The somewhat elusive RioRand hoverboard escaped my grasp for some time, for reasons I’m not exactly sure of. Nevertheless, I finally got my hands on one last week and gave it the usual treatment. Lightweight, powerful, and packed with cutting-edge technology – the spec-sheet alone had me convinced.
Designed with adult riders and older kids in mind, the RioRand hoverboard also impresses with its gorgeous exterior design and array of bright LEDs. Of course, I do my best to reserve judgment until I have put a board through its paces.
Particularly as I struggled to find even a single recent RioRand hoverboard review doing the rounds online. Read on to find out everything you need to know about this interesting (yet surprisingly elusive) machine.
RioRand Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
RioRand Hoverboard Features
- The RioRand hoverboard weighs just 10kg, making it extremely portable and easy to carry
- The manufacturer lists the board’s top speed as 10kmh
- Battery charging times have been reduced to an impressive 90 minutes or less
- 1,000W of power under the hood for a consistently smooth and enjoyable ride
- Maximum rider weight limit of around 220lbs
- Manufactured from environmentally friendly materials
- An impressive range of up to 20km from a single charge
- Capable of traversing inclines as steep as 15°
- Extensively safety tested for total peace of mind
My Experience with RioRand Hoverboard
When testing a self-balancing scooter for the first time, I usually have a pretty decent idea of what to expect. With this thing, I didn’t have a clue – little to anything to go on. At least, in terms of the reviews and write-ups of other users.
While conducting my own RioRand hoverboard review, I mainly wanted to see how it stacked up against today’s comparable entry-level models. To my surprise, it delivered the goods better than expected in all key areas.
10kmh is about the norm for low-cost boards these days. By contrast, a maximum range of 20km is no less than exceptional. As is a charging time of just 90 minutes. All claims to fame I’m happy to say I can verify as true to the letter.
Once up and running, the RioRand self balancing scooter performs exactly as you’d expect a decent entry-level machine to perform. Nice and stable to mount, powerful acceleration, and excellent performance on most smooth surfaces. No adjustable riding modes, so it’s made more for adults and experienced users than younger kids.
Simple yet effective in all the right areas, the RioRand hoverboard is your classic workhorse. No fancy frills or unnecessary extras, just the basics you need to get the job done. It’s not the kind of board that’s going to blow your mind but is nonetheless right up there with the best budget boards on the market today.
Impressive, to say the least, when you consider this thing has been around for several years now.
- Surprisingly solid build quality
- Huge 20km maximum range
- Decent top speed of 10kmh
- Well designed and put together
- Charges in less than 90 minutes
- Smooth and safe on most everyday surfaces
- Safe, stable and easy to ride
- UL safety tested
- Superb value for money
- Lacks Bluetooth connectivity or app
Some boards disappear from the market due to their glaring failures and inadequacies. In the case of the RioRand hoverboard, I’ve genuinely no idea why it isn’t still on sale. At least, not via the usual major online marketplaces. I honestly believe that if it was still in circulation, it would rank among the best boards you can buy for this kind of money.
At least, for those who favor power, performance, and quality over the usual added extras. It lacks Bluetooth and multiple riding modes, but is that really the end of the world? For me, the RioRand hoverboard ticks all the right boxes in just the right amounts. 1000W of pulling power, super-fast charging, and a huge 20km range – way more than you’d normally expect for this kind of money.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.