The speed at which the self-balancing scooter market is evolving never fails to astonish me. What sells for $130 today would have easily set you back $250+ a year or two ago. The CBD Hoverboard is demonstrating just how far things have come over such a short space of time.
Now selling for around $130, the CBD Hoverboard has a spec sheet you can’t help but be impressed with. Assuming it lives up to the manufacturer’s claims, the price is almost too good to be true. Designed to carry kids and adults of all ages, this is a UL2272 certified board with a long-lasting battery and a Bluetooth speaker.
It’s also extremely well presented, with plenty of LEDs about the place and several designs to choose from. I wasn’t familiar with this manufacturer when I loaned the board, so I started out with a blank canvas.
The question being – how much board can you get these days for just $130? Is there any way the CBD Hoverboard can live up to expectations at this price? Check out the details of my CBD Hoverboard review for more detailed info and insights.
CBD Hoverboard Package Contents:
- Main unit (scooter).
- Charging cable/Plug In adaptor.
- User Manual.
Features of CBD Hoverboard
1) The CBD is available in a variety of configurations, with or without Bluetooth speakers as preferred.
2) All boards are fully UL 2272 safety certified and extensively tested for total peace of mind.
3) Two eye-catching LED front lights and flashing wheels improve visibility during darker conditions.
4) Twin 300W dual motors provide enough power to carry riders up to a maximum of 200lbs in weight.
5) The top speed of the board is listed at 9.3mph, along with a maximum range of 9.3 miles.
6) Battery charging times average 5 hours, after which the board can run for approximately 1 hour before recharging.
7) The latest self-balancing technology has been used to create a smooth, safe, and stable riding experience.
8) Impressively, the CBD self balancing scooter can also deal with inclines of up to 15°, whether carrying adults or kids.
My Experience with CBD Hoverboard
When testing a self-balancing scooter at $130, it’s natural to have modest expectations. This way, you’re occasionally in for a pleasant surprise – as was the case with this thing. A 200lbs maximum weight limit meant I was pushing it a little, but it carried me light. I weighed nothing at all.
This was the most impressive thing about the whole experience – the board’s consistent power and performance. Trialled on all the usual surfaces – grass, concrete, carpets, compacted dirt – it didn’t falter once. Shy of its ostentatious appearance, I’d have had no idea it was a board built with kids in mind.
A top speed of 9mph for a board that this kind of price is superb. It’s not the fastest scooter on the market, but nonetheless runs circles around many comparably priced products. The maximum range of around 9 miles is also more than you’d expect for this kind of cash.
The quality of the Bluetooth speaker was average, but I’m not a user of them anyway. With low-cost boards like these, there’s usually at least one compromise that’s more or less inevitable. In the case of the CBD Hoverboard, it’s a charging time of 5 hours.
That’s a little too long, in my opinion, but not the end of the world, when paying so little for so much. I could be wrong, but I struggle to see how you could do better right now for $130. Especially if looking for something suitable for the whole family.
- Nicely built and well presented
- Surprisingly sturdy and durable
- Very stable when mounting and dismounting
- Suitable for adults and kids alike
- Decent top speed of 9mph
- Good maximum range of 9 miles
- Moderate Bluetooth speaker built-in
- Extensively safety tested and certified
- Outstanding value for money
- It takes 5 hours to charge.
For the most part, the CBD Hoverboard is a fantastic choice for kids of all ages. It’s just that if you wanted to, you could quite easily borrow it yourself from time to time. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it as a serious adult transportation device.
But as an enjoyable piece of kit, the whole family can enjoy, it’s an absolute bargain. When opting for a low-cost board, you wouldn’t normally expect a decent top speed, admirable range, and plenty of pulling power.
Nor would you normally get a board that can carry adults of my weight. 200lbs isn’t an astonishing capacity but is more than enough for a low-cost board primarily for kids. Long story short – an excellent toy that also doubles up as an enjoyable smooth ride for adults. All at a price that’s pretty much impossible to argue with.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular hoverboards, kindly visit our reviews page.