The Jetson Strike hoverboard forms part of a large and growing collection of scooters from this well-known brand. In this instance, the Jetson Strike is the affordable all-terrain variant, which claims to be able to get the job done on all types of surfaces.
For the most part, it’s a pretty similar board to its siblings from the same collection. The same LED lights, the same Bluetooth speaker, and the same powerful motor under the hood. It’s just that in this instance, the Jetson Strike all-terrain hoverboard is fitted with much more rugged and durable off-road tires.
In most instances, all-terrain boards with 6.5-inch wheels aren’t particularly impressive on the rough stuff. Take the off-road, and they’re more likely to get clogged up and start beeping at you than get you from A to B. Nevertheless, I’ve been genuinely impressed with all the Jetson boards I’ve tried to date, so I figured I’d give this one the benefit of the doubt.
The question being – does the Jetson Strike all-terrain hoverboard succeed where so many have failed before? Check out the full details in my in-depth Jetson Strike hoverboard review below to find out.
Jetson Strike Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter)
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor
- User Manual
Features of Jetson Strike Hoverboard
1) The Jetson Strike is powered by the same 400W dual-hub motor as several other scooters from the collection, which is good for carrying adults up to 220lbs in weight.
2) The manufacturer claims that the Jetson Strike has a maximum range of 10 miles, which is impressive for an all-terrain scooter designed for off-road use.
3) Its maximum speed tops out at approximately 10mph, while inclines of up to 15 degrees are no problem for its powerful dual motor.
4) Battery charging times come in at around 3 hours, and the board weighs a surprisingly slender 16lbs – far lighter than most comparable off-road boards.
5) Recommended for anyone aged 12 or over, the Jetson Strike ships complete with a one-year limited warranty from the manufacturer or supplier warranty for total peace of mind.
6) There’s a decent quality Bluetooth speaker built into the deck, along with an accompanying mobile app that can be used to control a variety of settings.
7) Jetson’s active balance technology and anti-slip grip pads make for a smooth, safe, and stable ride, even when things get a little challenging along the way.
My Experience with Jetson Strike Hoverboard
I’m not going to beat about the bush on this one, as there’s really no point. Can a 6.5-inch scooter really stake claim to being a true all-terrain board? The short answer is no – 6.5-inch wheels, in general, are too small to handle seriously tricky off-road conditions.
That said, the Jetson Strike all-terrain hoverboard does a pretty good job of bridging the gap between the two. On the one hand, it’s an extremely capable, stable, and enjoyable everyday scooter that’s great for tearing about the place on. On the other, it’s also way more competent than some of its counterparts when it comes to dealing with the occasional bit of rough or uneven terrain.
For example, put to this thing to the test on short grass or compacted dirt, and it’s not going to let you down. By contrast, anything like gravel or loose dirt could cause you a problem. So like I said, it’s somewhere in the middle – sort of a ‘hybrid’ of sorts that does a bit of both.
Other than this, everything else is as impressive as expected. Top speed, range, stability, battery charging times, Bluetooth speaker, and so on – all just as good as I have come to expect from Jetson. And, as I’ve said in several other reviews, the Ride Jetson mobile app is one of the best in the business by far.
Interestingly, the Jetson Strike is recommended by the manufacturer for riders aged 12 and over. Strange (in my opinion) for such an incredibly stable and easy board to ride, but I guess they know more about it than I do!
- Robust and durable design
- Powerful 400W motor
- Suitable for adults up to 220lbs
- Top speed of 10mph
- Maximum range of 10 miles
- Good battery life and charging times
- Excellent stability when mounting and dismounting
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- Limited off-road capabilities
With the Jetson Strike hoverboard, it’s once again a case of having realistic expectations. If you genuinely expect this thing to fly over the roughest surfaces with ease, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. If you’re more realistic in terms of what 6.5-inch wheels are capable of, you’re in for a real treat.
This thing is pretty much the same machine as some of its siblings from the collection, though with the addition of all-terrain tires. An addition that does make a difference, but doesn’t transform it into a radically different hoverboard.
Still, as there’s always the chance, you’ll hit a little rough terrain when out and about, it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. The Jetson Strike pairs all the selling-points of its siblings with the added versatility of moderate off-road capabilities. Which, by anyone’s reckoning, is always a bonus!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.