Some manufacturers go to the extreme to stuff as many LEDs into their boards as possible. And in most instances, the results are downright spectacular. The MARKBOARD hoverboard being a prime example – a simply stunning little machine.
Nevertheless, it takes more than great looks alone to gain my personal recommendation. Almost every MARKBOARD hoverboard review I’ve seen is positive, but I’m a tough critic to please. Or at least, that’s what I’m told!
Visually, the MARKBOARD hoverboard is exquisite – it really is as simple as that. As to how it performs, the manufacturer makes some pretty bold claims. A solid top speed, decent range, and fast charging times, coupled with super-safe and stable sensory technology for younger riders.
As it’s clearly a board aimed at kids, I factored this into my review – read on for more!
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Features of MARKBOARD Hoverboard
1) According to the manufacturer, this innovative Markboard hoverboard can have first-timers mastering the basics in less than 2 hours.
2) It features a battery protection system and low battery reminder, so you know when it needs to be charged.
3) An array of ultra-bright LEDs all over the board improve visibility during darker riding conditions.
4) The solid rubber tires have been designed to traverse the most smooth everyday surfaces with ease.
5) Bluetooth connectivity enables the built-in speaker to be connected with any compatible mobile device.
6) The manufacturer lists the maximum speed of the board as 15kmh, along with a top range of up to 15km.
7) The board itself weighs just 10kg and yet can support riders of up to 100kg in weight.
8) 2 x 350 W motors deliver more than enough power to handle inclines of up to 15°.
9) All boards ship with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer for total peace of mind.
My Experience with MARKBOARD Hoverboard
In this instance, I thought it only fair to get my daughter involved in my review. I figured we’d both have a go on it and compare notes, in order to keep things fair. My own experience was more or less as expected.
Having been designed primarily for kids, the MARKBOARD self balancing scooter doesn’t feel massively powerful or punchy underfoot. It’s perfectly capable of carrying adults but does feel a little on the sluggish side. It’s also slightly too ostentatious in its presentation, for a boring old man like me!
By contrast, hand it to a kid my daughter’s age, and it’s an entirely different story. She had an absolute blast on this thing from start to finish. She adored the LEDs all over the place, enjoyed the Bluetooth speaker, and really couldn’t get enough of its speed. 15kmh might be a bit too fast for younger riders, so that’s something to keep an eye on.
She got about 14km out of from a full charge – I managed about 8km before it needed more juice. Though with a charging time of around 90 minutes, this really isn’t bad in either case.
- Eye-catching exterior design
- Bursting with ultra-bright LEDs
- Excellent 15kmh top speed
- The maximum range of up to 15kg
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Robust and durable materials
- Charges in approximately 90 minutes
- UL safety tested
- Excellent for money
- Not ideal for adult riders
With the MARKBOARD, it’s all about having realistic expectations. This thing was designed as an enjoyable toy for kids. And in that respect, it’s a superb piece of engineering. Durable, fast, safe, stable, and fantastic to ride.
It’s also one of the most eye-catching boards out there and has a Bluetooth speaker as an added bonus. All for a comparatively low price, when you consider its performance. However, Markboard electric scooter is not what you’d call a serious transportation device for adults.
Nor is it designed to be, so it’s best viewed from a kid’s perspective. And from the perspective of my daughter, it’s a fantastic board at a fantastic price. Particularly if tons of flashing LEDs are a deal-breaker for your kids, you won’t do better than the MARKBOARD.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.