It’s been a while since the iScooter hoverboard first hit the scene, which at the time made quite an impact. With its Bluetooth connectivity, built-in speaker, and so on, it was a serious board at a bargain price. It was also UL 2272 safe – all the makings of an impressive piece of kit.
That said, things have come a long way over the past couple of years. Boards that were once considered cutting-edge now being somewhat outdated, to say the least. The iScooter hoverboard is still on sale, but how does it compare to similar budget boards today? That’s exactly the question I set out to answer, with my in-depth iScooter hoverboard review.
Not only did the iScooter exceed my expectations, it outperformed many leading boards on the market right now. From top to bottom, this thing combines top-shelf performance with a rock-bottom price. I’ve honestly no idea why it isn’t more widely available – I’d recommend it in a heartbeat if it was.
Rather than spoiling the surprise, I’ll let you read on for all the info on this seriously capable piece of kit.
iScooter Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main Unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug-In Adaptor.
- User Manual.
- Carry Bag.
Features of iScooter Hoverboard
1) According to the manufacturer, the iScooter Hoverboard has a top speed of approximately 10kmh and can handle inclines of up to 30°.
2) From a full charge, the board has a maximum range of 15 to 20 kilometers, depending on the weight of the rider.
3) The iScooter’s maximum load capacity is set at 100kg – approximately 220lbs.
4) Along with taking less than an hour to charge, the fast-charging battery can reach 80% from flat in just 30 minutes.
5) Regenerative breaking efficiency of 70% contributes to the board’s impressive battery life.
6) Three gyro sensors combine with three accelerometers to deliver a safe, stable, and enjoyable ride from start to finish.
7) The deck also features a hoverboard with bluetooth speakers for added entertainment on the go.
8) Low battery warning indicator to advise when a recharge is needed, or gradually slow the board down when the battery reach is critical levels.
9) Available in a variety of colors, complete with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty as standard.
10) Full UL 2272 safety certification for total peace of mind.
My Experience with iScooter Hoverboard
As you can probably see from the above, the iScooter self-balancing scooter isn’t messing around. In all areas that count, it’s a spec sheet that reads exactly as you’d expect from a top-shelf scooter. The difference is that with the iScooter, it’s a low-cost hoverboard electric scooter up for grabs at a bargain price.
Visually, the whole thing is gorgeous. Nothing tacky or OTT, just a beautifully designed exterior with a handful of LEDs for added visibility. I was sent the blue version, which I can honestly say is the best of the bunch by far. Step aboard the iScooter, and the showcase continues.
Clearly designed with adult riders in mind, it’s a sturdy and solid piece of kit with a premium feel. Its acceleration isn’t exactly mind-blowing, but it confidently hits that 10kmh top speed in no time and holds it for the duration. By contrast, its range is no less than remarkable. I’d say I got around 17km from a full battery, which is exceptional given the fact that it was charged in less than an hour.
It can also charge from flat to 80% in 30 minutes – insanely fast, even by today’s standards. Not that it stopped there, as the Bluetooth speaker was also way better than I had expected. The ride was smooth and enjoyable on all the usual surfaces, inclines were no trouble, and the carry bag included is a really nice touch. The iScooter is a low-cost board but would be well worth checking out even at a mid-range price.
- Very impressive pulling power
- Decent top speed of 10kmh
- Exceptional range of up to 20km
- Fully charged in less than an hour
- Reaches 80% charged in 30 minutes
- Maximum rider weight of 220lbs
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Robust and durable materials
- Carry bag included
- UL safety tested
- Exceptional for money
- Not easy to find these days!
Again, I honestly can’t fathom why this thing isn’t more widely available. In all areas that count, the iScooter hoverboard outperforms just about anything on sale for the same price. I genuinely couldn’t find anything worth criticizing – not for this kind of money.
Decent top speed, exceptional range, and ridiculously fast-charging – all at a rock-bottom price. It even ships complete with a carry bag, which is a rarity with any scooter these days. If you’re the type that has unrealistically high expectations when buying a low-cost board, this is the board for you.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.