The retailer I loaned it from couldn’t believe I’d never heard of the Robot Turbo hoverboard. In my defense, it’s not got the kind of major-brand pedigree I’m used to. Though admittedly, one look at the spec-sheet, and I was shocked, I’d not tried it out sooner.
With a name like this, you’d expect something special from the Robotturbo hoverboard. Likewise, a quick glance is more than enough to fall completely in love with it. I believe it first debuted in 2017, though even by today’s standards is quite extraordinary.
The biggest challenge today is tracking one down, as they’re not easy to get hold of. Nevertheless, find one for sale at a reasonable price, and it’s worth grabbing with both hands. In terms of speed, range, presentation, power, charging times, and pricing, it’s an absolute winner.
Check out the rest of my Robot Turbo hoverboard review and see if all the hype is justified.
Robot Turbo Hoverboard Package Contents
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Features of Robot Turbo Hoverboard
1) Right off the bat, the manufacturer claims that the Robot Turbo self balancing scooter is good for a maximum range of 15 miles. That’s way more than most comparable boards are capable of.
2) Likewise, its maximum speed of 15 mph comfortably exceeds the capabilities of even the highest-quality boards currently on sale.
3) Remarkably, all of the above is apparently possible with a Samsung battery charging time of 50 minutes. Courtesy of two high-quality Samsung lithium batteries.
4) The board is capable of carrying riders up to a maximum of 240lbs. It also has three different rider modes to suit adults, kids, and newcomers.
5) The exterior design of the board is unique and eye-catching in the extreme.
6) As always, UL 2272 safety certification provides total peace of mind.
My Experience with Robot Turbo Hoverboard
Well…where do I start with this thing?
Looking at the positives first, there’s a pretty long list, to say the least. It’s always good to see a board with multiple rider modes, making it great for the whole family. Super stable and steady in beginner mode, the way this thing flies in expert mode is remarkable.
Even if 15mph doesn’t sound huge on paper, believe me – this is seriously fast for a self-balancing scooter. I’ve seen vastly more expensive boards that struggle to reach 12mph – this thing is a real speed demon.
True to the manufacturer’s claims, the battery was charged in less than an hour. After which, I reckon I got about 13 miles out of it before it needed recharging. Again, this is right up there with the best (and most expensive boards) I’ve tested.
On most smooth surfaces, the Robotturbo was as smooth and enjoyable to ride as any board I’ve tested to date. It also has that all-important look and feel of quality to it – nothing flimsy or creaky to worry about. As for the negatives, they’re not what I’d consider being deal-breakers.
For example, there’s no Bluetooth connectivity, and no speaker built into the board. Neither of which bothers me a great deal. Though what could stand to be improved in the absence of LEDs. There’s no illumination for darker conditions, which is a bit of a shame.
To be honest, though, that’s where the criticism comes to a halt. In all other departments, the Robot Turbo self balancing Hoverboard outperforms most comparable scooters by a clear margin.
- Exceptional top speed of 15mph
- Huge maximum range of 15 miles
- Impressive charging time of 50 minutes
- Beautiful exterior design
- Solid power and performance
- Feels safe and stable underfoot
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity and LEDs
I’m still racking my brain, trying to see where the catch is with this thing. It was launched in 2017, yet it literally runs circles around most of today’s boards. If there’s something amiss I haven’t picked up on, it can’t be anything particularly major.
In any case, you may find it difficult to track one of these things down in 2020. They’re becoming thin on the ground, though are absolutely worth looking for. An absolutely fantastic Robotturbo Hoverboard for adults and kids alike, if you can live without a few added extras. Though with no LEDs anywhere to be seen, it’s not a board to try your luck with outdoors at night.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.