The Hoverzon S hoverboard has been out and about for a while now. Nevertheless, it still has a pretty strong following all over the world. Often compared like-for-like with the Swagtron T1, the Hoverzon S was designed to be all things to all riders.
Modest in price and with looks to die for, the Hoverzon S blends simplicity and performance. What’s more, it’s also designed to be as user-friendly and possible for beginners. Thus, making it a popular choice among newbies out for something a little more premium.
The brand certainly has pedigree on its side. Plus, you can’t help but like the Hoverzon S when you first see it. But you have to wonder if it’s really got the guts to deal with some of its fiercest rivals on the streets like now. So the question is – does the HOVERZON S Series Self Balance Hoverboard make the grade when put to the test? Or would your money be better-spent elsewhere?. Read the below review to know more.
Hoverzon S Package Contents
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug-In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Hoverzon S Hoverboard Features
1) The most important feature of the Hoverzon S is its revolutionary gyroscopic technology. Something becoming the new standard for ultra-premium boards the world over, this incredible balancing technology makes it so much easier to mount and ride the Hoverzon S safely.
2) It’s pretty much a must for kids getting started for the first time, but also makes the whole experience noticeable smoother and more effortless for adults too.
3) Though it doesn’t affect the overall performance, I personally like the way the wheels look they’ve got real alloy hubcaps bolted onto them. It just adds to the premium feel of the whole package, which is nice.
4) The hard rubber tires aren’t the bigger or softest you’ll come across, but make for a smooth ride on most smooth surfaces.
5) Regarding power, there’s an all-new 250-W motor under the hood, which isn’t the most powerful you’ll come across. The top speed is limited to a leisurely 8mph, but this can nonetheless handle an impressive 220lbs in weight. So it might not be quite, but it’s durable and powerful enough to go the distance.
6) Speaking of which, the Hoverzon S self-balancing scooter has a maximum range of around 11 miles from a single charge. Pretty decent, considering the price and performance of the board in general.
7) Smart battery management watches over the safety of the cell, so it’s right up there with the best of them as far as fire safety goes. Plus, there’s inbuilt gear stabilization technology, which once as makes the ride as a whole much safer, smoother, and more balanced.
8) Multiple riding modes cater to all users, from beginners right up to pros. So, in theory, the Hoverzon S could be the only board you’ll ever need. Plus, there are various color choices to choose from, to suit the tastes of pretty much anyone.
My Experience with Hoverzon S Hoverboard
The first impression I got from the Hoverzon S Self balancing scooter – it’s hardly a featherweight piece of kit. And with no strap or handle to carry it around, you’re definitely going to need a bag for this one, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
I see this kind of weight as a sign of durability. This being something delivers in spades – you get the feeling in an instant it was built to last. Step on it once, and you’ll see for yourself what kind of difference the gyroscopic technology makes. While some boards tilt and wobble all over the place, it makes it as easy as stepping onto a static step.
So if you’re new to boarding or plan to pick one up for your kids, you could definitely do worse than the Hoverzon S. Cycling through the various performance modes, I can promise you there’s a definite difference from one to the next. The speed, handling, and general experience become more dynamic as you progress to the pro settings at the time.
A Super-Smooth Ride on Flat Surfaces
Out and about, the 8mph top speed is more than enough for most people. Though it might feel a bit limited if you’re used to anything faster. For example, put this thing next to the Swagtron T6, and it feels a little sluggish.
Likewise, it’s been designed for use exclusively on smooth surfaces and won’t fare well when faced with the rough stuff. It also isn’t water-resistant, which is always a bit of a shame. Still, it got me where I was going quickly, easily, and with the kind of smooth comfort, you can’t help but be impressed with, which I was – especially for such a reasonable purchase price.
- One of the smoothest and most comfortable rides on the market by far
- Impressive load capacity of 200lbs
- Great looks and multiple colors to choose from
- Solid construction and a feeling of durability
- Various modes to suit all users from beginner to pro
- Fairly priced
- A little on the heavy side
- Not waterproof so no good in wet weather
- Limited to smoother surfaces
- 8mph top speed may be too slow for some
Bringing it all together, I can only recommend the Hoverzon S Hoverboard with flying colors, based on my own experience. Admittedly, it doesn’t have all the crazy features, functions, and added garnishes some of its rivals boast. But at the same time, that’s not why it was created. Instead, this is about using the best technology out there to create a board that’s simple, reliable, and suitable for just about anyone.
I think the Hoverzon S would make a great choice for any newcomer, who prefers not to settle for a bargain-basement piece of $100 trash. Sure it’s a premium-priced first board, but it will also take you all the way through to pro level. Not to mention, keep you safe and comfortable along the way.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.