The other day, I came across a caption on social media that said, don’t judge a book by its name. This particular caption caught my attention, and I immediately related it with one of the hoverboards that I had been postponing to review until now. As funny as it may sound (yeah, I thought so in the beginning), the Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard has completely taken me head over heels!
Note: Tomoloo is a well-renowned brand in the world of hoverboard balance scooters with UL certification.
With no fancy name or look, this hoverboard will not catch a lot of attention (if that’s what you are looking for), but it gives you the ultimate feel of riding a self-balancing scooter for sure. If you know me (which you should by now), then you would know that I am the kind of person who equates all the features of a hoverboard before I pen down by review on it.
I have tried and tested this hands-free scooter both on-road and off-road for a couple of days now, and I was surprised to see how well it managed to roll on the off-road terrain. This tech beauty is built to travel on all terrains. Read on to find my in-depth review of this hoverboard.
Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard Package Contents
- Main unit (Hoverboard)
- A hoverboard carrying bag
- One Lithium-ion battery (Ul2272 certified)
- User manual
Features of Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard
1) I know that you can read the specifications of this self-balancing scooter in detail from Amazon. Therefore I will not bore you with the technicalities. Instead, let me show you the features which make this particular hoverboard stand apart from the rest.
2) The most significant point of appeal is that the Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard is an all-terrain hands-free scooter that runs seamlessly, whether indoors or outdoors. It is equipped with 8.5-inch rubber tires, which roll smoothly both on-road as well as off-road.
3) Tomoloo makes some of the most durable and sturdy built hoverboards, and this one is no exception either. This self-balancing scooter is manufactured from premium quality materials with meticulous attention to detail to provide you with a comfortable ride.
4) Equipped with LED lights and Bluetooth, this hoverboard is built for music lovers and heavier adults. Along with illuminating the path ahead with the LEDs, the built-in speakers play your favorite songs, which you can control with your smartphone while on the go.
5) The Tomoloo V1 Self Balancing Scooter comes with a UL-certified Lithium-ion battery, which is capable of running for 8.7 miles at a top speed of over 9.3 MPH. With the 700 watt motors, this scooter can also ride seamlessly on an incline of around 15 to 20 degrees.
6) Along with the self-test function, this hoverboard also comes with 3-speed modes and can be easily controlled with the app. You can set a limit of the maximum speed with the app, and this will also enable the alarm if it exceeds the max speed limit.
Health Benefits of Riding a Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard
I have been riding hoverboards for quite a significant amount of time now. Based on my experience, I can confidently state that this piece of tech beauty (some and not all) does have a couple of health benefits.
I agree that people have their own beliefs (misnomer at times) regarding riding a self-balancing scooter. Still, contrary to those, these are the two significant health benefits that I enjoyed during my ride:
1) Burns fat:
This might be a surprise to many (it was to me initially), but the truth is that it does help to burn out your love handles! You obviously cannot and should not compare it with the health benefits of running a mile. The reading on my Apple watch showed this hands-free scooter burnt 300 calories in a half-hour ride!
2) Improved my concentration:
This hoverboard can travel as fast as 9.3 MPH, even on an inclined terrain at 15 to 20 degrees. Although that might seem too less, riding a self-balancing scooter at that speed does require you to concentrate more.
This Tomoloo V1 8.5 Inch Off Road Hover Board has immensely enhanced my level of concentration. You need to concentrate and balance while riding it, lest you want to bump into someone!
My Experience with Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard
Among all the hoverboards that I have tested and reviewed so far, I must say that the Tomoloo V1 has surpassed my expectations. Especially on the grounds of unevenness and bumps, this self-balancing scooter stands a class apart. With the 8.5 inch durable tires, this is built to survive in all terrains.
With a minimalistic design, this hands-free scooter gave me the feel of genuineness and premium quality workmanship right out of the box. Controlling its speed with the app was seamless, and the alarm did start beeping when it crossed the speed limit while on a downhill slope. If you’re looking for a high-quality hoverboard, this Tomoloo V1 hoverboard is an excellent choice and considered one of the best adult hoverboards.
The company claims that this hoverboard is waterproof, but from my experience, I would say that to be specific, this hoverboard is splash-proof rather than waterproof. It can prevent minor water splashes during your ride, but you should not ride it in water.
The built-in speaker, which is equipped with Bluetooth, is adequately loud and almost on par with the Bluetooth speakers of the other hoverboards in this price range. The footboard is comfortable and spacious enough to accommodate your feet, and the LEDs look bright in the dark.
If you are someone who cares more about the comfort and feel rather than an eye-catching look, then I would recommend you to get on board with this hoverboard. Weighing the pros with the cons of this self-balancing scooter is imperative before you go ahead to purchase it.
- Bright LED lights
- Sturdy built quality
- 8.5-inch tires for a better ride
- All-terrain compatible
- In-built Bluetooth speakers
- Splash-proof and not waterproof
When it comes to select the all-terrain rider among the plethora of hoverboards available in the market, I will keep the Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard at the top of my list. This premium quality self-balancing scooter is built for durability and comfort while not being particularly attractive to look at.
Whether it is grass, gravel, or sand, this hands-free electric scooter will make your ride exceptionally smooth and enjoyable. In comparison with some of the other mesmerizingly attractive hoverboards that I have reviewed earlier, this one takes a back seat.
Tomoloo has not worked much on the design and outer appearance of this hoverboard. This scooter has a minimalistic design, which, although, doesn’t look fancy yet gives an aesthetical feel. The app can control the LED lights, Bluetooth connectivity, speakers, and speed, and they all work without a glitch.
If you are looking for a specific hoverboard that is comfortable to ride on both on-road as well as off-road, then the Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard should be your go-to option. The 8.5-inch tires are specifically designed for unsurpassed performance on every terrain. Ride the environment-friendly hoverboard and make Captain Planet proud of you!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.