The Glidecraft X325 Hoverboard is one of those curious devices that disappeared from the likes of Amazon quite some time ago. It’s still widely available via in several major online marketplaces but isn’t quite as prolific as it used to be. Something I can’t fully explain, as on paper, at least it seems to tick all the right boxes.
Having acquired (don’t ask me how) a Glidecraft x325 for the day, I was interested to learn more about it. The first thing I learned is that it’s the bigger brother to the x100, designed with rougher terrain in mind. Extensively fire safety tested, and Bluetooth enabled, the x325 is a durable and hard-wearing piece of engineering.
It took me some time to track down its spec-sheet (the box was missing), but the whole thing made for seriously reassuring reading. A solid top speed, plenty of power under the hood, an impressive maximum weight limit – everything you’d expect from a premium board. Not to mention the reassurance of CE, FCC, MSDS, and UL safety certification.
Prior the putting it to the test, I still couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t as popular as it should be. Even after riding the Glidecraft x325 for several hours, I was still none the wiser. It was only after completing the Glidecraft Hoverboard review that I found out the slight kicker to the whole thing.
But you’ll have to read on to find out what that was so let’s get started.
Glidecraft X325 Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter)
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor
- User Manual
Glidecraft X325 Hoverboard Features
1) The x325 Glidecraft features oversized 8.5-inch aluminum wheels, which are designed with tougher off-road surfaces in mind.
2) According to the manufacturer, the board can easily accommodate riders as heavy as 286lbs.
3) Premium quality materials have been used inside and out in order to create an extensively durable and long-lasting scooter.
4) The maximum speed of the Glidecraft Hoverboard is listed as 12mph, while the battery is rated for around 1 hour of high-performance riding.
5) UL 2272 certification adds up to total peace of mind, eliminating the risk of fires or explosion from the equation.
6) The board’s built-in Bluetooth battery provides additional entertainment on the go when connected to any compatible mobile device.
7) Powerful LEDs to the front illuminate the road ahead for improved safety and visibility during darker conditions.
8) The Glidecraft Hoverboard is also surprisingly lightweight for such a powerful board, making it easy and convenient to carry when not in use.
9) Battery charging times average around 2 hours, which is about the norm for a high-quality board these days.
My Experience with Glidecraft X325 Hoverboard
As much as anything else, I really wanted to find out how the Glidecraft x325 self-balancing scooter performs when faced with rough and uneven terrain. You can buy a board for $100 these days that’s fine on concrete – boards that can cope with the tough stuff is few and far between. Charged in a fraction under 2 hours, my Glidecraft Hoverboard was ready to go.
At this point, it’s only fair to point out that the x325 exceeded my expectations in terms of overall quality. Its sophisticated-looking exterior lets you know it’s more than just a basic toy, while the quality of the materials is simply outstanding. They say it can carry up to 120kg and I’ve no doubt it can – it carried me like I weighed nothing at all.
Speed-wise, 12mph is as fast as you’ll ever need a hoverboard to be. The bonus with the x325 being its acceleration, which, if anything, could be too quick for novice riders to handle. You get about an hour out of the battery, so you’re looking at a range of 12 miles max. Again, pretty decent and right in line with today’s top-sellers.
Off-road, the x325 performed at least as well as any 8.5-inch board I’ve tried to date. Longer grass, gravel, loose dirt, and so on – all traversed with ease. It also doesn’t make a drama of the odd bump in the road, or the occasional incline. Riding on the grass, in particular, was an absolute blast with this thing, which turns on a dime and is responsive in the extreme. And if I was a fan of Bluetooth speakers, I’d recommend this board without hesitation – excellent all-round sound quality.
I’d almost call the x325 an absolute no-brainer if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s a pretty expensive board. Still, if the price isn’t a concern and you’re all about off-road performance, you’ll be in your element with this thing.
- Exceptional quality inside and out
- Impressive manufacturing quality
- Very competent off-road performance
- Premium quality Bluetooth speaker
- Good top speed of 12mph
- Maximum range of 12 miles
- Gorgeous exterior styling
- Charges in less than 2 hours
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- A comparatively expensive hoverboard
And there it was – the one very slight downside to the whole thing the price. As a self-balancing scooter in its own right, the Glidecraft x325 is simply outstanding. A sophisticated and powerful machine made for adults, which does the job fantastically on and off-road. This is, in every sense, a serious personal transportation device.
The only downside is that it’s also priced way higher than many top-selling boards. Or at least, it was in its heyday – heavily discounted models do come up from time to time. In any case, there’s really no knocking this Glidecraft Hoverboard in terms of overall value for money. It may cost more than a conventional board, but what you’re taking home is anything but conventional.
If you’re seeking a hoverboard that’s capable of consistent off-road use, we recommend you take a look at our best off-road hoverboards page.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.