Gyroor 8.5″ Self Balancing Scooter
|Product Name:||Gyroor 8.5" Hoverboard|
|Max Load:||265 Pounds|
|Features:||8.5-Inch Solid Tyres, Bluetooth Connectivity, 700W of Power, Max.speed 10mph|
With some self-balancing scooters, you get what you pay for. With others, value for money is slightly more questionable. Particularly when it comes to the more premium boards on the market – scooters in excess of say $300. That’s why I’m always slightly sceptical when testing these kinds of boards. Sometimes.
You pay around $300, and there’s no real difference from a sub-$200 board. Nevertheless, the Gyroor 8.5″ Hoverboard had more than its fair share of strong customer reviews, so it seemed like a decent bet. Everything about this board has been designed with pure performance and enjoyment in mind.
It’s one of a handful of off-road boards I’ve tried recently, with huge 8.5-inch tyres and plenty of muscle under the hood. The manufacturer proudly proclaims that it is, quite simply, ‘the future’ of self-balancing scooter technology. Nevertheless, the question remains – does it justify its price? Is it really worth paying around $300 for a board like this, or should you stick with something low-cost?
Gyroor 8.5″ Hoverboard Contents:
- 1 Main unit (scooter).
- 1 Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- 1 User Manual.
Features of the Gyroor 8.5″ self-balancing scooter:
- The most important feature of the scooter is also the most obvious feature. That being, those sizeable 8.5-inch solid tyres. According to the manufacturer, this gives the scooter the ability to ride with consistent power and performance on gravel, dirt, grass, and wet surfaces. Far more versatility than a typical scooter.
- Various Gyroor 8.5″ Hoverboard reviews have also highlighted the durability and general build quality of the device. It combines UL-approved materials with an exceptionally sturdy structure, enabling it to carry heavier riders and deal with the occasional knock.
- Entertainment on the go is taken to the next level by the inclusion of a high-quality branded speaker. Bluetooth connectivity allows the rider to connect pretty much any smartphone or tablet to the board for epic entertainment while out and about.
- The latest self-balancing technology has been used to create an exceptionally stable board, which is easy to mount and dismount. Perfect for newcomers and experienced riders alike.
- Under the hood, the Gyroor 8.5″ self-balancing scooter packs an incredible 700W of power, making it capable of carrying adult riders up to 265lbs. All with an impressive maximum speed of approximately 10mph and a solid range of up to 9 miles.
- Charging times are listed as approximately 1.5 hours, which is considerably less than some comparable boards for around the same price.
My Experience with the Gyroor 8.5″ Hoverboard
I’ve always been fond of boards that don’t restrict your riding to perfectly smooth and flat surfaces. I’m also aware of the fact that quite a lot of off-road boards don’t come close to delivering on their promises. Even if they look the part, they’re not cut out for true all-terrain performance.
With the Gyroor 8.5 inch self-balancing Hoverboard well, let’s just say the whole thing came as a huge surprise. Right out of the box, you can’t help but be impressed by the way this thing looks and how well it has been put together. The stars of the show are (of course) those huge tyres – one look, and you’re dreaming of hitting the off-road trail in style. It came partially charged, so it was ready to go in about an hour.
As usual, I put it through its paces on a series of standard flat surfaces first. Stepping onto the board for the first time, the only word to describe its stability is ‘remarkable.’ By a huge margin, one of the easiest boards to mount and dismount I have ever encountered.
Set it in motion, and the huge power and performance of the dual-motors under the hood becomes apparent. This thing accelerates like a sports car, hitting a solid 10mph in seconds and dealing with inclines with ease.
Off-road, the quality of the board really shows. Tested on grass, hard dirt, and even out in the woods, there was nothing this board couldn’t handle. Sure, the top speed is a little lower off-road, but the general power and performance are constant. The same also goes for its range – I averaged about 9 miles from each full charge, which is superb.
To be honest, I don’t take much of an interest in Bluetooth speakers on boards as I prefer not to annoy my neighbours. Nevertheless, I can say with confidence that the pro-quality speaker built into this scooter is on a completely different level. Impressive sound quality and more than loud enough to annoy anyone who happens to be in the vicinity at the time.
Advantages of the Gyroor 8.5″ Hoverboard
- Exceptional performance on a variety of surfaces
- Performs brilliantly off-road
- Superior materials and general build quality
- Very impressive range and good top speed
- Comparatively short charging time
- Multiple colours available to suit all tastes
- Extensively safety tested for total peace of mind
- Could be considered a little on the heavy side
- Slightly expensive at around $300
With boards like this, it all comes down to pure value for money. Is $300 a little expensive for a self-balancing scooter? Yes. Does this off-road powerhouse more than justify the added expense? Absolutely. These days, you can pick up a decent enough scooter for low price like Gyroor 8.5″.
However, for that kind of money, you’ll be looking at a relatively limited range, a less-than blistering top speed, and confinement to smoother surfaces. Step up to a board like this, and things are propelled into an entirely different ballpark.CLICK HERE TO SEE PRICING ON GYROOR 8.5" HOVERBOARD