It’s been around for some time, but the City Cruiser Hoverboard continues to hold its own. A top-seller online, the vast majority of City Cruiser 6.5 inch Hoverboard reviews are self-explanatory. In terms of price, performance, and all-around enjoyment, this thing apparently ticks all the right boxes.
Perfect for adults and kids alike, it’s a quick, stable, and enjoyable board for all purposes. It’s also up for grabs at a pretty impressive price, which is always a bonus. Still, I’m always curious how boards like these compare to the latest models on the market.
Particularly within this ultra-competitive price bracket, where there’s no shortage of options. So, I picked up a review model of the City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Hoverboard and gave it a go. Was I impressed? Absolutely! How does the City Cruiser perform by today’s high standards? Read on, and you’ll find out.
City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Two Wheel Hoverboard
- Power Supply Charger
- Carry Bag
- After-Sales Service Card
Features of the City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Hoverboard
1) Unlike most scooters, the City Cruiser 6.5 inch Hoverboard comes complete with a carry bag, which is an instant plus point. Definitely, something to look for when shopping for a scooter.
2) As with all boards from this brand, it’s also UL 2272 certified for total peace of mind. Beware any self-balancing scooters that lack UL 2272 safety certification, which may be dangerous.
3) The deck of the board features a quality built-in Bluetooth speaker. Connect it to your mobile device and enjoy your favorite music as you ride.
4) Cutting-edge gyroscopic technology makes for a smooth, stable, and safe experience. A board that’s been designed to be as easy as possible to mount, ride and dismount.
5) The manufacturer indicates a maximum speed of 7.4mph, along with a top range of approximately 10 miles. In both instances, solid performance.
6) It’s a surprisingly lightweight board at just over 14lbs, yet can carry riders up to 165lbs in weight. Again, an impressive performance from a low-cost board.
7) The 6.5-inch tires have been designed with rougher surfaces in mind for a more versatile riding experience. There’s also a bunch of bright LEDs distributed across the board for maximum visibility.
My Experience with the City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Hoverboard
When conducting my review, there was one rather significant initial issue. That being, the board’s maximum rider weight capacity of 165lbs. I don’t consider myself to be particularly heavy, but this is pushing it a little.
I’d say I’m pretty much on the borderline, so I was a little apprehensive about stepping on the City Cruiser. To my surprise, it didn’t creak, squeak, or make any of the noises that indicate a potential problem. In fact, it carried me with no trouble at all from start to finish.
I was close to letting my daughter conduct the review in its entirety – I’m glad I gave it a chance! For such a low-cost board, the power of the City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Self Balancing Scooter is impressive. It took around 2 hours to charge, after which I got around 9 miles before it needed more juice.
During which, the entire experience was surprisingly stable, responsive, and nippy. 7mph or so isn’t particularly fast, but it’s more than enough for a leisurely commute. As always, the fact that it came complete with a carry bag was a big plus point for me.
I personally don’t understand why more scooters don’t ship with bags, but still – great to see. No issues with any aspect of the performance of the board, its Bluetooth speaker, or LED lights. All right on par with what you’d expect from a similar low-cost board right now.
If anything, the only tiny downside would be its off-road performance. But then again, 6.5-inch scooters aren’t designed for off-road surfaces. Even when it says ‘all-terrain’ in the description, it’s not exactly true. Still, keep this thing confined to smooth everyday surfaces and no complaints whatsoever. Smooth, safe, stable, and surprisingly enjoyable to ride – the perfect pick for the whole family.
- Great design and quality manufacturing
- Solid power and performance
- Feels safe and stable underfoot
- Decent range of around 10 miles
- Top speed of approximately 7.4mph
- Charges in around 2 hours
- Very bright LEDs for enhanced visibility
- Ships complete with a carry bag
- Great value for the whole family
- Maximum rider weight capacity of 165lbs
On paper, it would be difficult for me to recommend the City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Hoverboard as a scooter for adults. Or, for that matter, a scooter for the whole family to share. The reason is that, to my knowledge, at least, grown men and women often weigh more than 164lbs!
In which case, you’d be contravening the manufacturer’s guidelines and invalidating your warranty. Generally, I would never recommend riding a scooter you’re too heavy for. You might break it, or you might do yourself an injury in the process.
Nevertheless, the City Cruiser 6.5 Inch Hoverboard carried me like I was light as a feather. Hence, I can’t say anything other than how impressed I was with it. It’s entirely up to you whether you push your luck with its maximum weight capacity. I got away with it – maybe you will too?
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.