The Felimoda hoverboard was touted as a pretty big deal the moment it landed. Today, the same Felimoda hoverboard is up against ferocious competition from dozens of major brands. Nevertheless, this impressive piece of engineering continues to enjoy top-seller status with some of the world’s biggest retailers.
In this Felimoda self-balancing hoverboard review, we’ll be taking a detailed look at what makes this popular device such a winner by 2019’s discerning standards. Now being sold at its lowest price to date, the Felimoda hoverboard continues to represent superb value for money.
The manufacturer also recommends it as the perfect board for adults and kids alike. Coupled with the promise of fast charging time, decent top speed, and an impressive range, it certainly adds up to the all-round package on paper. The question is – how does the Felimoda self-balancing scooter perform when put to the test in the real world?
Felimoda Hoverboard Contents
- Two Wheel Hoverboard
- Power Supply Charger
- Carrying Bag
Features of Felimoda Hoverboard
1) Felimoda has gone to extremes to produce a scooter that tops the table in health and safety stakes. Having passed both UL-2271 battery tests and UL 2272 certified hoverboard, the Felimoda is a seriously safe and reassuring piece of kit that delivers total peace of mind.
2) Boasting an incredible maximum rider capacity of 120kg, the Felimoda self balancing scooter is ideal for adults and kids of all shapes and sizes. Though the hoverboard’s acceleration sensor is adjusted and its security system is intelligent, and it’s one of the best hoverboards for beginners also.
3) Under the hood, the 300w brushless dual motors deliver incredible power and punch from start to finish. The top speed itself is a pretty decent 9mph, while the maximum range of the Felimoda comes in at around 12km. In both instances, significantly better than many comparable boards.
4) The Felimoda Hoverboard 6.5 inch is also one of the easiest of its kind to get to grips with right out of the box. It offers a simple one-touch operation system and self-balancing technology, so you’re up and enjoying the ride in a matter of seconds.
5) No complaints whatsoever regarding how the Felimoda looks – beautifully designed and available in a variety of colors with ultra-bright LED light for added visibility.
6) Perhaps best of all, the manufacturer is so confident in the quality and performance of the Felimoda self-balancing hoverboards that it ships with a 30-days ‘no questions asked’ money-back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, you can ask for every penny of your money back and try something else.
Getting started on the Felimoda for the first time means giving it around 3 hours to charge fully. Not the fastest charging time on the market, but way better than some boards that need at least 6 hours or so.
After which, it’s a case of hitting the button to activate the board, and you’re in business. Felimoda claims to have fitted the Felimoda 6.5 inch hoverboard with the latest self balancing technology, which becomes more than evident during the first use. It’s as easy as it gets to step on and off, dealing comfortably with adults and kids alike.
We tested the board with grown-up riders in excess of 110kg, and it had no trouble at all, carrying them with zero lack of power or maneuverability. One interesting point – the manufacturer states that the Felimoda electric scooter is good for a maximum range of approximately 12km.
An Epic Range of 18km
During at least two of our tests, we got more than 18km out of it on a single charge. And that’s inclusive of inclines and challenging surfaces, which the Felimoda handles with absolutely no drama whatsoever.
The top speed of 9mph might not sound like much, but is actually more than enough. These things aren’t built for racing, but more enjoyable cruising and commuting.
They don’t provide any specific information regarding incline limitations in the manual. In any case, we couldn’t find a hill in our locality that caused it any real problems. Even when handling riders 100kg and up, it just kept on getting the job done, ride after ride.
Weighing in at 10kg and supplied with a convenient carrying bag, the Felimoda hoverboard 6.5 inch is easy to take out and about wherever you go. And as you’ve probably already seen by now, you can’t deny how pretty the Felimoda is to look at. And that counts for all the various colour options available.
- One of the safest boards of its kind on the market
- Durable and built to last
- Reassuring money-back guarantee
- Huge 120kg maximum capacity
- Excellent performance and consistent power
- Decent top speed and a good range
- Very smooth and enjoyable ride
- Perfect for adults and kids alike
- Astonishing value for money
- Slightly lengthy charging time
- Not fully waterproof so unsuitable for wet weather
If the Felimoda hoverboard was priced around 50% higher, it would still represent outstanding value for money. At its current price, it’s the kind of bargain that’s almost too good to be true.
There will always be compromises when picking up a budget-friendly board like this. Nevertheless, Felimoda delivers the goods in a big way in all the most important areas.
It’s hard not to be impressed by its looks, its performance, and its consistency with adults and kids alike. Great as a toy and just as good as a tool for commuting, this self-balancing scooter really is an absolute steal.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.