There’s a lot to like about the Felimoda 8.5 Inch Hoverboard by way of its looks alone. Even at a glance, you can tell that this is a machine that means business.
Rugged, beautifully built, and sizeable, to say the least, it’s an impressive piece of kit from top to bottom. Likewise, take a look at the specs (which we’ll come to later), and it’s more of the same. Both on paper and in the flesh, it looks like an absolute winner. Coupled with an affordable price tag…well, what more could you ask for?
Still, it’s not until you put a hoverboard to the test that you know the story in full. Felimoda 8.5 Inch Hoverboard reviews are predominantly positive, but I prefer to make up my own mind. Not that I had anything but high expectations for this thing, of course.
There’s a fair amount of hype surrounding this scooter, and it seems to be almost impossibly cheap. So, rather than being sceptical, I went about my review with a completely open mind. How impressed was I with the Felimoda 8.5 Inch Hoverboard? Does it genuinely live up to the hype? Is the whole thing too good to be true? Let’s find out!
Felimoda 8.5 Inch Hoverboard Contents
- Two-Wheel Hoverboard
- Power Supply Charger
Features of Felimoda 8.5 Inch Hoverboard
- As always from this manufacturer, the Felimoda 8.5 Inch All Terrain Hoverboard is UL 2272 certified. It’s been extensively safety tested inside and out for total peace of mind.
- The board features two huge 8.5-inch wheels with all-terrain tires for off-road enjoyment. According to the manufacturer, even seriously challenging surfaces are no problem for this rugged device.
- Its maximum speed is published as nine mph, and it’s rated as able to deal with inclines of up to 15°.
- Powered by twin 300W motors, there’s more than enough grunt to carry riders up to 220lbs in weight.
- Speaking of which, the board itself ways approximately 30lbs. Not too bad for a high-end off-road board with plenty of power under the hood.
- Charging times average 4 to 6 hours, after which the scooter’s maximum range is around 10 miles.
- Bright LEDs adorn the board in various places, making for enhanced visibility in darker conditions.
- Each board comes complete with a reasonable warranty and satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer for added reassurance.
My Experience with Felimoda 8.5 Inch Hoverboard
I’m always skeptical when a low-cost board stakes claim to solid off-road performance. The reason being that in most instances, low-cost and off-road aren’t compatible. You can have one of the other, but not both.
Or at least, that used to be the case. Increasingly, it’s becoming apparent that you don’t have to pay a fortune to enjoy the true off-road experience—the Felimoda 8.5 Inch Self Balancing Scooter, illustrating the point perfectly, which performs beyond expectations.
First and foremost, it feels every bit as sturdy and durable as it looks. Even though it has a modest 220lbs maximum weight capacity, it feels solid as a rock. It’s also exceptionally stable and fantastically responsive, making it a joy to ride.
On smooth and even surfaces, the ride really is like butter. Those massive wheels and tires make light work of the odd bump in the road, keeping things safe, stable, and enjoyable for the duration. More impressive, take it off-road, and its performance doesn’t suffer in any way.
I gave it the usual business on grass, gravel, stones, and compacted dirt – all of which it traversed with ease. Not just with ease, but with the kind of consistent power and smoothness I hadn’t expected. Nine mph is a decent top speed for an off-road scooter at any price – as is a 10-mile range.
Inclines, bumps, debris, loose stones etc – no concern whatsoever. Honestly, I’ve tested boards for twice this price that aren’t half as capable off-road. In fact, the only slight downside to the whole thing is its charging time. It needed about 5 hours to fully charge from the flat, which is a bit much.
Still, I’d say it’s a small price to pay for a board that offers so much for so little. Really not a big deal when you consider its affordable price.
- Fantastically rugged and durable construction
- A very attractive board to look at
- Outstanding performance off-road
- Superb power and performance in general
- Very smooth and stable in motion
- Range of up to 10 miles per charge
- Decent top speed of 9mph
- Extensively safety tested
- Great overall value for money
- It takes a little too long to charge
If you keep up with my reviews, you’ll know it’s not often I recommend low-cost all-terrain scooters. The Felimoda 8.5 Inch UL2272 Certified Hoverboard, being one notable exception to the rule. For this kind of money, I hardly see how you could expect more.
On smooth and rough surfaces alike, it runs like an absolute dream. It’s got plenty of power, feels stable underfoot, and doesn’t falter when things get tricky. It also looks the part, has a solid range, and is comprehensively safety tested. There’s also a version available with a Bluetooth speaker if that’s a deal-breaker for you.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.