Every now and again, I come across a self-balancing scooter that completely reignites my passion for personal transportation devices. A prime example of which being this Lamborghini 8.5 inch Hoverboard, which is by far one of the most beautiful electric scooters the market has seen to date. Seriously – one look at this thing is enough to make you forget about almost every other hoverboard in existence!
The Lamborghini 8.5 Inch Hoverboard has been designed to turn heads and stop traffic. Boasting one of the most stunning exteriors you’ll ever lay eyes on, it also features a unique wheel design inspired by the iconic brand’s actual supercars.
The 8.5-inch tires have stellar on-road, and off-road performance is written all over them, the LED lights bring even more visual flair to the board, and there is a premium Bluetooth speaker built-in for added entertainment on the go. In terms of power and performance, well, you’ll have to read the rest of this Lamborghini hoverboard review
to find out how it performed when put to the test. Suffice to say, this is a spectacular UL 2272 certified electric scooter of epic proportions, designed with the most discerning riders in mind.
Lamborghini 8.5 Hoverboard Contents
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Lamborghini 8.5 inch Hoverboard Features
1) Unsurprisingly, the feature the manufacturer shouts loudest about is the visual design of the board. More specifically, the fact that it boasts some of the most familiar characteristics of Lamborghini’s most iconic supercars. This is, in every sense of the word, a genuine Lamborghini 8.5 inch self balancing scooter.
2) As the name suggests, this is the version of the Lamborghini boards that sports the larger 8.5-inch tires. This is to give the scooter significantly more traction and generally improved capabilities when dealing with off-road terrain.
3) The manufacturer claims that intelligent ride sensors have been fitted all over the scooter, which makes for an incredibly dynamic and responsive ride. They’ve even said it feels more like skiing than boarding in the traditional sense, which is a pretty bold claim to make!
4) A high-quality Bluetooth speaker has been included in the board, which connects with ease to any mobile device. Again, the manufacturer clearly states that the speaker is of superior quality to those of most comparable boards.
5) Its official weight capacity is published as 264lbs, which is right in line with some of the better boards on the market. When carrying a rider of an average weight on a relatively modest surface, it has a specified maximum range of around 10 miles. There’s no specific indication from the manufacturer of top speed.
6) Riders can choose from three different modes to suit beginners, intermediates, and more experienced riders. This would appear to make the 8.5-inch Lamborghini Hoverboard suitable for all skill and experience levels, including kids.
My Experience with the Lamborghini 8.5 Inch Hoverboard
Thankfully, I was loaned this particular self-balancing scooter to try out, so I didn’t have to wax $350 of my own money on it. That said, if I’d decided to buy a premium scooter for this kind of money and this was the board I chose, I wouldn’t have been disappointed.
As previously mentioned, you really can’t deny the appeal of a board that is officially endorsed by Lamborghini. It looks (almost) as epic as the real deal – especially those iconic and unmistakable wheels. Speaking of which, my primary intention was to determine if and to what extent the larger wheels major difference.
Apart from its amazing looks, one of the things I was most impressed with when reviewing its smaller sibling was the way it dealt with rougher surfaces. Increase the size of the wheels to 8.5-inches, and this thing simply glide across anything you can throw at it.
Long story short, they did.
Exceptional Power and Performance
All with that same reassuring feeling of power, performance, and total control. Those three rider modes are great, making a noticeable difference to the way the board handles from start to finish. In terms of range and maximum speed, I’d say I got about 9mph out of it with a range of around 10 miles, give or take.
I don’t tend to make use of Bluetooth speakers in self-balancing scooters too often, but even I was impressed by the quality of the speaker in the Lamborghini 8.5 inch hoverboard. Again, I’m not a huge fan of the engine noise option you can blast out of the speaker if you wish, but it is nonetheless 100% optional.
I also handed the board over to my daughter to try out – she had just as much fun with it as I did. It’s hard to put your finger on it entirely, but there’s something about this Lamborghini Self Balancing Scooter that just feels every bit as premium as it looks. Not that you’d expect anything less for this kind of money, but still – it’s far cheaper than a real Lamborghini sports car!
- One of the best-looking boards on the market right now
- Reassuring power and performance at all times
- Three different riding modes to suit all skill levels
- Performs like a dream off-road
- Quality materials and built to last
- Excellent range and good top speed
- Usually charges in less than 2 hours
- Very impressive Bluetooth speaker
- Handles better than most boards on the market
- Suitable for adults and kids alike
- The chance to own a real Lamborghini
- It probably should be waterproof for this kind of money
- Still a little on the expensive side at around $350
I’ll be honest – I found the whole thing to be a bit of a no-brainer. Assuming both the 6.5-inch and 8.5-inch versions are available for around the same price, go for the larger model. The 8.5-inch version of the Lamborghini board does everything its smaller sibling can do, and then some more.
It might be bulky, but it can cruise over just about any surface with total confidence. As before, it’s up to you to decide whether $350 is too much for a toy. But once again, you need to consider what it is you’re getting for your money a genuine Lamborghini vehicle.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.