I’ve had the pleasure of riding boards from these guys a fair few times over the years. To date, I’ve never been disappointed with what they bring to the table. I, therefore, knew exactly what to expect from the HYPER GOGO 8.5-inch hoverboard – the oversized version of its smaller sibling.
Across the board, upgrading to 8.5-inch wheels does make a difference you have to experience to believe. It’s a small change that adds up to a lot, converting a road-friendly electric self-balancing scooter into a true all-terrain hoverboard you can take just about anywhere. UL 2272 certified hoverboard, built in bluetooth speaker enabled and bursting with bright LED lights, the HYPER GOGO 8.5-inch is a desirable package from top to bottom.
Still, you also need to factor top speeds, battery charging times, and maximum ranges into the equation. Not to mention how easy and enjoyable a board is to ride in general. I’ve never been let down by a HYPER GOGO 8.5 inch Hoverboard before, but will the 8.5-inch version be the first?
Check out my full review below to find out how I got on with this good-looking all-terrain beast of aboard.
HYPER GOGO 8.5 Inch Hoverboard Package Contents
- HYPER GOGO 8.5 Inch Hoverboard
- Instruction Manual
- Carry Bag
HYPER GOGO 8.5 Inch Hoverboard Features
1) According to the manufacturer, the biggest selling point in this hoverboard is its capacity to deal with all types of terrain. Along with enhanced durability and oversized alloy wheels, every board has also passed extensive safety tests to achieve UL2272 certified.
2) The latest advances in self-balancing gyroscopic technology have been used to create a board that is safe and easy to mount and dismount. This makes self-balancing scooter is the ideal choice for kids and adults of all ages, with a maximum load capacity of 198lbs.
3) There’s also a high-quality Bluetooth speaker for added entertainment on the go.
4) Illumination quality has also been stepped up with the HYPER GOGO 8.5 inch Self-Balancing Scooter, which features a series of high-intensity LEDs for riding in low visibility conditions. The appearance of the board itself is also extremely eye-catching.
5) The manufacturer indicates a maximum top speed of 6mph and an optimum range of 6 miles, along with a maximum climbing limit of 10 degrees and a total item weight of 32lbs. This would seem to suggest that the battery is good for approximately 1 hour of continuous riding.
My Experience with HYPER GOGO 8.5 Inch Hoverboard
I’ll cut right to the chase with this thing – it’s a great board on the whole, just as long as you don’t throw anything too challenging its way. Exactly as I’d suspected, this hoverboard is essentially identical to a bunch of other boards from the same brand, only with slightly larger tires.
Do the 8.5” tires make a difference to the smoothness and enjoyment of the ride? Yes. Does the addition of 8.5” tires make it a true off-road board for all types of terrain? No. The HYPER GOGO Self-Balancing scooter has some weight to it, which is always reassuring.
The hover board with bluetooth speaker is of average quality on the whole. But it is certainly no worse than the speakers built into most boards for around this price. In terms of stability, the HYPER GOGO 8.5 Hoverboard scores top marks. My daughter and I found it an absolute breeze to mount and dismount. Hence, it’s a contender as a great board for kids and newcomers.
It’s also a powerful board, carrying my frame comfortably and dealing with gentle inclines effortlessly. The 6mph top speed sounds sluggish on paper but is probably fast enough for younger users.
The one-hour battery life adds up to an average range in the region of 5 miles. A fair bit behind some of its counterparts, but still decent enough. In any case, it delivers a smoother and more comfortable ride than most comparable scooters on rough terrain.
- Very stable and easy to mount
- Smooth and comfortable riding experience
- Quality materials and well put together
- A good choice for kids and newcomers
- Decent overall power and performance
- Full battery protection for peace of mind
- Limited range and top speed
- Not suitable for tougher terrain
For me, this hyper gogo Hoverboard is indicative of why you need to gauge your expectations realistically. On the one hand, you have a board that looks as if it’s capable of dealing with even the toughest terrain out there. On the other, you have an incredibly low price. These are the kinds of things that don’t usually go hand in hand – there’s always some level of compromise when buying a bargain scooter.
In the case of the HYPER GOGO 8.5 inch Hoverboard compromise comes in the form of limited top speed and an equally limited range. However, what you get for your money is an impressive piece of engineering with a surprisingly powerful motor. One that’s capable of carrying adults of all shapes and sizes with no drama or hesitation.
It’s not going to replace your primary mode of transport but has all the makings of an excellent toy. Top marks as the first board for kids and newcomers – a safe, stable, and enjoyable ride all-round.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.