If you’ve checked out any of my previous hoverboard reviews, you’ll know I’m not buying into gimmicks. Nor do I believe that a big brand name automatically indicates a superior-quality board. Nevertheless, even I was powerless to resist the allure of a board endorsed by the world’s most iconic supercar manufacturer. Ladies and gentlemen – introducing the official Lamborghini 6.5 inch Hoverboard.
To get one thing straight, this is no rip-off or imitation of any kind. The board you’re looking at in this Lamborghini 6.5 review is indeed 100% certified and endorsed by the Italian carmaker. Boasting the most spectacular looks and the emblem that needs no introduction could well be one of the most impressive-looking boards ever to hit the market.
The question is – how does it perform when put to the test? Or, more importantly, does it justify its somewhat high price-tag? During this Lamborghini 6.5 Hoverboard review, I’ll be taking a look at the most impressive aspects of this branded board, along with how it stands up (no pun intended) in terms of value for money.
Lamborghini 6.5 inch Hoverboard Package Content
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Lamborghini 6.5 inch Hoverboard Features
1) Perhaps the single most impressive feature of all is the way this thing looks. Sporting a series of design cues taken directly from Lamborghini’s most iconic supercars is designed to be one of the most visually appealing machines of its kind ever to be released.
2) Every board is extensively tested before leaving the factory. UL2272 certified and cutting-edge technology to safeguard the rider adds to total peace of mind from start to finish. This UL 2272 tested hoverboard indicates that this product has been tested for electrical and fire-safety.
3) LED lights all over the board burst into life when the board is activated, along with the high-quality Bluetooth speakers that outperform those of most comparable boards.
4) According to the manufacturer, the 6.5-inch tires are perfectly suitable for smooth surfaces and more challenging terrain alike. Plenty of power is delivered by way of two 200-W power motors under the hood, authorized and certified by none other than Lamborghini.
5) Better yet, 3 minutes is all it takes to master the art of riding this thing. Even with no prior riding experience whatsoever, kids and adults alike can be up and running with the Lamborghini 6.5 Self balancing Scooter in no time.
My Experience with the Lamborghini 6.5 Inch Hoverboard
If I’m perfectly honest, I was probably a little swayed in favor of this thing before it even turned to my door. I mean seriously – who hasn’t dreamed of owning a Lamborghini? At least, you can ride, anyway? The thing is, some people have criticized this board for not being a real Lamborghini.
They argue that as it is made in China, it’s not the real thing. But no one involved in its manufacture claim that it is made at the Lamborghini plant in Italy. Instead, it has been certified and approved by Lamborghini – both inside and out. As you’ve probably seen by now, this thing has looks to die.
Supercar Pedigree and Performance
It’s the wheels that immediately let you know who’s behind it, which have been designed to replicate those of Lamborghini’s most stunning supercars. Long story short – it’s one of the best-looking boards I’ve ever seen by a significant margin. Power it up, and there are three modes to choose from, suitable for beginners, intermediates and more advanced riders.
Its total power output of 400W may be slightly lower than that of some comparable boards, but the way it performs is superb. Stable, powerful, and capable of carrying more massive adults with ease. It’s a gorgeously durable board to mount and dismount.
The mobile app you can download to connect this Hoverboard with Bluetooth device is also stellar. I found the option of blasting out the Lamborghini engine noise a little on the corny side, but I can see how most kids would love it.
True to its promise, the Lamborghini 6.5 inch self balancing scooter does a surprisingly good job dealing with rougher surfaces. I’m not sure I would trust it on loose gravel, but it did the business on the grass, harder dirt, and so on.
In total, I got around 80 minutes on average from a full charge, equating to a range in the region of 11km. I didn’t find any concrete claims regarding its top speed from the manufacturer, but I reckon it averaged around 10mph on smooth surfaces.
A fabulous-looking board delivered in all major areas. Not to mention, perhaps the only realistic way of owning a genuine Lamborghini without scoring a lottery win first. (For me, anyway!)
- One of the best-looking boards on the market right now
- Excellent power and performance at all times
- Three different riding modes to suit all skill levels
- Performs surprisingly well off-road
- Superior materials and general build quality
- Excellent range and good top speed
- Usually charges in less than 2 hours
- High-quality built in Bluetooth speaker
- The chance to own a real Lamborghini
- It probably should be waterproof for this kind of money
- A little on the expensive side at around $350
I always try to conclude my reviews fairly, by considering the boards I test in terms of value for money. In the case of the Lamborghini 6.5 inch hoverboard, it’s a little on the tricky side. You’ll be looking at an outlay in the region of $350 to take one of the homes.
In exchange for your money, you’ll get the bragging rights of owning an official Lamborghini board, with the most incredible looks and reliable performance. However, it doesn’t quite have the same game-changing power, performance, and features you might expect from a supercar-branded self-balancing scooter. It’s, therefore, entirely a case of affordability.
If you’ve no problem paying $350 for a scooter that’s all about the brand, go for it. If it’s all a little too rich for your blood, you’ll probably find a similar board with very similar features for less than $350, although it won’t bear the Lamborghini logo, which is pretty irresistible if you ask me.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.