In the world of hoverboards, megastars are made, not born. Such is the case with the Swagboard Twist hoverboard. It has become the megastar among the hoverboard aficionados. Remember my previous review on the Swagtron T881 hoverboard? Well, this beautiful piece of engineering is its sibling, only better!
There is a constant battle among the plethora of self-balancing scooters out there. There is competition among different brands and even among the higher and lower models in the same brand. After reviewing a multitude of hoverboards for a significant amount of time now, I can say with conviction that not all hoverboards live up to its name (read – claim).
The Swagboard Twist Lithium-Free Kids Hoverboard (Model No. – T882), is the next product from the well-renowned company Swagtron. This board did have a lot of pressure to prove itself worthy of its family name and fame. No wonder I took it up for my next review. Read on to find out the answer in my Swagboard HERO Hoverboard review.
Swagtron T882 Hoverboard Package Contents
- 1 Main Unit
- 1 Lithium-ion Battery (UL – Certified)
- 1 Charging Cable
- 1 Instruction Manual
Swagtron T882 Hoverboard Features
1) Swagtron keeps the safety of its rider at the top of their priority list. This board comes equipped with one Lithium-ion battery, which is UL certified. The battery has enough juice to make the hoverboard run for a decent amount of time upon one single full charge. The company also incorporated its patented SentryShield Quantum technology for added battery protection. With the UL certification and the new Quantum technology, riders will have their peace of mind.
2) The built quality of this self-balancing scooter is top-notch. It weighs 22 pounds and is manufactured from premium quality material, which makes this board highly durable.
3) The Swagtron T882 boasts of running on the latest startup wheel balancing technology. This state-of-the-art technology is crucially significant to make mounting and dismounting the board, both safe and secure.
4) This hoverboard can carry a maximum load of 155 lb and run at a maximum speed of 7 miles per hour. Although this isn’t the fastest board available in the market, this is a hoverboard that guarantees consistent, powerful performance all throughout its lifetime. The Swagboard Twist Remix is the hoverboard on which you can rely on.
5) This T882 hoverboard has been crafted with strong ABS polymer, which fulfills UL2272 standards to provide durability and safety to the riders. This protects the board from overheating, drops, or crashes.
6) Under the hood, this self-balancing scooter is powered by a pair of twin 250W motors, which are more than capable of giving you a powerful joyride. Whether you are planning to conquer stubborn slopes or glide through the streets, the Swagboard Twist Remix hoverboard will help you accomplish both. With a turning radius of 0degrees, this board has a maximum incline angle of 30degrees.
Health Benefits of Riding a Swagtron T882 Hoverboard
In contrary to the universal skepticism, the hoverboards nowadays have become a lot safer. Riding a hoverboard comes with a couple of health benefits, which I have personally experienced although care should be taken to ride these boards properly, to reap the most benefits out of it.
Pro tip: Always stand-up erect while riding a hoverboard, keeping your spine straight, use protective gear and refrain from using your smartphone.
1) Improves Concentration:
While riding your hoverboard at about 9 to miles per hour, it requires you to be entirely focused on the road, lest you wish to bump and hurt yourself. The Swagtron hero hoverboard is capable of running fast enough even on an inclined terrain at 30degrees.
2) Saves the Environment:
Ride your self-balancing scooter with pride because the battery-operated (UL – certified) boards do not cause air pollution. The patented SentryShield Quantum technology of Swagtron not only provides extra battery protection but also gives you a pollution-free ride. Therefore, the health benefits of riding a hands-free scooter are no longer limited to the rider, but it also helps to keep your environment clean and healthy.
My Experience with Swagtron T882 Hoverboard
The Swagtron brand has made it a point to surpass their customers’ expectations each time they come up with a new hoverboard. Apart from the visual appeal (which of course looks stunning), this Swagtron T882 Hoverboard has a lot to offer. The impeccable built quality of this board gives you the ultimate feel of riding a premium self-balancing scooter.
The weight of this hoverboard (22 pounds) is neither too light nor too heavy. It somehow just feels like it weighs precisely how it should be. From its minimalistic yet elegant appearance to the performance and battery power, everything in this hoverboard fits in perfectly. The robust ABS polymer, from which this hoverboard is built, provides high durability and safety to the riders.
This makes the hands-free electric scooter resistant to drops, crashes, and overheating. This magnificent tech beauty has a pair of dual 250W motor, which produces enough power to give a smooth, joyful ride. I found that the startup self-balancing technology used in this hoverboard did make stepping on and off the board feel like a cakewalk.
- Robust build quality
- ABS polymer material for high durability
- Battery life protection – SentryShield Quantum technology
- Startup self-balancing technology – ideal for kids and beginners
- Twin 250W motors – dual power
- Perfect for kids and teens
- Ultra-responsive controls
- It will take 5.5 hours to charge the hoverboard
- Not the fastest hoverboard
Given the plethora of hoverboards that have flooded the market right, only a few of them have the potential to stand out. Based on my Swagboard T882 Self Balancing Scooter review, I can say with full conviction that this hoverboard has definitely lived up to its name.
Well, it is true that this is not the fastest or the loudest self-balancing scooter in town, but it will definitely give you the bang for your buck! The minimalistic appearance of this board caught my attention right at the moment when I was unboxing it. With no fancy decals or unnecessary lights, this hoverboard certainly looks a class apart.
Although the company has humbly claimed only one USP (startup auto-balance technology) of this hoverboard, I believe, as an honest reviewer, this board has got two USPs. They are the startup self-balancing technology and SentryShield Quantum technology. Both of these deserve to be mentioned separately.
The Swagtron Twist T882 hoverboard does provide the best-in-class experience, but there are two areas on which I feel that it can still improve. They are its long charging time and the top speed of this hoverboard. Don’t get me wrong, as I am not complaining here. Nevertheless, for the price of this self-balancing scooter, rest assured to get a lot more than what you pay.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.