In search of a quality hoverboard with a Bluetooth speaker and LED lights? Looking for the best Bluetooth hoverboard that won’t cost you a fortune? There’s no shortage of Bluetooth hoverboards to choose from, but which are worthy of your cash?
These days, built-in Bluetooth speakers are relatively common features. Whether spending $150 or $500+ on a self-balancing electric scooter, you’ll find plenty of Bluetooth-enabled options available. Alongside safety, speed, range, battery life, and so on, Bluetooth is a preferred primary feature for many buyers.
But which is the best Bluetooth hoverboard money can buy right now? In terms of overall value for money, which self-balancing hoverboards with Bluetooth outperform the pack?
5 Best Bluetooth Hoverboards
- Best for Smooth Ride: Swagtron T580 Hoverboard
“Bluetooth Speaker, Suitable for Whole family, All-Weather Use”
- Best for Value : NHT Smart Electric Hoverboard
“LED Wheels, Eye Catching Design, Enjoyable Ride”
- Best for Beginners : XPRIT Hoverboard
“Impressive, UL2272 Certified, Best rated”
- Best for Adults and Kids : TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard
“Hypnotic LED Lights, Durability, Visuval Display”
- Best for Riders : Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1 Hoverboard
“Top Speed, Gear Stabilization, Suitable for Newcomers and Experienced Riders”
Best Bluetooth Hoverboards – A Brief Buyer’s Guide
Personal preference plays a role, as there are options available to suit all tastes and budgets. You can spend next to nothing on a decent lithium-ion hoverboard without necessarily compromising on quality. Alternatively, you can up the ante and invest in the kind of top-shelf hoverboard you’ll never tire of riding.
Detailed below, you’ll find an overview of five of the best Bluetooth hoverboard available online right now. Each of which ticks all the right boxes in terms of safety, performance, enjoyment, and value for money. Stick with one of the following two-wheel electric scooters, and you really cannot go wrong:
First up, the Swagtron T580 Hoverboard carries the kind of pedigree that speaks for itself. The Swagtron Hoverboard T580 is a top-quality self-balancing scooter with a Bluetooth speaker at a surprisingly low price. Easy to ride and suitable for the whole family, it weighs just 20lbs and can carry up to 220lbs.
The Swagtron T580 ‘Swagboard’ is also IPX4 rated for all-weather use, which is always a bonus. Cruise along at up to 7.5mph and enjoy a range of up to 8 miles from a single charge, accompanied by your favorite tunes.
Features and Benefits
- Features three switchable modes for kids, newcomers, and more experienced riders alike.
- Access a variety of useful functions via Bluetooth with the exclusive Swagtron mobile app.
- The twin 200W motors provide enough power to carry riders as heavy as 220lbs.
- Inclines of up to 30° are no problem for the Swagtron T580, which has a top speed of 7.5mph.
- Its water-resistant design and UL 2272 certification add up to a safe and reassuring ride.
- High-quality built-in Bluetooth speaker for added entertainment on the go.
Considering its price, you really couldn’t ask much more from the Swagtron T580. It’s a robust, reliable, and technologically sophisticated Bluetooth board, which sells for an astonishingly low price. It’s also perfect for the whole family, with three adjustable riding modes for kids and adults of all ages. In terms of value for money, a borderline unbeatable buy right now.
Read Full Review : Swagtron T580 Hoverboard Review
- High-quality Bluetooth speaker
- Maximum weight capacity of 220lbs
- IPX4 water-resistant design
- Safe and stable to ride
- Outstanding Bluetooth app
- Excellent overall value for money
- Limited to smooth and even surfaces
It’s hard not to be impressed with the NHT Electric Smart Hoverboard by way of looks alone. The NHT Hoverboard sports a unique and extraordinarily eye-catching design like no other scooter out there. The custom LED wheels are particularly spectacular – configurations you won’t see on any other electric self-balancing scooter.
Of course, it’s also UL 2272 certified and features the latest smart balancing technology for a smooth and enjoyable ride. The Bluetooth speaker is superb, the top speed of 10mph is surprisingly nippy, and its 250W motors pack a punch. Again, all for a price that seems almost too low for what’s up for grabs.
Features and Benefits
- A choice of unique and eye-catching designs unlike any other self-balancing scooter currently available.
- Premium quality rubber tires for enhanced traction and stability on a variety of surfaces.
- Outstanding visibility in darker conditions for a safer ride, courtesy of countless flashing LEDs across the board.
- There’s also a fantastic Bluetooth speaker built into the deck – limited to some variants of the NHT board only.
- Ten mph is a pretty decent top speed for any self-balancing scooter, making for an enjoyable and entertaining ride.
- By far one of the most visually stunning boards of its kind available – guaranteed to make you stand out from the crowd.
It’s a comprehensively reassuring and impressive picture with the NHT Electric Smart Hoverboard, with just one minor downside. That being – the manufacturer isn’t particularly forthcoming with a couple of key details. Charging times, maximum range, rider weight limit – not indicated clearly.
Still, the reviews speak for themselves, and the NHT Hoverboard is clearly a top performer in all important areas.
Read Full Review : NHT Electric Smart Hoverboard Review
- Simply spectacular looks
- Amazing unique LED configurations
- Very easy and stable to ride
- Excellent top speed of 10mph
- Suitable for adults and kids alike
- Great Bluetooth speaker built-in
- Solid overall value for money
- No information on the range
The XPRIT Hoverboard holds a reputation for being one of the best entry-level Bluetooth boards of its kind available. Cheap to buy, built to last, and a blast to ride, it’s suitable for kids as young as seven. It has a maximum speed of around six mph and can accommodate riders up to 165lbs in weight.
The in-built Bluetooth speaker is surprisingly good for such an affordable board, as is its build quality. There are six different color options to choose from, charging times average around 2 hours, and its 7-mile range is pretty impressive. All in all, it’s a budget board that gets the job done with no drama – ideal for kids.
Features and Benefits
- Charging times average around 2 hours, while a full charge is good for around 75mins of enjoyable riding.
- The XPRIT Hoverboard is fully UL 2272 safety certified for total peace of mind.
- An ideal hoverboard for kids and newcomers, with a minimum rider weight of 45lbs (max 165lbs).
- The maximum speed of 6mph is just about right for an enjoyable ride that’s also safe for younger riders.
- Choose from a variety of eye-catching designs with bright LEDs distributed around the board.
- The XPRIT Hoverboard also features an excellent Bluetooth speaker for added entertainment while riding.
If you’re looking for a safe and simple board for kids at an affordable price, this is it. The XPRIT Hoverboard is a fantastic entry-level option at an equally entry-level price. Durable, stable, and extensively safety tested, it’s also backed by an extensive warranty. It’s even suitable for adults – just as long as you don’t exceed its 165lbs weight limit!
Read Full Review : XPRIT Hoverboard Review
- An ideal entry-level board
- Suitable for kids as young as seven
- Surprisingly capable Bluetooth speaker
- Decent six mph top speed
- Battery life of up to 75 minutes
- Charges in just 2 hours
- Very impressive value for money
- Maximum weight limit of 165lbs
The TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard is more or less a mobile disco in its own right. One look at this electric hoverboard bursting with hypnotic LED lights, and you’re hooked. There’s really nothing subtle or understated about it – a board designed for the brave and bold!
But it’s not just a case of style without substance with the TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard. It’s also way more powerful and punchy than you’d expect for such a competitively priced board.
Combine a top speed of 12kmh with a range of 10km and a weight of just 17lbs, and you’re looking at something seriously special—all with the added reassurance of an extended warranty and TOMOLOO’s renowned aftersales support.
Features and Benefits
- The TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard boasts MSDS/UN38.3 and UL2271 safety certification for total peace of mind.
- Premium quality materials and components have been used inside and out for enhanced durability and reliability.
- Cruise along at an enjoyable 12kmh, with a maximum range of around 10km from each charge.
- Bluetooth 4.0 allows for maximum entertainment on the go, connecting quickly and easily to the high-quality Bluetooth speaker.
- The TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard weighs in at just 17lbs, making it easy to carry and transport.
- The unique music-responsive design results in a seriously impressive visual display with countless colorful LEDs.
- Suitable for adults and kids alike, with a maximum rider weight limit of 165lbs.
- All the pedigree you’d expect from one of the world’s biggest and best hoverboard brands with a stellar reputation.
The TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard was designed with kids in mind but is nonetheless suitable for the whole family. This makes it an absolute steal at its current price – well worth checking out while stocks last. Impressive to look at by day – just wait till you see how this thing looks in the dark!
Read Full Review : TOMOLOO Music-Rhytmed Hoverboard Review
- Unique music-responsive LEDs
- Incredibly eye-catching design
- Solid overall power and performance
- Suitable for kids and adults alike
- The maximum speed of 12kmh
- Top range of 10km per charge
- Backed by an extensive warranty
- Excellent overall value for money
- Maximum rider weight 165lbs
Last in our listings comes the Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1 Hoverboard, which is more of a ‘no nonsense’ board. Perfectly pairing style with substance, the Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1 is fast, powerful, and ideal for adults. It has a solid top speed of 8mph, a range of 12 miles, and full UL 2272 safety certification.
The two selectable riding modes make it a great choice for newcomers and more experienced riders alike. It may lack a Bluetooth speaker, but more than makes up for it in other areas. If you’re more about performance and practicality than music on the move, the Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1 takes some beating.
Features and Benefits
- The Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1 boasts an impressive maximum range of up to 12 miles from a single charge.
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise at up to 8mph – even when traversing rough and uneven surfaces.
- New features include LED headlights, battery indicators, rubber bumpers, and two riding modes.
- The maximum rider weight of 220lbs makes it the perfect choice for heavier adult riders.
- Remarkably, the battery can be charged from empty in as little as 1 hour – sometimes less.
- Upgraded 250 Watt motors and gear stabilization for tighter control and downhill traction.
- Fully safety tested and certified for total peace of mind – all backed by an extensive warranty.
Is Bluetooth connectivity missing from the equation? Yes. Does it really matter with a board like the Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1? No. The truth is, this is a scooter that prioritizes power and performance over superfluous extras.
If you can live without a Bluetooth speaker, you’ll find nothing better for this kind of cash. If Bluetooth connectivity is a deal-breaker, choose one of the four boards outlined above instead!
Read Full Review : Swagtron Swagboard Pro T1 Hoverboard Review
- Charges from flat in just 1 hour
- Excellent range of up to 12 miles
- Solid top speed of 8mph
- Multiple new features and functionalities
- Two selectable riding modes
- Maximum rider weight 220lbs
- Extensively safety tested
- Outstanding value for money
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our Guide page.
Bluetooth Hoverboard Buying Guide
Personal preference plays a primary role when choosing a Bluetooth hoverboard. What matters most to you might not be quite as important to someone else – and vice versa. Nevertheless, there are a few things that should be prioritized when shopping for any scooter with Bluetooth connectivity. To ensure your safety and enjoyment with every ride, you take, here’s what to focus on before buying:
The average tire size for a self-balancing scooter is 6.5-inches. This is the optimum size for riding on smooth and even surfaces but isn’t suitable for off-road riding. An all-terrain scooter will usually feature 8.5 inches or even 10.5-inch tires, designed with tougher terrain in mind.
Selectable riding modes are particularly advantageous where kids and newcomers are concerned. If getting to grips with self-balancing scooters for the first time, a ‘learning mode’ can be useful. Likewise, switchable modes are good for boards to be shared between multiple users of varying ages.
Riding modes can be selected and switched manually with the board’s buttons or via a connected mobile device.
Nothing matters more than safety, which is why UL 2272 certification must be prioritized. This indicates that the board has been verified as safe to charge and operate without catching fire or exploding. Under no circumstances is it worth taking chances with a board that is not UL 2272 safety certified. Unless it specifically states that it has UL 2272 certification, set your sights on something else.
Load Bearing Capacity
This refers to the maximum rider weight limit of the board, which is important to take into account. If buying a board exclusively for kids, a load-bearing capacity of 120lbs or 160lbs is probably enough. If it’s also to be used by heavier adult riders, look for something that can carry at least 260lbs.
In all instances, it’s advisable to avoid pushing a board to its limits. Allow at least a little breathing room where maximum weight capacity is concerned.
The importance of speed is entirely up to you to decide. Faster boards can be exciting but aren’t necessarily ideal for kids for newcomers. This is also where adjustable riding modes can be useful, enabling you to limit or increase the board’s maximum speed.
Low-cost boards typically have a top speed of around six mph – top-shelf boards can sometimes hit speeds of 12mph. Again, it’s entirely up to you to determine what kind of top speed is appropriate for you.
Not to be confused with speed, this indicates the pulling power and/or torque of the board. The more power under the hood, the better the board’s performance on a variety of surfaces. Plenty of power is also essential for dealing with inclines and for carrying heavier riders.
Almost all hoverboards feature a dual-motor design – total power varying from 200W to 900W or more. For obvious reasons, boards designed specifically for kids don’t need a huge amount of power under the hood.