I recently purchased the self-balancing scooter from ForTech and it is undeniably good value for money. The fundamental concept is that it is a handle-less segway. But the ForTech Self Balancing Scooter is not just a fancy toy; it is a useful transport or mobility device. To start with, here are the contents that were sent to me by Amazon:
ForTech Two Wheels Mini Smart Self Balancing Scooter: Package Contents
- 1 Scooter,
- 1 100-240v AC Charger (with US plugs),
- 1 User Manual.
ForTech Self Balancing Scooter Unique Features:
- The Scooter weighs 29 lbs/10 kgs, making it portable and easy to carry for adults and children above 14 years of age.
- The body has a good stable build and is of top quality while solid rubber tires ensure there are no untimely punctures or sudden accidents.
- Its 2 pressure sensitive motor is connected with a single horizontal axle across the frame and this can be engaged by placing pressure on foot pads.
- Forward and backward movements are possible through sturdy footpads which make it easy to move.
- One important point to remember is that balanced pressure must be applied on the twin motors and each is a distinctive purple in color to give the transportation device a professional and trendy look.
- Lights flared up when I stepped on the pads and they blinked for the entire duration for which I was turning.
- Light detectors and smart motors make this a good purchase.
Specifications Of ForTech Scooter:
- ForTech is a two-wheel auto balancing electric scooter.
- Turning radius has a minimum value of 0, making 360 degree turns in one position possible.
- It has dual wheel system and twin motors.
- The driver motors are located within the wheels and can be controlled by foot pads to reach a maximum speed of 10m to 15 km per hour.
- Cruising radius of this scooter ranges from 15 to 25 km and maximum climbing angle is around 15 degrees.
- The battery can carry a maximum charge of 36v to 132 wh.
- My scooter could carry heavy loads of up to 100 to 120 kgs.
- It had a charger voltage of AC110V-220V 50-60HZ and charging time of 60 minutes.
- ForTech also has a motor of around 500 WW and 6.5 inch thick tires.
- Distance per charge is as high as 20 km and working temperature is around 10 to 500C.
- Motor power is around 350W*2 and the battery type is a Samsung Lithium ion battery.
- Battery capacity is around 4.4A and voltage ranges from 48V onwards while the battery power is 201-350W.
- This scooter has LED lamps as power indicators and a charging time of 1 to 2 hours.
- My scooter is a level 5 in terms of waterproof properties, making it ideal for moving around on the beach as well.
- Made of durable and resistant ABS +PC plastic, I found the body height of the scooter (17cm) to be very convenient.
- The ride height is 3 cm and the tire type is solid, making flat tires impossible.
Using the Scooter: Smoothly Navigating Bumps, Curbs, and Cracks
I found the lightweight scooter could easily reach speeds of 12 km per hour or 10 mph. It has a 1P54 rating which means it is mostly water and dust resistant. But I would avoid going near puddles deliberately or taking the scooter out in wet weather – better safe than sorry!
Though my scooter takes 1 to 2 hours to completely charge, charging it for longer than 3 hours is not recommended as this will affect battery life. Even though the scooter does not have a suspension system, it has sturdy tires which can handle any type of irregularities on the pavement or road surface.
The knees acted very well as a form of suspension, much to my delight. At the speed which I was traveling, the battery had a range of around 8 to 10 miles. The maximum its battery can last is approximately 12 miles. The scooter can support up to 100 kgs with ease, so it was perfect for me as I have a heavy build.
It took me around 5 to 10 minutes to get a hang of how to balance on the transportation device and I gained considerably proficiency in roughly half an hour. With smooth motors and strong tires, the scooter provides an effortless ride and is perfect even if you want to step away and take a short break.
Structure of the Scooter
This self balancing scooter comes with two footboards, an outer case, twin motors, a light indicator, a battery, and a charging port.
- ForTech scooters have durable and long-lasting tires.
- The read on the wheels were deep, making it easy to ride, especially on rough uneven surfaces or difficult terrains.
- This is a highly versatile scooter and its solid construction does not need air or a pump of any sort.
- The many differing varieties of colors to choose from make this a cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing product.
- This scooter is so lightweight and portable that it can be ridden indoors and it can also handle abrupt turns or jerks with ease.
- The maximum speed this scooter can attain is pretty fast considering it operates on batteries.
- I like so much about the fact that this is an eco-friendly portable transportation device.
- Currently, this scooter model which I purchased has received favorable reviews from Amazon. But I would recommend that you purchase it from the manufacturer to avail the complete benefits of the warranty and free replacement guarantee.
- Great pricing and affordability in terms of usage are also some of the other benefits of this scooter.
- Its long-lasting battery is also a major incentive because it charges rapidly and is able to withstand even the strictest endurance test.
- I found that though the battery life is pretty long, charging it can be quite inconvenient compared to mechanical transportation devices
- I found learning how to ride the scooter on a mall or walkway extremely challenging.
- I also found that the scooter is not scratch-proof and it is not completely waterproof; most sites recommend staying away from vast pools of water while riding this scooter.
- It also lacks a bluetooth speaker built into the segway; a remote bluetooth device would have enhanced the value of this mobility device.
All in all, the ForTech Auto Balancing 2 wheel electric scooter is a great investment. I found that it is the perfect blend of a complete scooter and a skateboard. This mono rover or hoverboard has more advantages than limitations. I would recommend this scooter to users between 14 to 45 years. If you are looking for the perfect ride, hop on and be prepared to be amazed!