spectacular looks and the emblem that needs no introduction, it could well be one of the most impressive-looking boards ever to hit the market.
The question being – how does it perform when put to the test? Or more importantly, does it justify its rather elevated price-tag? During the course of this Lamborghini 6.5 Hoverboard review, I’ll be taking a look at the most impressive aspects of this branded board, along with how it stands up (no pun intended) in terms of value for money.
- 1 Main unit (scooter).
- 1 Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- 1 User Manual.
Features of the Lamborghini 6.5 Self-Balancing Scooter
- Perhaps the single most impressive feature of all is the way this thing looks. Sporting a series of design cues taken directly from Lamborghini’s most iconic supercars, it’s designed to be one of the most visually appealing machines of its kind ever to be released.
- Every board is put through a series of extensive and intensive tests, prior to leaving the factory. UL 2272 safety certification and cutting-edge technology to safeguard the rider add up to total peace of mind from start to finish.
- The board is fitted with a whole bunch of LEDs that burst into life when the board is activated, along with a high-quality Bluetooth speaker that outperforms those of most comparable boards.
- According to the manufacturer, the 6.5-inch tyres are perfectly suitable for smooth surfaces and more challenging terrain alike. Plenty of power is delivered by way of two 200-W motors under the hood, authorized and certified by none other than Lamborghini.
- Likewise, the manufacturer also claims that this super intuitive board takes just 3 minutes to master. Even with no prior riding experience whatsoever, kids and adults alike can be up and running with the Lamborghini 6.5 Self-balancing Scooter in no time.
My Experience with the Lamborghini 6.5 Hoverboard
If I’m being perfectly honest, I was probably a little swayed in favour of this thing before it even turned up at my door. I mean seriously – who hasn’t dreamed of owning a Lamborghini? At least, a Lamborghini you can actually ride, anyway? The thing is, some people have criticised this board for not being a true Lamborghini.
They argue that as it is actually made in China, it’s not the real thing. But at no point does anyone involved in its manufacture claim that it is made at the actual Lamborghini plant in Italy. Instead, it has been certified and approved by Lamborghini – both inside and out. As you’ve probably seen by now, this thing has looks to die for.
It’s the wheels that immediately let you know who’s behind it, which have been designed to replicate those of Lamborghini’s most stunning supercars. Long story short – it’s one of the best-looking boards I’ve ever seen by a significant margin. Power it up, and there are three modes to choose from, suitable for beginners, intermediates and more advanced riders.
Its total power output of 400W may be slightly lower than that of some comparable boards, but the way it performs is simply superb. Stable, powerful, and capable of carrying heavier adults with ease. It’s a gorgeously stable board to mount and dismount.
The mobile app you can download to connect the board to a Bluetooth device is also stellar. I found the option of blasting out Lamborghini engine noise a little on the corny side, but I can see how most kids would actually love it.
True to its promise, the Lamborghini 6.5 inch self-balancing scooter does a surprisingly good job dealing with rougher surfaces. I’m not sure I would trust it on loose gravel, but it did the business on the grass, harder dirt and so on.
In total, I got around 80 minutes on average from a full charge, equating to a range in the region of 11km. I didn’t find any concrete claims regarding its top speed from the manufacturer, but I reckon it averaged around 10mph on smooth surfaces.
All in all, a fabulous-looking board delivered in all major areas. Not to mention, perhaps the only realistic way of owning a genuine Lamborghini, without scoring a lottery win first. (For me, anyway!)
- One of the best-looking boards on the market right now
- Excellent power and performance at all times
- Three different riding modes to suit all skill levels
- Performs surprisingly well off-road
- Superior materials and general build quality
- Excellent range and good top speed
- Usually charges in less than 2 hours
- High-quality Bluetooth speaker
- The chance to own a real Lamborghini
- It probably should be waterproof for this kind of money
- A little on the expensive side at around $350
I always try to conclude my reviews fairly, by considering the boards I test in terms of value for money. In the case of the Lamborghini 6.5 self-balancing scooter, it’s a little on the tricky side. You’ll be looking at an outlay in the region of $350 to take one of these home.
In exchange for your money, you’ll get the bragging rights of owning an official Lamborghini board, with the most incredible looks and solid performance all round. However, it doesn’t quite have the same game-changing power, performance and features you might expect from a supercar-branded self-balancing scooter. It’s therefore entirely a case of affordability.
If you’ve no problem paying $350 for a scooter that’s all about the brand, go for it. If it’s all a little too rich for your blood, you’ll probably find a similar board with very similar features for less than $350. Although it won’t bear the Lamborghini logo, which is pretty irresistible if you ask me.CLICK HERE TO SEE PRICING ON LAMBORGHINI 6.5" HOVERBOARD