Quality materials, exceptional engineering and all-round performance you can count on. Precisely what you’d expect from a premium self balancing scooter at an equally premium price. But here’s the thing – the VEVELINE Hoverboard is one of the cheapest boards you can pick up right now with these kinds of specifications.
This is another one of those ‘almost too good to be true’ transporters, which deliver high-end performance at a rock-bottom price. Taking the classic 6.5-inch electric scooter design a step further, the VEVELINE Hoverboard is absolutely sensational to look at. Meticulous attention to detail combines with the clever distribution of LEDs to create a seriously eye-popping effect.
Not to mention, those absolutely gorgeous wheels that burst into life when the scooter is in motion. In this VEVELINE Hoverboard review, I’ll be attempting to determine whether this really is just about as good as it gets for $150 or less. Customer feedback would seem to suggest that it is, but let’s take a closer look at the most important benefits and features of this seriously pretty piece of engineering.
Hoverboard Box Content
- 1 Main unit (scooter).
- 1 Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- 1 User Manual.
Features of the VEVELINE 6.5 inch Hoverboard
- As mentioned above, this hoverboard is available in an extensive variety of incredibly creative and eye-catching colour combinations. The Metallic and Rainbow designs, in particular, are no less than stunning.
- The two premium-quality 6.5-inch vacuum rubber tires are designed to provide a smooth and enjoyable ride on most smooth and semi-smooth surfaces. They’re also 100% explosion-proof for maximum peace of mind.
- Charging times for this self balancing scooter average around 2 to 3 hours, after which it’s good for a decent range of approximately 7.5 miles. During which time, riders can expect a maximum speed of 9mph and a cruising speed closer to 7.5mph.
- The VEVELINE 6.5 inch self balancing scooter features an impressive quick-learning system and the latest self balancing technology. This makes it a particularly easy board to mount and dismount – ideal for kids and anyone who lacks riding experience.
- Under the hood, a pair of 300W motors deliver the kind of raw power needed to carry riders up to 260lbs in weight.
- This is a UL2272 certified hoverboard and a variety of additional safety features make this VEVELINE board one of the safest and most reliable in its class.
- Shipped complete with a convenient carrying bag, the VEVELINE self-balancing scooter is also covered by a three-month warranty from the manufacturer. During this time, the board can be returned for a full refund in the event of any issues, or if the buyer is simply dissatisfied with the quality and performance of the device.
With its simply stunning looks, you immediately get the sense that the VEVELINE 6.5″ hoverboard is more of a toy than a serious scooter. After all, huge time and effort have clearly been invested in its outer design – could it be a case of all style, no substance?
In a word, no. And not even close – the VEVELINE self balancing scooter is an all-round powerhouse that means business. The manufacturer talks of intuitive stabilisation technology – the purpose of which becomes evident when you step on the board. There really can’t be many scooters out there that are as easy to mount or dismount as this.
I’m no newcomer to hoverboard riding, but I guarantee first-timers would have no problem getting started with this thing. Set the board in motion, and the huge power delivered by those twin-300W motors becomes immediately apparent. This budget board is able to carry riders up to a maximum weight of 260lbs, making it one of the most capable in its category.
The official top speed is set at 9mph, which equates to a cruising speed closer to 8mph or so on average. This might not sound like a lot, but you need to factor in the amazing pulling power of the VEVELINE 6.5 inch hoverboard. Even with heavier riders and when faced with steeper hills, it gets the job done with ease.
They’ve really gone to town with the flashing LED lights, making for one of the most eye-catching spectacles you’ll ever see. There’s also a pretty decent Bluetooth speaker built into the board, though it’s not something I typically use mostly for the sake of my neighbors. It takes about two and a half hours to charge this scooter, which is a relatively weighty board but not uncomfortable or inconvenient to carry.
The only slight downside to the whole thing being a lack of waterproofing, though this is to be expected from a low-cost board for less than $150. In terms of overall value for money, the general performance and capabilities of the VEVELINE Hoverboard came as a very pleasant surprise.
- One of the most stunning scooters out there
- Available in a huge range of creative designs
- Carries riders up to 260lbs in weight
- Decent top speed and range
- Quality materials and meticulous manufacturing
- Comes complete with convenient carry bag
- Extensively safety tested for peace of mind
- Great on most everyday surfaces and moderate inclines
- Simply outstanding value for money
- Possibly a little heavy for some to carry around
- Not fully waterproof so unsuitable for wet weather
VEVELINE Hoverboard – Conclusion
This self balancing hoverboards is one of the hundreds, maybe even thousands of boards populating the sub-$150 price bracket. The difference being that the VEVELINE 6.5 inch Self Balancing Scooter excels in almost every area you’d expect a budget board to disappoint.
There’s an enormous amount of power under the hood, the performance of the board in motion is exceptional, and its exterior design is as good as it gets. What’s more, this ultra-affordable board is ideal for kids and adults up to a maximum weight of 260lbs.
The true definition of an all-round performer for the whole family. The fact that it’s up for grabs for such a low price really is the icing on the cake – it would still represent excellent value for money at twice the price!