Not every self-balancing scooter on the market lives up to its name. In fact, quite a few popular models aren’t nearly as stable or sturdy as they claim to be. In the case of this particular Swagtron T881 Hoverboard UL2272, you’re looking at a notable and welcome exception to the rule.
Manufactured by one of the most reliable and reputable names in the business, the Swagtron t881 hoverboard remains a cut above the competition in almost every way. Precisely why it’s rare to come across a single Swagboard twist t881 review that doesn’t sing the praises of this impressive device.
Having recently undergone a series of heavy price cuts, this self-balancing scooter represents better value today than it ever has. Marketed as the ideal piece of kit for adults and children.
Particularly impressive where inclines and rough surfaces are concerned, the Swagtron t881 delivers the goods with consistent reliability. Best of all, it’s been designed to make it as quick and easy as possible for experienced riders and newcomers alike to hop on and cruise around in style.
Throughout the rest of this Swagtron Swagboard twist review, we’ll be taking a look at some of the features that make this scooter a continuous top-seller with major retailers worldwide. If you’re on the market for a solid scooter at an incredibly affordable price, then this is well worth checking out.
- 1 Main unit (scooter).
- 1 Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- 1 User Manual.
Features of the Swagtron T881 Hoverboard
- One of the biggest selling points of this particular Swagtron Swagboard is its startup wheel balancing technology, which makes it significantly easier to mount and dismount the board for adults and kids alike. Perfect for newcomers and those with little riding experience.
- Under the hood, this hoverboard boasts dual 250W hub motors for immense power and performance. It has a pretty huge maximum rider capacity of up to 250lbs, which is significantly more than most comparable boards are capable of handling.
- In terms of safety, the Swagtron uses a lithium-free battery for enhanced fire safety. The battery life itself is decent enough, though the charging time comes in at a somewhat lengthy 5 hours or so.
- This Swagtron twist hoverboard isn’t designed to be the fastest board of its kind on the market, but rather a scooter you can count on to deliver consistent performance on all surfaces. The maximum speed you can expect is around 7mph, with a maximum range somewhere in the region of 5 miles. More than enough when you consider the capacity of the hoverboard to handle heavier adults.
- It’s hard to deny the visual appeal of the hoverboard. Along with shipping in a variety of colours, this gorgeous boasts ultra-bright LEDs to keep things moving during the darkest hours of the night.
- Helpful battery and system indicators make it quick and easy to keep an eye on battery levels and general diagnostics while out and about. If heading far away from home, the Swagtron Swagboard is far from the heaviest board of its kind and comes with a convenient carry-bag for simple transportation.
- Capable of dealing with inclines as steep as 30 degrees, this self-balancing packs the kind of power and punch that go far beyond comparable boards within the same price range.
My Experience With Swagtron T881 Hoverboard
You begin to understand why it has such an established reputation the moment you unbox the board. The visual appeal of this particular Swagtron Twist t881 Lithium-Free UL2272 is enormous, which is also weighty enough to suggest impeccable build quality without being too heavy or inconvenient.
Give it a good five hours or so to fully charge, and you’re ready to go. That might seem like a long time, but it’s worth considering the enormous power and versatility of the Swagtron Swagboard twist self-balancing scooter.
I had a couple of friends, and family members put it through its paces while carrying out my review, and its capacity to deal with heavier riders is incredible. Even when you’re talking close to 250lbs, it still does the business like you wouldn’t believe.
As for the kids in the family, they all found it really easy to get to grips with the Swagtron Swagboard. It’s got the kind of self-balancing technology that makes it a walk in the park to mount and dismount, while the 7 miles per hour (ish) top speed was just fine. It’s far from the fastest board on the market, but what it lacks in terms of speed it more than makes up for with its consistent power and performance.
I’m not usually one for using boards like these at night, but the LEDs fitted to this self-balancing scooter are significantly brighter than most I’ve come across. I’m not sure I’d recommend using any board in busy places at night, but this takes safety and visibility to the next level.
Rounding off, I was also very impressed by the performance of this hoverboard when riding up and down relatively steep hills. No stuttering or slowing to a crawl – very strong and consistent performance.
- Robust manufacturing quality and built to last
- Powerful LED lights built into the board
- Can carry riders up to 250lbs – ideal for kids and adults
- Advanced stabilization technology for easy riding
- Great for beginners and experienced riders alike
- Capable of climbing hills up to 30-degrees max
- An affordable board at a fantastic price
- Five-mile top range a little restrictive
- Maximum speed not the fastest in its class
- Not to be used in wet weather (not waterproof)
In a nutshell, there are only two things about the Swagtron twist t881 that could stand to be improved – its top speed and range. However, it’s worth remembering that it was never meant to be the fastest or longest-range scooter out there.
Instead, the Swagtron t881 hoverboard is all about the kind of consistent power and performance you won’t find from any other scooter within the same price bracket. Particularly when it comes to heavier riders, steep inclines, and challenging surfaces, you can’t help but be impressed by the way the hoverboard gets the job done.
Immensely powerful and an absolute joy to ride, the Swagtron twist t881 self balancing scooter really is the perfect choice for adults and kids of all ages. Particularly when considering the significant price-cuts, it has undergone over recent months.