Today’s self-balancing scooter market is packed to bursting with ultra-cheap devices. To such an extent that anything hovering around the $200-$300 mark may be viewed with suspicion. An example of which being the Jetson Flash hoverboard, which currently retails slightly above entry-level. But what does the Jetson flash hoverboard bring to the table that justifies this extra cash?
In this Jetson flash hoverboard review, that’s what I’ll be attempting to decipher. At a glance, there’s nothing about this personal transporter that isn’t impressive. It looks the part, it’s bursting with bright LEDs, and it looks heavy-duty.
It’s also been designed for adults of all ages, with top speed and range that comfortably outperform many comparable boards. Still, does this mean that the Jetson Flash all-terrain hoverboard is worth the money? Or would you be better keeping more spare cash in your wallet and opting for something cheaper?
Jetson Flash Hoverboard Package Contents
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Jetson Flash Hoverboard Features
1) The Flash by Jetson dynamic hoverboard features an immense 500-watt dual hub motor, which is more than enough to carry adults up to 220lbs in weight.
2) According to the manufacturer, this nippy device is good for a top speed of 10mph. It’s also more than capable of dealing with relatively steep slopes.
3) Choose from three pre-set speed modes, suitable for beginners, intermedia riders, and experts—all selectable via the quite superb Jetson App.
4) Three hours is all it takes to charge the Jetson flash from flat. After this, you’ll be looking at 3 hours of enjoyable riding, for a maximum range of up to 12 miles.
5) A high-quality Bluetooth speaker is housed in the deck for added entertainment on the go. One that’s considerably louder and crisper than many comparable speakers.
6) The Jetson Flash self-balancing scooter also features all-terrain tires, which the manufacturer claims are great on rougher ground.
7) Active Balance Technology translates to superb stability when mounting and dismounting the board.
8) The Jetson Flash all-terrain hoverboard is recommended for ages 13 and up, therefore isn’t suitable for younger children.
My Experience with the Jetson Flash Hoverboard
It’s actually quite rare these days to come across a hoverboard that’s recommended for adults, but not for children. If anything, it’s usually the other way around. Though after reading the specification sheet for the Jetson Flash self balancing hoverboard, it seemed like a logical recommendation.
This thing has a seriously powerful 500-watt dual hub motor under the hood, which you have to experience to appreciate. If you’ve ever tried a low-cost board that feels like it’s going to fall apart or grind to a halt at any moment, this thing is basically the exact opposite.
Its Active Balance Technology is evident from the start, making for a smooth and stable experience. I’ve been doing this for long enough to think I qualify for the advanced rider setting, so that’s what I went with. The 10mph top speed is great, but it’s the acceleration that really impressed me.
Even when dealing with inclines, this thing rockets into motion like nobody’s business. It also turns on a dime, with some of the most precise controls I’ve felt on board so far. The mobile app is also fantastic, providing access to a handful of additional features and functionalities.
I don’t tend to use board-mounted Bluetooth speakers myself, but I’d recommend this one if I did. Way better than the usual low-grade speakers I’ve encountered over the years. My only criticism is that its off-road capabilities are somewhat limited. But that’s to be expected with 6.5-inch wheels – everything else about it is pretty awesome.
- Beautifully designed and well presented
- Exceptional power and performance
- Outstanding control and precision
- Impressive speaker quality and sound output
- Very good acceleration and top speed
- Good battery life and charging times
- Excellent stability when mounting and dismounting
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- Not the best off-road
Referring back to the original question, the answer is yes – the Jetson Flash does indeed justify its slightly elevated price. That’s because what you’re looking at here is a genuine personal transportation device for adults. The Jetson Flash isn’t a toy – it’s a vehicle you’ll come to count on.
In terms of power, performance, and pure enjoyment, it’s an absolute winner. It’s not the best off-road, but nor is any scooter with 6.5-inch wheels. I’m also a big fan of the Jetson App and the way this thing is put together in general. If you’re happy paying a little more, the Jetson Flash delivers way more than most budget boards at a price that makes it outstanding value for money.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.