Some self-balancing scooters have impressive names but don’t add up to a great deal when put to the test. A notable exception to the rule being the Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard, which lives up to its lofty claims in a big way. You only need to glance at this thing to see what makes it different from the vast majority of hoverboards on the market.
In terms of presentation, build quality and rugged durability, the Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard is on an entirely higher level. It also features monstrous 10- inch tyres, enabling it to go places you wouldn’t normally dare take a generic scooter. Boasting three riding modes and maximum rider weight of approximately 265lbs, this thing is the dictionary definition of a scooter for all ages and skill levels.
Not to mention, the vast majority of everyday terrain types. It may be priced slightly higher than most generic hoverboards, but there really is nothing generic about it. Just as long as you can see past the initial purchase price, you’ll be taking something home that outperforms almost anything else you can pick up for this kind of money. Let’s take a review about what makes the Hover-1 Titan a standout scooter in the off-road category.
- 1 Main unit (scooter).
- 1 Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- 1 User Manual.
Features of the Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard
- Capable of reaching speeds of up to 7.45mph, though this can be customised using the exclusive accompanying mobile app.
- Control a variety of riding features and functionalities via Bluetooth, using almost any connected mobile device.
- A maximum rider weight capacity of 265lbs makes the Hover-1 Titan Self Balancing Scooter suitable for adults and kids of all ages.
- Features enormous 10-inch tyres, enabling the scooter to take on all different types of terrain and weather conditions.
- The deck itself features a quality Bluetooth speaker for added entertainment on the go.
- Fast battery charging times combine with a maximum range of approximately 8 miles, which is impressive for an all-terrain scooter.
- The front of the deck features two super-bright LED lights bars, ensuring maximum visibility when riding in darker or more challenging conditions.
My Experience with the Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard
There are far too many ‘off-road’ Hoverboards on the market right now that don’t perform even remotely adequately on the rough stuff. The Hover-1 Titan Hoverboard isn’t one of them – this is one of the few boards you’ll find that actually lives up to the manufacturer’s assurances. If anything, it actually exceeds expectations.
For one thing, the responsiveness of this elite self-balancing scooter is exceptional. There’s almost always a response delay of a few milliseconds with most boards. With this thing, it responds instantaneously to even the tiniest of movements. It really does turn on a dime and feels more like an extension of your body than a hoverboard in the traditional sense.
Each of the three riding modes delivers a seamlessly smooth, safe and enjoyable riding experience, though with added stability and reduced top speed in the beginner and intermediate modes. Whichever much you choose, this thing glides across rough and uneven terrain like you wouldn’t believe. You can take this thing up to its top speed on grass or compact dirt, and it almost feels like you’re on smooth concrete.
You could argue that the maximum speed of 7.45mph isn’t huge, but you have to consider the kind of terrain this thing can fly over. Not to mention, its capacity to carry even heavier riders (up to 265lbs) up relatively steep slopes. It’s s great board for everyday journeys on smoother surfaces, but the Hover-1 Titan really comes into its own off-road. At which point, you find yourself wondering whether it’s really worth bothering with anything less even with its slightly elevated price tag!
- Beautifully designed and well presented
- Exceptional power and performance
- Fantastic on off-road surfaces
- Impressive speaker quality and sound output
- Solid top speed and range
- Easy to ride for adults and kids alike
- Decent charging time
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- Not the cheapest hoverboard available
To be honest, I can’t really think of anything genuinely negative to say about the Hover-1 Titan 10″ Hoverboard. Even though it is a relatively expensive self-balancing scooter, what you actually take home in terms of value for money is exceptional. Even when riding on smooth everyday surfaces, there’s a feeling of power, control and quality to this thing you simply have to experience to believe.
What’s more, the fact that it has three riding modes to suit kids of adults of all ages is a fantastic added touch. It’d be great if it shipped with a carry bag for storage and transportation, but the vast majority of scooters these days don’t which is a shame.