The EPCTEK 6.5″ has been around for some time now, yet remains a top-seller online. Even in the face of such huge competition, it’s rare to find an EPCTEK 6.5 inch hoverboard review that isn’t glowing with praise. But what is it about the EPCTEK 6.5″ hoverboard that makes it so popular? Particularly given 2019’s impossibly high standards, how can this low-cost board hold its own against the competition?
Three simple words – ‘value for money.’
Fast charging times, excellent battery life, and extensive safety testing add up to a quality scooter for the whole family. What’s more, this 6.5-inch scooter boasts one of the most impressive load capacities of any board in its class. So even if you’re far from slender, you’ll still have no trouble getting around on this marvellous machine.
Great as a gift an even better as a personal indulgence, the EPCTEK 6.5″ hoverboard outperforms many of its closest competitors by a significant margin. Currently, on sale at its lowest price to date, it’s hard to think of a comparable board on the market right now that represents the same superb value for money.
Hoverboard Box Contents
- 1 x Two Wheel Hoverboard
- 1 x Power Supply Charger
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Carrying Bag
Features of EPCTEK 6.5 inch Hoverboard
- The EPCTEK 6.5″ scooter boasts significantly more safety features than you’d expect at this kind of price. UL2272 Certified, explosion-proof tires, short-circuit protection, overheating protection, overcharge protection, low-voltage protection, and so on – all adding up to total peace of mind.
- Along with a decent range in the region of 10 miles, this entry-level scooter also has an impressively rapid charging time of less than 3 hours. Considerably less than many comparable boards within the same price bracket.
- The inclusion of a built-in bluetooth speaker lets the rider choose their perfect soundtrack for every journey. The speaker itself is moderate in quality, but more than loud enough to get the job done.
- Multiple bright LED lights positioned around the board make for safe and confident riding when visibility is low. There are also flashing LEDs on the wheels to create the ultimate visual spectacle when in operation.
- Under the hood, a pair of cutting-edge 300-W motors provide enormous power and consistent performance. As a result, this extraordinary machine is capable of carrying riders up to 265lbs in weight. That makes it one of the most powerful and versatile scooters within its class.
- The quality 6.5-inch rubber tires provide a smooth and enjoyable experience on most everyday surfaces while enabling the scooter to deal with inclines as steep as 15°.
- The manufacturer behind the EPCTEK 6.5″ self balancing scooter is renowned for its dedication to customer satisfaction. Customer service representatives can be contacted at any time with questions or concerns both before and after buying the board.
As promised in the sales blurb, this hoverboard was fully charged and ready to go in just over 2 hours. I’ve personally experienced boards that need to be plugged in for around 6 hours for a full charge, so I was more than happy with the 2 hour charging time.
With no complex features or riding modes to worry about, it’s simply a case of hitting the button to activate the motors, and you’re good to go. I’ve had a fair amount of experience with boards like these, so I can vouch for the manufacturer’s claims of a secure and balanced board to mount. As can my wife – she’s not exactly an expert with self balancing scooters and she still had no trouble stepping on the EPCTEK 6.5 inch hoverboard.
I’m not even close to the 265lbs weight limit of the board, but I can say without hesitation that the power and performance it delivers are outstanding. From the moment it kicks into action, you feel a sense of control and confidence that makes for a seriously enjoyable ride. I tested the EPCTEK 6.5 inch self balancing scooter on a bunch of surfaces and inclines – none of which posed any problems whatsoever.
I calculated its top speed in the region of 8mph (with me as a rider) and its average range of around 10 miles or so. After which, just a quick 2-hour charge had it juiced-up and ready to go once again. I know 8mph isn’t going to set any speed records, but it was more than fast enough for me and is decent enough for this kind of money.
No complaints with the way the EPCTEK 6.5″ Scooter looks or how it is put together – quality materials and excellent manufacturing standards in general. All those flashing LEDs are as eye-catching as you’d expect but also serve an important safety purpose when riding at night.
Not that I’d let my kids out on any hoverboard when it’s dark out, but still – more is always better when it comes to safety!
- One of the safest boards within its price bracket
- Excellent manufacturing standards
- Enormous 265lbs maximum rider weight
- Superb power and performance from start to finish
- Quick two-hour charging time
- Decent top speed and manoeuvrability
- Very stable and secure when mounting/dismounting
- Perfect for adults and kids of all ages
- Truly remarkable value for money
- Could do with being a little faster
- Slightly shorter range than comparable scooters
In order to reach a fair conclusion about the EPCTEK 6.5″ self-balancing scooter, you need to consider everything in accordance with its price. For this kind of money, you’d typically expect a bog-standard generic board, fitted with unimpressive motors and comparatively few safety features.
In the case of the EPCTEK 6.5″, this ultra-affordable scooter has the kinds of safety features and raw power you’d normally associate with a far more expensive board. Once again, it’s not until you get on the EPCTEK 6.5″ scooter and feel what its engines are capable of that you realize just how impressive it is.
Easy to mount and dismount, simple to ride and quick to charge, it’s an outstanding all-round machine for the whole family. Even with a couple of very minor issues that could do with being addressed, it’s still an absolute steal at its current selling price and well worth checking out.