After reviewing tens of hoverboards, I have tended to become a little finicky before choosing the next one for review. My expectations have begun surging from these tech beauties, as one seems to be better than the other. Remember the off-road Tomoloo V1 Hoverboard? Well, this time, I have its competitor, the monstrous (more of a beauty than a monster though) Swagtron T380 Hoverboard.
With the plethora of hoverboards flooding the market from various companies, it does get very frustrating at times to separate and aggregate their features. Almost all of them come with the same specifications, thus, making it even more difficult to differentiate. But I am glad to say that the Swagtron Elite hoverboard did make my job a little easier.
When it comes to self-balancing scooters, there are three main components on which I generally give my ratings and reviews. They are safety, comfort, and fun factor. This Swagtron T380 has scored decently high on each of those factors (no wonder why I picked this up for my next review).
The manufacturer claims that this hands-free scooter has been rigorously tested and has passed successfully in all those tests. Well, on paper, its specifications looked very attractive, but how did it actually perform while on the ride is revealed in the article below. Read on to find out.
Swagtron T380 Hoverboard Package Contents
- 1 main unit (the hoverboard, of course!)
- 1 charging cable
- 1 Lithium-ion battery (UL – certified)
- 1 instruction guide
Swagtron T380 Hoverboard Features
1) This latest self-balancing scooter from Swagtron is equipped with state-of-the-art self- balancing technology that aids in staying on a level platform while riding. It has the capacity to carry riders up to a maximum of 220 pounds in weight.
2) Under the hood, the Swagtron Swagboard Elite Hoverboard is powered by an upgraded 250W motor that comes with gear stabilization to ensure tighter traction. The juice to this motor is supplied by one premium quality, Lithium-ion battery (with UL2272 certification), which not only provides better charging but also enhances its performance.
3) The Swagtron T380 features indicator lights on three sides of this self-balancing scooter – On the front, back, and also at the center of this board.
4) The in-built Bluetooth speakers pair up with your smartphone and fire decently loud and clear sound while you roll with your board in your neighborhood.
5) Another eye-catching feature of this hoverboard is that it comes with a built-in carrying strap. You wouldn’t need to carry your board in a bag. With this carrying strap, you can take it anywhere you want in ease (although a carrying bag would have allowed your hands to go free).
6) The manufacturer claims that it is the most robust self-balancing scooter out there because it has surpassed rigorous electrical safety tests.
Health Benefits of Riding the Swagtron T380 Hoverboard
Trust me on this (I speak from my experience) – Hoverboards do provide a couple of health benefits if one rides it in the right manner. The Swagtron Swagboard Elite is not only fun (and safe) to ride, but it also contributes to your health and well-being.
Still wondering how? Well, addressing your cynicism, here are the two most important health benefits that I have experienced from riding this board.
1) Provides a Full-body Exercise:
While riding this hoverboard, you need to move forward and backward to maintain your balance continually. Another important thing that you should always do is, keep your body posture straight – no crooked spines allowed! This will help you to prevent humpbacks in the first place.
Along with your spine, your legs, feet, wrist, shoulder, and appendages get a complete workout while you ride this board in style in your neighborhood or even indoors.
2) Helps to being Mindful:
Wondering how? Well, you need to be focused all the time while you ride the board. Concentrating on your ride makes you stay in the present. Your cerebellum starts to build up extensively while you balance yourself on the hoverboard, which in turn enhances your mental state too.
3) Aids in Burning Fat:
I have tried and tested tons of self-balancing scooters, and those that come with the “self-balancing” technology have always helped me to shed some of my unwanted fat. You should not compare it with the health benefits of running a mile, though. The reading on my fitness tracker showed this hoverboard burnt around 300 calories in a half-hour ride!
My Experience with the Swagtron T380 Hoverboard
To start with, honestly, I was over-enthusiastic with the way the company marketed this board. With rigorous testing and upgraded software tags, the manufacturer made this hoverboard look alluring in its specifications’ page. After giving it a run for a week, I have come to the conclusion that this self-balancing scooter does fulfill quite a lot of such claims (if not all).
The Swagboard Elite Bluetooth hoverboard is capable of reaching the highest speed of 8 miles per hour while covering a distance of 11 miles upon one single full charge. Although it doesn’t overtake its competitors by leaps and bounds, it does get the job done decently. The UL – certified battery takes around 2 to 3 hours to charge fully.
The indicator lights are bright enough during the dark with an extra pair in the center of the Swagtron T380. Controlling features such as the Bluetooth speakers and the LED lights on my smartphone seemed to work flawlessly. The app also shows you the amount of juice remaining in your board’s battery so that you can customize your ride accordingly without having an abrupt halt.
Irrespective of whether you are a beginner, experienced, or an expert in riding hoverboards, this Swagtron Elite Bluetooth Hoverboard will surely enhance your experience. The Swagtron mobile app can be seamlessly used as a remote to control your board.
It also comes with upgraded software, which made my ride on this board a lot smoother (if not the smoothest). It is always advisable to purchase your hoverboard only after weighing the pros and cons properly.
- Upgraded software
- Extra indicator lights in the center
- Upgraded 250W motor
- Gear stabilization enabled
- Premium built quality
- Carrying strap
- Multi-mode riding
- Not an off-road rider
To be very honest, this is not the best hoverboard that I have seen or rode before. It seems as if the company has over-hyped its specifications a lot more than what it actually is. With a decent appearance (nothing like an eye candy), the Swagtron T380 Self Balancing Scooter can speed up to 8 miles per hour, which is a little above average. The carrying strap in this self-balancing scooter is a pro-feature because of which the company has not provided a hoverboard carry-bag.
It does look cool while you carry it that way, but a carry bag would have made it a lot easier (making your hands free). On the other hand, the upgraded motor with gear stabilization does make the ride a lot smoother and gives you the feeling that you are in control. This hoverboard can be a good budget choice for kids as well as adults and will give you a holistic experience of riding a self- balancing scooter.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.