Looking for a low-cost board that does the business for both kids and adults of all ages? Look no further than the gorgeously put together YHR hoverboard. Boasting one of the most impressive exterior designs of any board in its class, this is a device that does it all.
Or at least, so claims the manufacturer, but how does it stack up when put to the test? The spec-sheets is impressive and reassuring as, are most YHR hoverboard reviews doing the rounds. An array of LEDs for improved visibility, a built-in Bluetooth speaker, and dual-300W motors for a serious punch.
Not to mention, a top speed of 9mph and a range of up to 10 miles. Importantly, the manufacturer claims that along with kids, this thing can transport adults of up to 260lbs in weight. If so, it could well be the perfect family-friendly board at the ideal price. It’s also UL 2272 certified, so no worries in the safety department.
Let’s take a closer look at its points of appeal in my in-depth YHR hoverboard review.
YHR Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Features of YHR Hoverboard
1) In terms of performance, the board is powered by twin-300W motors, suitable for a top speed of up to 9mph.
2) Battery life is said to vary from 1 to 2 hours, allowing for a maximum range of 10 miles (depending on speed and rider weight).
3) UL 2272 certification indicates that the YHR self balancing scooter has been extensively safety tested and verified.
4) With a maximum rider weight of 260lbs, the YHR real hoverboard is capable of carrying kids and heavier adults alike.
5) The deck features a built-in Bluetooth speaker that connects with mobile devices for added entertainment on the go.
6) Everybody supplied complete with an extended warranty from the manufacturer, for total peace of mind.
7) Bright LEDs to all sides of the board make for a spectacular visual appearance and superb visibility in darker conditions.
8) Charging times from flat average around 3 to 4 hours, which is a little long.
My Experience with YHR Hoverboard
I must admit, I had relatively high expectations from this YHR deck. Predominantly as I liked its exterior styling, though also because it has earned extremely strong feedback online. It looked and felt the part right out of the box, with a decent amount of weight to it and a feeling of durability.
Three hours later, the battery was charged, and I was ready to go. First impressions – decent overall power and performance, though not quite as nippy as I had expected. 9mph is more than quick enough for an everyday ride, but the acceleration wasn’t exactly heart-stopping. Not that this is the end of the world – especially if planning on letting your kids loose on it.
Put to the test on all the usual surfaces around our neighborhood, no complaints from me. Concrete, compacted dirt, short grass, carpets indoors – all traversed with ease. It also handled a few moderate inclines, without a single shake or shudder. I calculated an average range of around 8 miles while conducting my tests, which again isn’t bad for a budget board.
I’m not a fan of Bluetooth speakers personally, but I have to admit this YHR Hoverboard one sounded great. Way louder than some, I’ve tested and with much more clarity when pushed to higher levels. Of course, you’ll get a better range out of it with the speaker turned off, but that’s by the by.
All in all, an experience I can only describe as satisfying and gratifying. Far from a white-knuckle roller-coaster ride, but genuinely enjoyable, nonetheless.
- Absolutely gorgeous exterior styling
- Quality materials and manufacturing
- Decent power and performance
- Very stable and easy to ride
- Sensible top speed of 9mph
- Maximum range of up to 10 miles
- Surprisingly good Bluetooth speaker
- UL 2272 safety certified
- Excellent overall value for money
- Suitable for kids and adults alike
- Charging time a little too long
Would I recommend the YHR Hoverboard to anyone on the lookout for a family-friendly hoverboard? The short answer is yes. At least, if sticking within this particular price bracket. In terms of power and performance, it’s right there in the mid-reaches.
Not too fast or twitchy to be hazardous for kids, but certainly not too slow as to become boring for adults. If you can see past the slightly excessive charging time of 3 to 4 hours, this thing covers all important bases. As both a toy and a reliable personal transporter, it’s more than up to the job.
And as mentioned on several occasions, it’s also one of the most fantastic-looking boards I’ve come across in some time. For anyone simply looking to minimize costs while still taking home a decent board for the whole family, the YHR scores top marks all around. (Aside from its charging time).
If you’re not convinced with this hoverboard for whatever reason, you may look into alternative possibilities at best hoverboard for adults.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.