One of my colleagues at work recently pointed me in the direction of a pretty impressive Banne Scooter. She knew I was on the lookout for a gift for my niece, and she also knew I was borderline obsessed with scooters for kids.
I don’t normally read too much into other people’s write-ups, but I couldn’t help but notice that almost every kid’s scooter review I came across was overwhelmingly positive. Plus, the fact that it had earned ‘Top Seller’ status on Amazon (at the time) spoke volumes for its popularity.
So, rather than borrowing or blagging one as I usually do, I placed an order for the Banne Scooter for my young niece. I was particularly won over by two things – the fact that it was so inexpensive, and the way in which it’s apparently great for kids all the way up to 13 years old.
She’s seven right now, so if she could get a full six years’ use out of it, this thing would be an absolute bargain. The question being – did this review came across paint an accurate picture of the product itself?
Does this height adjustable Scooter live up to the hype, or is it just too much to ask for such a low price? Read on for all the information you’ll need to decide whether or not to pick up a Banne 3 Wheel Scooter for yourself.
Banne Kick Scooter Contents:
- 1 Main unit (scooter)
- 1 User Manual
Features of the Banne Scooter
- Impressively engineered and manufactured from the highest quality materials, the board is made primarily of quality aluminum. According to the manufacturer, it’s therefore capable of carrying kids up to 132lbs in weight.
- The scooter is height adjustable and can be folded in half at the touch of a button, making it easy to store away and transport. It’s also very lightweight, so it’s easy to carry when out and about.
- The 120mm flashing PU wheels are solid and durable enough to deal with the roughest treatment, though nonetheless deliver a smooth and enjoyable ride. They’ve also been designed to minimise noise while in use, while putting on an impressive light show with a bunch of bright LEDs.
- As touched upon above, the handlebars can be adjusted from 24.7 inches right up to 35.3 inches. This would, therefore, make the Banne Kick Scooter suitable for younger riders and older kids alike, all the way up to 13 (as specified by the manufacturer).
- The safe and simplified steering system makes it easy for newcomers to scooter- riding to get to grips with turning. This thing has been designed not only for fun and games but to help those using it to improve their balance, coordination skills, and confidence.
- Every Banne Scooter is shipped with a full one-year warranty from the manufacturer, valid for a replacement to the scooter if anything happens during this time.
My Experience with the Banne Scooter for kids
As I’m (unfortunately) way over the 132lbs weight limit for this thing, I’m not in a position to ride it personally. At least, not without possibly breaking my neck in the process! Instead, therefore, I once again left it to my daughter to put it through its paces.
What I can say for sure, though, is that the Banne Scooter has been put together quite beautifully. The quality of the materials is clearly outstanding, it’s nowhere near as heavy as many other scooters in its class, and it folds away at the touch of a button.
There’s also very little assembly required out of the box, which is always a bonus. Watching my daughter fly around the park on this thing, it definitely delivers a smooth, safe, and comfortable ride. She also absolutely loved the LEDs, which looked particularly impressive when the sun started to set.
She’s played with a whole bunch of the scooters in the past (mostly at my request) and seemed to enjoy this as much as any. Given the price, I’d say the Banne Scooter represents pretty unbeatable value for money for younger kids.
That said, I’m not entirely sure I would recommend this kick scooter for older kids. Or for that matter, kids with oversized feet. While I’ve total confidence in the strength and durability of the scooter, the board itself (as in where you stand) really is quite tiny.
I’m not sure that by the age of 13 I’d have been able to fit a single foot on it, let alone two! Instead, the Banne 3 wheel Kick Scooters is designed to be safe, enjoyable, affordable, and durable for younger riders. And in all these areas, it really is about as good as it gets for this kind of money.
- Outstanding build quality
- Heavy-duty materials
- Fully adjustable handlebars
- Very smooth and quiet ride
- Loaded with bright LEDs
- Perfect for first-timers
- Unbeatable value for money
- Lightweight and portable
- Too small for older children
- Carry bag not included
To be frank, you have to dig pretty deep to come up with anything particularly negative to say about the Banne Scooter for kids. As mentioned above, I genuinely can’t see this thing being a viable scooter for older children. Something that has nothing to do its strength, durability or build quality, but is instead down to its compact size.
Nevertheless, the fact that it is compact and lightweight is one of its biggest points of appeal for me. All in all, you have to consider just how many toys you’re getting for your money. This thing is an absolute bargain at its current selling price and delivers way more than you’d expect.
As far as younger riders and scooter first-timers go, I really can’t think of a better buy on the market right now than this Kick Scooter. Let’s hope my niece feels the same way – she’ll be taking ownership of it next week!