This is far from the first board I’ve tested from this rated and reputable brand. Having put a fair few of their boards to the test, I’ve come to expect pretty decent performance and excellent value for money. What attracted me to this HYPER GOGO 8.5 inch Hoverboard, in particular, was those impressive-looking tires, combined with the promise of all-round off-road performance.
To be frank, I’m yet to find a board within this price range that does at least a modest job dealing with tougher surfaces. Given the price of this self-balancing scooter, I certainly wasn’t expecting any miracles.
Nevertheless, they’ve done the business with a solid handful of boards in the past, so I was willing to reserve judgment until I’d actually tested it. So, does the HYPER GOGO 8.5inch Hoverboard deliver the kind of off-road performance its budget-priced counterparts simply cannot? Read on for all the info you’ll need on this handsome-looking piece of kit.
HYPER GOGO 8.5″ Hoverboard Content
- HYPER GOGO 8.5″ Hoverboard/li>
- Instruction Manual
- Carry Bag
Features of HYPER GOGO 8.5″ Hoverboard
- According to the manufacturer, the biggest selling point in this hoverboard is its capacity to deal with all types of terrain. Along with enhanced durability and oversized wheels, every board has also passed extensive safety tests to achieve UL2272 certification.
- The latest advances in self-balancing gyroscopic technology have been used to create a board that is safe and easy to mount and dismount. This makes self-balancing scooter is the ideal choice for kids and adults of all ages, with a maximum load capacity of 198lbs.
- A high-quality Bluetooth speaker has been built into the HYPER GOGO 8.5 inch Hoverboard for added entertainment on the go.
- Illumination quality has also been stepped up with the HYPER GOGO 8.5 inch Self-Balancing Scooter, which features a series of high-intensity LEDs for riding in low visibility conditions. The appearance of the board itself is also extremely eye-catching.
- The manufacturer indicates a maximum top speed of 6mph and an optimum range of 6 miles, along with a maximum climbing limit of 10 degrees and a total item weight of 32lbs. This would seem to suggest that the battery is good for approximately 1 hour of continuous riding.
- Very stable and easy to mount
- Smooth and comfortable riding experience
- Quality materials and well put together
- A good choice for kids and newcomers
- Decent overall power and performance
- Full battery protection for peace of mind
- Limited range and top speed
- Not suitable for tougher terrain
I’ll cut right to the chase with this thing – it’s a great board on the whole, just as long as you don’t throw anything too challenging its way. Exactly as I’d suspected, this hoverboard is essentially identical to a bunch of other boards from the same brand, only with slightly larger tires.
Do the 8.5” tires make a difference to the smoothness and enjoyment of the ride? Yes. Does the addition of 8.5” tires make it a true off-road board for all types of terrain? No. The HYPER GOGO Self-Balancing scooter has some weight to it, which is always reassuring.
The quality of the Bluetooth speaker is also questionable, but it is certainly no worse than the speakers built into most boards for around this price. In terms of stability, the HYPER GOGO 8.5 Hoverboard scores top marks. My daughter and I found it an absolute breeze to mount and dismount, so it’s definitely a contender as a great board for kids and newcomers.
It also seems to be a reasonably powerful board, carrying my frame comfortably and dealing with gentle inclines with no real drama. The 6mph top speed has a habit of feeling somewhat sluggish but is probably fast enough for younger users.
The one-hour battery life adds up to an average range in the region of 5 miles, which is a fair bit behind some of its counterparts. Nevertheless, this is somewhat augmented by the fact that the scooter delivers a smoother and more comfortable ride than many comparable scooters when the going gets a little rough.
HYPER GOGO 8.5″ Hoverboard – Conclusion
For me, this 8.5inch Hoverboard is indicative of why you need to gauge your expectations realistically. On the one hand, you have a board that looks as if it’s capable of dealing with even the toughest terrain out there. On the other, you have an incredibly low price. These are the kinds of things that don’t usually go hand in hand – there’s always some level of compromise when buying a bargain scooter.
In the case of the HYPER GOGO 8.5″ compromise comes in the form of limited top speed and an equally limited range. However, what you get for your money is an impressive piece of engineering with a surprisingly powerful motor, capable of carrying adults of all shapes and sizes with no drama or hesitation.
It’s not going to replace your primary mode of transport but has all the makings of an excellent toy. And again, it scores top marks as the first board for kids and newcomers an exceptionally safe, stable, and enjoyable ride is all-round.