Having already been impressed with a handful of Jetson scooters as of late, I had high expectations from this thing. Said to be capable of dealing with all types of terrain, the Jetson X10 hoverboard certainly looks the part. Though as always, I’m skeptical when a 6.5-inch self-balancing scooter claims to be ‘all-terrain.’
The Jetson X10 Extreme Terrain hoverboard makes pretty bold claims by way of its name alone. But how does it perform when put to the test?. That’s what I set out to find in my Jetson X10 hoverboard review.
I know boards from this brand pretty well, and they’re not in the habit of disappointing. I’ve also mentioned on several occasions before that the Jetson mobile app is by far one of the best in the business.
In terms of power, performance, and versatility, this is usually a brand that ticks all the right boxes. I was, therefore, keen to put the Jetson X10 all-terrain hoverboard to the test and see if it lived up to the hype.
Jetson X10 Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Jetson X10 Hoverboard Features
1) Right off the bat, the Jetson X10 keeps things energetic and exciting with a maximum speed of 10mph.
2) The manufacturer also indicates a maximum range of 12 miles, after a charging time of approximately 3 hours.
3) Once again, the Jetson X10 is suitable for kids and adults alike, up to a maximum weight of 265lbs.
4) The 6.5-inch wheels are furnished with the latest ‘extreme terrain’ tires to deal confidently with challenging surfaces.
5) Jetson has fitted its usual Bluetooth speaker into the deck, which is way better than most comparable hover board speakers.
6) A one-year limited warranty is provided as standard, just in case anything goes wrong within the first 12 months.
7) Active Balance Technology makes for a smooth, safe, and enjoyable experience for new and experienced riders.
8) LED lights have been embedded in the front of the board and the wheels for additional illumination in darker conditions.
My Experience with Jetson X10 Hoverboard
I could technically sum this review up in just a couple of sentences, but I’ll do Jetson the courtesy of going into a little more detail. Like its siblings from the same collection, the Jetson X10 Extreme Terrain Hover Scooter impresses right out of the box. The construction of the board is outstanding, and the attention to detail is gorgeous.
It has a feeling of real quality to it, which isn’t always the case with boards for this kind of price. Capable of carrying riders up to 265lbs, it carried my ample frame with ease. True to its claim, 10mph is the top speed you can expect, and that 12-mile maximum range is superb.
Mine was charged in approximately 2.5 hours, so slightly less than indicated. No complaints about the Bluetooth speaker and the Jetson App is as good as it has ever been. In addition, the brand’s Active Balance Technology really does make a difference to the smoothness and enjoyment of the whole experience.
The Jetson X10 is recommended for ideas aged 12 and over, so it’s not suitable for younger kids. As for its off-road performance, well, it’s as good as you’ll get from a 6.5-inch board. As I’ve said on dozens of previous occasions, to expect a 6.5-inch scooter to be true ‘all-terrain’ is to expect too much.
The Jetson X10 is fantastic on most everyday surfaces – sidewalks, short grass, hard dirt, and the odd bit of debris you encounter along the way. Would I ride in on sand, gravel, long grass, or loose dirt? Not a chance! Though this is the same for all boards with smaller wheels – they must obey the laws of physics!
So while the Jetson X10 is an absolutely fantastic board for everyday riding, it’s definitely not a true all-terrain board. Hence, the ‘Extreme Terrain’ handle may be pushing things a little far!
- Quality materials and manufacturing
- Solid power and performance
- Fantastic on slightly rougher surfaces
- Feels safe and stable underfoot
- Up to 12 miles range from a single charge
- Excellent top speed of 10mph
- Impressive speaker quality and sound output
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- Not particularly ‘Extreme’ off-road
Trust me when I say that in all areas that count, the Jetson X10 is simply fantastic. In terms of its power, top speed, range, safety, stability, and quality, it’s right up there. The same can also be said for value for money – Jetson never disappoints.
It’s just that when manufacturers make claims of ‘Extreme’ off-road performance, you expect something suitably extreme. The Jetson X10 hoverboard is just about as extreme as a 6.5-inch scooter can be, but isn’t going to take you places you’d get with say 10-inch wheels. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing – you just need to ensure you have realistic expectations!
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.