Skywalker is something of a household name in Australia. Having officially gone international now’s the perfect time to put the Skywalker hoverboard through its paces. This being my first Skywalker hoverboard review, I was quite excited to see how it performed!
To date, Skywalker has put its name to a huge and impressive line-up of personal electronic transporters. From bikes to cars to hoverboards like this, they’re leading the charge for eco-friendly transport down-under. They also claim to exclusively use the highest quality materials, and they back every sale with an extensive warranty.
On paper, the Skywalker hoverboard seems 100% legit. Way more powerful than most and with a huge range, it’s also waterproof, quick to charge, and easy to carry. It’s slightly more expensive than a typical budget board but nonetheless promises so much in return.
In which case, is now the time to order your Skywalker hoverboard on Amazon? Is this personal prestige transporter as good as it gets for this kind of money right now?
Skywalker Hoverboard Package Contents
- Main unit (scooter)
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor
- User Manual
Features of Skywalker Hoverboard
1) Advanced lithium-ion 36v 4.4AH battery technology that charges from flat in as little as 2 hours. UL 2272 safety certified circuitry for total peace of mind.
2) The Skywalker scooter has an impressive maximum weight capacity of around 240lbs. It’s also surprisingly lightweight and perfectly portable at just 12kg.
3) Powering past many comparable boards, the Skywalker 6.5 inch self-balancing scooter has a huge 20kmh top speed. Not to mention, an exceptional 20km maximum range from a single charge.
4) Every board comes complete with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer for total peace of mind.
5) Available as a 6.5-inch or 8.5-inch version. The larger version being better for tricky off-road terrain.
6) Multiple color choices available to suit all tastes and preferences.
My Experience with Skywalker Hoverboard
There’s no getting away from the fact that the Skywalker is a comparatively expensive hoverboard. But when it comes to quality, craftsmanship, and kick-ass enjoyment, it justifies every penny. I had the privilege of testing both the 6.5-inch and 8.5-inch versions.
Aside from the different wheel sizes, there’s not a great difference between the two. That is, apart from the fact that the 8.5-inch version is an absolute beast on all types of terrain. The raw power the Skywalker collection brings to the table is extraordinary.
Compare this thing to any generic $150 board, and you immediately know where the extra money goes. Exceptional durability, fantastic stability, and incredible acceleration – all while carrying adults up to 242lbs. Take this thing up to its top speed of 20kmh, and it still feels smooth, stable, and safe as can be.
Coupled with a maximum range of 20km, it’s in a pretty exclusive category performance-wise. The fact that it ships in several different colors and finishes is really just the icing on the cake. But what’s particularly interesting about the Skywalker 6.5inch Hoverboard is how they’ve kept the whole thing relatively simple.
No ground-breaking features or extras, just an immensely powerful, high-performance scooter that’s an absolute blast to ride. It’s probably a bit too fast for younger kids, but anyone who’s familiar with performance boards will get a real kick out of the Skywalker.
- Exceptional quality inside and out
- Impressive manufacturing quality
- Huge 20kmh top speed
- The maximum range of up to 20km
- Charges in as little as 2 hours
- Two different sized versions available
- Fantastic on off-road surfaces (8.5-inch model)
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity
It’s funny, but the fact that the Skywalker scooter lacks Bluetooth connectivity, an app, or a speaker really doesn’t matter. In terms of performance and sophistication, you simply cannot compare this thing to any entry-level board. You really have to step on it just once to understand where the extra cash is going.
Everything about the Skywalker hoverboard looks and feels premium in the extreme. Its top speed of 20kmh is outstanding, and its 20km range is equally impressive. It’s also clearly built to last from impeccable quality materials and sophisticated circuitry.
As I’ve said with a few other boards, the Skywalker scooter isn’t a toy. It’s an absolute blast to play with, but it’s also a serious personal transporter you’ll find thousands of practical uses for. Hence, the extra money really is worth paying – try it yourself, and you’ll see why!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.
Leave a Reply