The Coocheer Hoverboard was designed to fill a rather important gap in the self-balancing scooter market. Quite simply, this thing is made for those who want something a little better than an entry-level scooter, but don’t want to splash out on the most premium electric hoverboards available. The result of which is a mid-range board that delivers above-average performance at a price that’s more than fair for what you get in return.
With its market-leading range and seriously slick looks, it represents an appealing package upon the first inspection. It’s a classic 6.5-inch scooter that’s designed with smooth and even surfaces in mind, with full UL2272 certified for total peace of mind.
Suitable for kids and adults alike, the board has a good maximum rider weight capacity and is also waterproof for wet weather use. Safety, stability, and enjoyment are what the Coocheer Hoverboard is all about, which is currently on sale for its lowest price to date. Check out the full details of this impressive board in our extensive review below and see just how much extra scooter you get these days for a little more money.
Coocheer Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Coocheer Hoverboard Features
1) As you probably know, it’s pointless going any further into the features of a board, if it doesn’t make the grade in terms of safety. With the Coocheer 6.5-inch self-balancing scooter, safety is far from an afterthought. This board has been through 159 safety checks to receive UL2272 certification, features intelligent power-off protection and an advanced temperature management system. What more could you ask for?
2) As is the case with a most board in this price range, this self-balancing scooter supports a maximum weight of 220lbs. So it’s pretty great for most kids and adults, though isn’t going to do the job for any one of a larger size.
3) According to the manufacturer, this 6.5-inch scooter is up to twice as powerful as its rivals. Making for a top speed in the region of 10mph and a cruising speed of 6.5mph. Neither of these ‘double’ the performance of rivals though, so perhaps a claim that’s a little optimistic!
4) With a solid running time in the region of two hours, its range is 15km to 20km, which in turn takes it right out of toy territory and makes it great for commuting. Not to mention, slightly longer journeys.
5) The 6.5-inch rubber tires are good enough to deal with grass, pebbles, dirt, and even snow, which would suggest that the Coocheer 6.5-inch self-balancing scooter is more than capable on the rough stuff. It can also deal with inclines of up to 15-degrees, which is about the standard for this specification of the scooter.
6) Bright LED lights make it great for use in darker conditions. And in case you were wondering, the answer is yes – this self-balancing scooter is waterproof IP 54 certified, meaning you can go ahead and use it in pretty much all weathers!
My Experience With Coocheer Hoverboard
I always try to be neutral and open-minded when checking out a scooter for the first time. But in the case of the Coocheer self-balancing scooter, it wasn’t easy. I’d already heard so much hype about it and read a ton of reviews – all of which did little other than sing its praises. So if anything, I was worried my expectations were are little too high.
Taking it out of the box, the COOCHEER Hoverboard Two-Wheel self balancing scooter certainly looks the part. Those gleaming alloy wheels are working well with the jet-black and blue frame of the model I bought. It’s weighty enough to give you confidence in its quality, but not too heavy to be inconvenient.
I’ve got to admit though, I was a little bummed there were no Bluetooth speakers thrown in, which is a standard expectation these days. Two hours of charging and the Coocheer 6.5-inch self-balancing scooter was ready to do its business.
Despite coming in close to the 220lbs limit, it felt way more solid and stable than I’d expected, which is partly because the standing area is about 30% larger than that of some of its closest rivals. So if you’ve got big feet, which I certainly have, there’s an immediate sense of comfort and space.
Slow But Stable and Super-Safe
For me, a cruising speed of 6.5moh or so is a bit on the slow side. The Coocheer 6.5-inch self-balancing scooter can handle speeds of up to 10mph, though it doesn’t dole them out too often. That said, what it lacks in speed it more than makes up for in range and power.
This thing takes inclines in its stride – even with a heavier fellow like me piloting it. Testing it on all sorts of terrain, I got way more than 15km out of it from a single charge.
Even when the ground’s wet, it doesn’t disappoint.That said, 6.5-inch tyres of this type are never going to be enough to deal with the roughest and loosest terrain. So if you’re planning to head to the beach or out in the snow, keep an eye on the road ahead!
- Brilliant ride and performance in general
- Solid construction and a feeling of quality
- Excellent range and quick charging times
- Bright LED light and great looks in general
- Feels powerful on inclines and rougher ground
- Fully waterproof for all-weather use
- Plenty of space for bigger feet (mine!)
- Lack of Bluetooth speaker is a bit of a shame
- Not the fastest board out there and no beginner/pro modes
- Solid tires are a little on the rough side sometimes
On the whole, I could find fault with the Coocheer Hoverboard if I really tried. It doesn’t have a Bluetooth speaker, and it’s are from the fastest board in its class. Nevertheless, with this kind of range, power, comfort, and ease of use, it represents outstanding value for money. It’s also suitable for use in wet weather as a pretty huge bonus!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.