The sub-$200 self-balancing scooter market is getting bigger by the day. There’s also a huge range of scooters hovering around the $150 mark, which in terms of power, performance, and practicality are getting better all the time. If anything, the biggest problem is deciding which of these low-cost scooters to take home. For the purpose of this Lieagle 6.5″ hoverboard review, I was handed a scooter by a local retailer on a trial basis.
I’ve got more than enough boards to last two or three lifetimes, so I really didn’t need to buy one outright. I’d seen this self-balancing scooter online, and it looked great, so I was (as always) happy to give it a run for its money. For the most part, I tried to focus my review on pure and simple value for money.
Or, more importantly, if and to what extent this hoverboard stood out from the pack. It’s getting harder and harder to impress with such heavy competition, but there are some $150-ish boards that deliver way more than you’d expect. The question is – where does the Lieagle 6.5 inch hoverboard fit in with is closest rivals?
Lieagle 6.5inch Hoverboard Contents
- Lieagle Self Balancing Scooter
- Instruction Manual
Features of Lieagle 6.5 inch Hoverboard
- As with any decent manufacturer, the folks behind this 6.5inch scooter have made safety their number one priority. This high-quality piece of kit is fully UL2272 certified and has been put through thousands of safety checks for total peace of mind.
- Boasting an impressive anti-slip design and the latest self-balancing technology, this is an extremely easy board to mount and dismount. Perfect for kids and adults of all ages – especially newcomers to board riding.
- Under the hood, powerful 200W brushless motors deliver a high-performance riding experience for kids and adults alike. The Lieagle 6.5″ self-balancing scooter is capable of handling weights far in excess of 200lbs while dealing with decent inclines with no real drama.
- The maximum speed is 6.2MPH, and the board is said to have a runtime of approximately one hour. This means that from a single full charge, it has a range of around 6 miles – depending on the terrain type and general conditions.
- The board is brightened with a bunch of high-quality LEDs, along with a quality Bluetooth speaker for even more entertainment on the go.
- Each self-balancing scooter ships with a no-questions-asked three-month warranty, along with the promise of 24/7 email support from the manufacturer.
- Every hoverboard is assembled in the United States, using only the highest quality materials and manufacturing standards.
My Experience with the Lieagle 6.5 inch Hoverboard
As I’ve said a thousand times, I don’t step onto a sub-$200 board and expect to have my mind blown. For these kinds of low prices, a board that simply gets the job done and delivers an easy ride is more than enough. In this case let’s just say I can see why it’s earned such huge and consistent praise online.
It’s also a top-seller on Amazon – and clearly for a good reason. For one thing, this self-balancing scooter looks the part in a big way. Gorgeously put together, quality materials and bright LEDs all creating a real visual showcase. Even the wheels and the tires are a joy to look at, which is pretty good going for such a cheap board.
Charging times come in at around 2-3 hours, after which you’re good to go. Stepping on the Lieagle 6.5″ Hoverboard for the first time, I was impressed with its strength and stability. No worrying creaks or squeaks, no bowing of the board, and no wobbles whatsoever. Likewise, set it in motion, and its capacity to carry a grown man like me is another pleasant surprise.
It’s not the fastest board in the world – 6.2MPH can feel a big sluggish from time to time. Likewise, with a maximum range of about 6 miles, you could say it’s not really made for serious transportation purposes. But then again, that’s not really the point with the hoverboard instead; it’s a toy and a fantastic toy at that. For kids, this thing is about as good as it gets.
Not too fast, but quick enough to have fun with. Unbelievably stable and easy to ride, so perfect for beginners. Gorgeous to look at and shipped with a built-in Bluetooth speaker for added enjoyment. Perhaps most importantly, built to last and likely to withstand anything your kids can throw at it. And again, if the Lieagle 6.5 inch was capable of carrying me with zero drama, it’s capable of carrying the biggest and heaviest kids out there. A great board for anyone (kids or adults) to get started with.
- Excellent power and performance
- Good battery life and quick charging
- Looks great of the box
- Impressive strength and stability
- Extra LED lights and Bluetooth speaker
- Full battery protection for peace of mind
- Limited top speed of 6.2MPH
- Limited range of 6 miles
With boards like the Lieagle 6.5″, it’s all about having the right expectations. If you’re looking for a serious piece of transportation hardware for your everyday commute, you might be better looking elsewhere. However, if you’re looking for a solid board, that’s all about fun and games, this could be it.
Particularly where kids and newcomers to riding are concerned, the Lieagle 6.5 inch self-balancing scooter ticks all the right boxes. Strong, stable, easy to ride, and not too fast – all you could ask for at an impressively low price.
Plus, the fact that it’s powerful enough to carry adults way over 200lbs makes it the perfect toy for the whole family. While this scooter continues to sell for such a low price, it represents near-unbeatable value for money. Well worth checking out – especially in the countdown to the annual festive shopping season.