What sets the VEEKO LH-C hoverboard apart from most self-balancing scooters within the same price bracket is its all-round versatility. A well-presented hoverboard and a consistently popular model on significant eCommerce sites like Amazon, this Bluetooth enabled hoverboard represents outstanding value for money.
In most instances, spending $200 or less on a self-balancing scooter means denying yourself certain perks and privileges. Admittedly, a scooter that costs $200 isn’t going to deliver the same epic power and performance as a $500 Segway.
But, in the case of the VEEKO LH-C, its a different story. With this hoverboard, you will know how far $200 will get you these days.
Great to look at, surprisingly speedy and capable of carrying kids and adults of all ages, it’s hard not to be impressed by what this budget hoverboard brings to the table.
Especially when you consider the fact that it is also IP54 rated waterproof, there is a huge selling point that many more expensive boards lack. Check out the rest of my review for all the info you’ll need on this hoverboard.
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- User Manual.
VEEKO LH-C Hoverboard Features
1) First and foremost, the VEEKO LH-C 6.5 inch self balancing scooter comes with full UL2272 certification, meaning it’s as good any out there when it comes to battery safety. This certification, in turn, means total peace of mind for you and your family – demand nothing less with any board you buy!
2) With the top speed of 10mph and a cruising speed of 6mph, it races past many of its rivals quickly. What’s more, there’s also an audible alarm that sounds when the board comes close to its top speed, to tell you to perhaps slow things down a little.
3) Powered by two high-end 350-watt motors, this Veeko hoverboard doesn’t feel or perform like a cheap board. It does the business on inclines of up to 15 degrees, without even breaking a sweat!
4) This self-balancing scooter also impresses when it comes to its range, which can be as high as 9 miles given ideal conditions. Speaking of which, it performs like a dream of a smooth surface, though isn’t really up to a great deal off-road.
5) A full charge takes between 2 and 3 hours, meaning there’s never a long wait before heading out and about once again. The non-slip tires with certified alloy two wheels make for a comfortable ride in all conditions.
6) This Veeko hoverboard earns vast kudos for being IP54 rated waterproof scooter, which means you can use it in all weathers and conditions – precisely where many of its rivals for three-times the price lose their luster.
7) Along with being available in a variety of colors, this two-wheel electric scooter also boasts super-bright LED lights, for that added touch of safety when riding at night.
My Experience With VEEKO LH-C Hoverboard
The truth is, I never expect too much from a $200 board. But I was willing to keep my mind open with the VEEKO LH-C Hoverboard. Not that I needed to – it pretty much blew my mind from start to finish!
Let’s get this straight right now, before going any further. This electric scooter isn’t the fastest, the most powerful, the most versatile, or even the best-looking board. But for this kind of price, I challenge you to do any better.
First of all, it took my 200lbs weight like it was nothing. On standard surfaces, it delivers the kind of smoothness and responsiveness you’d expect from a hoverboard at least twice the price. This electric scooter is also built to cope with everyday inclines with ease – just as long as things don’t get too steep.
The speed isn’t exactly insane, but it’s more than quick enough to get you around. Also, I thought I’d give it a try in the rain and see how it performed. Braving the deluge, what impressed me more than the fact that it worked was how much grip those tires delivered when it mattered most.
I wouldn’t advise flying around the place like a maniac when it’s wet but keep things sensible, and this thing doesn’t know how to let you down on the damp ground. In the sales spiel, they talk of the VEEKO LH-C being a dab-hand in dealing with grass, mud, and even sand.
I can confirm the first of these, though, but I didn’t think it’d stand a chance of getting me across loose sand or soft mud. So I didn’t bother trying and nor would I advise anyone else to! Still, given that it’s a board primarily designed for smoother surfaces, I can’t highlight this as a downside.
- Way more power and performance than you’d expect for the price
- A great looking board with plenty of safety features
- Decent range on ideal surfaces and great in the wet
- Fully waterproof
- Highly durable design with an extensive warranty
- Hard to beat for around $200
- Not a great many features beyond the basics
- Perhaps not as capable off-road as it might be
- Top speed and range not the best
To be honest, if you told me the VEEKO LH-C is just around $300, I’d still be impressed. And I’d still recommend it to just about anyone.
The simple fact of the matter is that if you’re looking for something safe, simple, and reliable, look no further. The VEEKO LH-C hoverboard isn’t designed to break any land-speed records or pack its supercomputer.
Instead, it’s build will let you get around with ease and make every journey a ton of fun. It does both of these things in spades, to such an extent that it stands shoulder-to-shoulder with a fair few boards for twice the price.
The only slight criticism of this hoverboard is that it lacks a beginner setting, so it can’t feel a bit wobbly during the beginning of a journey. Well, for about 15 minutes at the most, after which it feels like you’ve been riding the thing for years!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.