What makes the Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard a long-term best-seller in its price bracket? That’s exactly what we’ll be investigating in this independent Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard review. Designed for kids aged seven and up, the Xprit SBW666 is tipped as the ultimate entry-level hoverboard.
At this juncture, it’s worth pointing out that I personally haven’t set foot on the SBW666 myself. With its maximum weight capacity of 75kg, I’d probably end up snapping it in two! Instead, I called on the services of my usual partner in crime – my hoverboard-obsessed daughter.
She’s just as keen as I am to put new gadgets through their paces – she’s also brutally honest. Normally, I don’t expect a great deal from a kid-focused board like the Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard. When manufacturers put out a kids’ board, they’re known for cutting quite a few corners.
Within the sub-$200 price bracket, in particular, there’s no shortage of duds out there. At the risk of jumping to the conclusion, the SBW666 is not one of them. If anything, it’s a major exception to the rule and a standout among comparable kids’ hoverboards.
Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard Contents
- Main unit (scooter)
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor
- User Manual
Features of the Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard
1) First up, the maximum weight capacity of the SBW666 is a relatively low 75kgs. Then again, it’s been designed primarily with kids in mind.
2) The board is decorated with a ton of super-bright LEDs that flash and flicker while riding. The deck features a high-quality Bluetooth speaker for added entertainment on the go.
3) Solid 6.5-inch rubber tires make for a safe and comfortable experience for most smooth surfaces. The manufacturer indicates a top range of 6.5km and an impressive 9.65kmh speed.
4) The Xpirit SBW666 is available in an extensive range of colors and designs for boys and girls of all ages. Charging times average around 2 to 3 hours, for approximately 60 minutes of riding time.
5) Premium quality materials inside and out ensure maximum safety and durability. The SBW666 has been designed to simplify the hoverboard learning process for kids and first-timers.
6) Every Xpirit hoverboard is extensive safety tested and fully UL2272 certified for peace of mind. All purchases are covered by an extensive warranty and the guarantee of high-quality aftercare.
My Experience with the Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard
As mentioned, I personally wasn’t willing to take my chances by stepping on the SBW666. I’m not too far over its 75kg capacity, but still – best not to push it to its limits! My daughter instead put it through its paces on my behalf and had nothing but positive feedback.
It was charged and ready to go in around 2 hours, after which we got around 5.5km out of it before it needed more juice. Watching her do her thing, it was the speed and responsiveness of the Xprit SBW666 Hoverboard that impressed me most. This really isn’t your slow, sluggish, and super-boring kids’ board that crawls along at a snail’s pace.
With a top speed of 9.65kmh, it’s actually faster than many comparable adult boards. If anything, you might say it’s a little too fast for some younger riders. I had no such concerns, of course, as my daughter has been riding these things for years. She was particularly impressed by the LEDs and the (very) loud Bluetooth speaker.
The fact that we were sent the pink board was also a bonus, but the other color options are just as eye-catching. Personally, I’d like to have seen at least a couple of switchable riding modes. But to be fair, that’s nit-picking in the extreme – everything else was very impressive indeed.
- Beautifully built for a kids’ board
- Impressive 9.65kmh top speed
- Decent range of approximately 6.5km
- Premium quality Bluetooth speaker
- Charges in as little as 2 hours
- An excellent choice for kids
- Designed to simplify the learning process
- Extensively safety tested
- Very good overall value for money
- Limited weight capacity of 75kg
The Xprit SBW666 Self Balancing Scooter illustrates how you don’t have to cut corners on quality when buying a kids’ hoverboard. Inside and out, it’s has been designed and manufactured to the highest quality standards. It’s not the cheapest kids’ scooter on the market, but you definitely get what you pay for.
That said, it’s not going to fit the bill if looking for a board the whole family can ride. With a maximum weight capacity of 75kg, it really is limited to kids only.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.