I’m a big fan of this particular VEEKO Hoverboard for one major reason. That being, you don’t normally expect a range of around 12 miles with a self-balancing scooter for this kind of price. This immediately propels the VEEKO into a category of hoverboards that can easily be used by adults to take care of everyday commutes and more important journeys.
Again, very impressive considering its current purchase price of less than $200. Of course, it also represents an outstanding toy for kids of all ages. UL2272 certified and packed with the latest self-balancing technology. It does the business for younger riders and more experienced adults alike.
The outer shell is available in a variety of colors, and there’s a bunch of super-bright LEDs to the front to improve visibility. If anything, you’ll find that the one criticism in the average VEEKO Hoverboard review concerns its top speed. But while it may not be the fastest board on the market, it more than makes up for its lack of speed in other areas. Let’s take a closer look at this top-selling board and its biggest benefits.
VEEKO Hoverboard Package Contents
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- User Manual.
VEEKO Hoverboard Features
1) First up, VEEKO is a name that’s known to take things seriously when it comes to safety. As such, it’s no big shock (no pun intended!) that this VEEKO has earned full UL 2272/2271 certification. So as far as battery safety goes, it doesn’t get much safer than this.
2) Weighing in at 22lbs, the VEEKO board is somewhere in the middle when it comes to portability. Not the heaviest, but also not the lightest you’ll find.
3) Boasting powerful dual-250W motors under the hood, the VEEKO is capable of shifting bodies of up to 225lbs with ease. Most advertise limits of 220lbs, so the extra 5lbs in this instance doesn’t add up to much…other than savvy marketing!
4) Battery charging times are advertised as 2-3 hours, which is about standard and nothing to be ashamed of. As for the range the battery allows, the VEEKO board can apparently go for up to 12 miles from a single charge.
5) If you’re looking for something speedy well, let’s just say the 6mph cruising speed of the VEEKO board isn’t going to blow you away. That said, it has the power to deal with inclines of up to 15-degrees, making it great for commuting and casual journeys in general.
6) Bright LED lights make the VEEKO board great for use in darker conditions, while the durable 6.5-inch solid tires are great for dealing with most standard surfaces.
7) Last up, the inclusion of an auto-shutoff feature is a nice touch. This way, if you don’t use your VEEKO board for 10 minutes, it powers down so as to preserve battery life. Simple but really effective.
My Experience with VEEKO Hoverboard
Like I said before, I figured I already knew exactly what I was going to get from my time with this VEEKO hoverboard. And for the most part, I wasn’t wrong – it performed as expected from top to bottom. For a change, I’m going to kick things off with the negatives. As I always say, paying less than $200 for a branded board will always mean a compromise in some areas.
With the VEEKO, these came in the form of the top speed, which is a bit too low at 6mph, the fact that there’s no Bluetooth speaker in there and what I found to be a slightly limited range. Now, all that stuff’s out of the way; I can focus on the bigger list of things I did like about this board. For one thing, it’s got the looks and the build quality of a board that should cost way more than this.
Great For Kids, Decent for Grown-Ups
You can tell by the feel of the materials and its weight that they haven’t messed around with this thing. If I’m honest, I’m sometimes a little nervous about piling my full 200lbs on board at this price tag. But I can honestly say the VEEKO board took my weight with ease – far too many sub-$200 boards give you the impression they’re going to snap any second!
The top speed of 6mph might not be huge, but this board more than makes up for its lack of speed and power. Again, I found that it handled with the kind of responsiveness and agility I’d never have expected. It’s like it forgot how much I weighed and pretended I was a kid – all good in my books!
Speaking of which, my kids put the VEEKO scooter through its paces too and had an absolute blast. It’s perhaps a tiny bit wobbly while you get used to it, but not to such an extent that I wouldn’t recommend it for newcomers.
Range came in at around the 10-mile mark, which isn’t too impressive but is still good enough. And while it is designed mostly for a smooth surface, it did the job perfectly well when put to the test on grass and hard dirt.
- Looks good out of the box
- Solid construction and battery safety certified
- Feels reassuringly powerful when in use
- Decent charging time and auto shutoff is useful
- Very affordable as a first scooter
- The top speed of 6mph feels a little slow and sluggish
- Range could stand to be improved
- No Bluetooth speaker
- Not waterproof
Was I completely blown away by the VEEKO Self Balancing Scooter Review? No. Did I expect to be? Of course not – we’re talking a budget-friendly entry-level board, after all! But what I can say is that for what it is, this two-wheel hoverboard is an impressive piece of kit.
Powerful, reliable, and so much fun to ride, with all the safety and durability you’d expect from a more premium product. For a newcomer to hoverboards or a kid looking for an upgrade, you could be a winner here.
The same also goes for adults looking for something that keeps it simple, yet effective. It’s not going to be for everyone, but if you can handle the 6mph top speed and lack of Bluetooth speaker, etc., it’s a great buy for its sub-$200 prices.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.