What is Self Balancing System?
Our world is one that definitely prides its self in the evolution of technology and the impact it has on the world thereof. Right from Stone Age we have been a species to enhance, modify, and change the way we think and live. If we have not seen new age technologies spring up some rather innovative modes of travel – well, then it is easy to say we have simply fallen off the face of the earth! A few of our primary needs, however, remain intact – our need for food, shelter and modes of transport. Since the latter criteria are the bane of our ever growing existence, there are constant innovative measures that revolutionize and change our living entirely.
Self Balancing Technology
- The Segway was one of the pioneers in making aware the benefits of this technology in its device. It gives the device a life like quality in assessing the body balance of the rider to enable maneuverability.
- Most of the self balancing devices are built on a platform with two wheels attached to the base. These devices are run by electrical motors that are battery operated. The rider then places his/her feet firmly on the board before thrusting forward and pulling backward for initiating the ride.
- There are gyroscopic sensors placed strategically beneath the board. These are pressure sensors and act as a bridge between the rider and the device. Through these sensors the device picks up on the various pressure thrusts of the feet and is able to maneuver the vehicle accordingly.
- With the self balancing technology, the vehicle is able to function smoothly and even acts as a security feature as it aids in gesturing to the rider when it is unstable – by way of rattling or an alarm.
- The self balancing system is very important and it functions on the principles of the human body. For instance, when we lean forward we do not fall over because our brain is keeping balance at the same time, letting us know how much we can manage that.
- This system also helps in how the ride starts and ends. It uses the initial inertia of the feet to make the device move forward and through the sensors aids the device in garnering acceleration. Similarly, when the rider slows down by exerting pressure on the ball of the leg, the device shuts down acceleration and brings it to a stop.
- This system is a safety net for the automobile as well as the rider as it aids in sustaining optimum speed at every angle. It prevents the device from being overexerted and reduces the risk of wear and tear. It also protects the rider from injuries.
Related Article: How A Self Balancing Scooter Works?
Positives Of The Self Balancing System
- It is easy to learn the automobile because of its simple principles in thrust and inertia. It allows the rider to know how much pressure to exert in order to get adequate acceleration.
- The sensors aid in the self balancing system by making sharp turns and difficult terrain smoother.
- Through this one of kind systems the rider is connected to the automobile and is able to learn its functionality quicker.
- Security feature of the device is impressive as it aids in overall management of the ride.
- It is a great way to improve your own balance and agility.
Who would have thought that our very bodies can be the hub of a brain wave for the easy commute? Yes, our world is growing seemingly smaller and technological geniuses like self balancing systems create great devices. More to come!
Categorised in: Tips